Turris - WJC?

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
How come Turris wasn't even selected to try out for team canada at the world jrs this year?

The only draft eligible player to make the team was Gagner, yet Coutoure, Turris and in some cases Espo is rated higher than him.

I understand Couture had mono and that slowed him down at the start and Gagner beat out Espo, but what about Turris?

Pivot King

Aug 1, 2006
I don't think he was on Hockey Canada's radar yet. He really started to get the attention he deserves after the Jr. A challenge. I don't know if he played on last summer's under 18, so maybe someone else could comment on his play there if he did. Bottom line is they like to have an older team at the WJC, so if they were going to take a younger guy they had some great young talent available already.

Alter Haudegen

Dec 7, 2004
I don't think he was on Hockey Canada's radar yet. He really started to get the attention he deserves after the Jr. A challenge. I don't know if he played on last summer's under 18, so maybe someone else could comment on his play there if he did. Bottom line is they like to have an older team at the WJC, so if they were going to take a younger guy they had some great young talent available already.

Turris played at the U18 and while he had a good tournament he wasn't outstanding (1 goal and 1 assist in 4 games).

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
BCHL players typically don't even get a look either.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
If Burnaby either gets knocked out of this round (currently tied 2-2 in the best of 7 with Nanaimo),or the round after this one of the BCHL playoffs he'll be on Canada's U-18 team at the World U-18's ...but if Burnaby makes it to the BCHL finals but loses --I believe their could be overlap to the start of the World u-18's so he probably can't be included in that case;of course if Burnaby wins the BCHL they will go on to other Jr A tournaments and so Turris definietly won't be at the World U-18 in that event...so a lot depends on how long the next round goes and when the bCHL finals can start,and of course how far Burnaby survives to...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->