Turris vs Zibanejad

Who do you miss more?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

devbouz12

Eugene's dad
Jan 15, 2012
Similar to other poll, which of these two do you miss more?

I definitely miss Turris more. So many big playoff moments and crucial game winners. He was clutch af. Never been high on zibby

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Turris was the more important player for us but Zibanejad will be better going forward.

I miss Turris the player but Zibanejad the appreciating asset.

I’ve gone on record at being uncomfortable with signing Kyle for 8 years. Whether or not that’s just Dorion spin-doctoring after Turris’ opening offer is open to interpretation.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

devbouz12

Eugene's dad
Jan 15, 2012
Turris was the more important player for us but Zibanejad will be better going forward.

I miss Turris the player but Zibanejad the appreciating asset.

I’ve gone on record at being uncomfortable with signing Kyle for 8 years. Whether or not that’s just Dorion spin-doctoring after Turris’ opening offer is open to interpretation.
As much as I loved Turris, he had reached his max potential of 60 points a season and we moved him at the right time.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Zib was one of my favourite players but honestly he's gone nowhere since leaving us and I don't miss him nearly as much as I thought I would.

Turris's departure coincided with us dropping off a cliff performance-wise and becoming the laughing stock we are today, so I'll have to go with that option.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Zib was one of my favourite players but honestly he's gone nowhere since leaving us and I don't miss him nearly as much as I thought I would.

I still think he has the potential to break out for a monster season, he was always going to be a long-term project.

27 goals in 72 GP last year is nothing to sneeze at.

The Rangers are almost more of a dumpster fire than we are.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Possibly, but honestly, I'm glad it's another fan base that has to keep telling themselves that every year :)

Heh, well, I think his biggest criticism is his commitment level.

Some games he's a wrecking ball out there, driving to the net, other games, nearly invisible.

I get that the "power forward" game is impossible to maintain over an entire season - but if he could just bring it in the playoffs over an entire series or two, he could be a real difference-maker.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I still would have like to see Zibanejad develop on the wing. IMO he was naturally better suited as a 2 way power winger that can fire the puck. He is ok , not great with the puck and he isn't a very good play maker.

Reactions: NyQuil

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Turris, all day. No knock against Zibanejad but Turris seemed to be a great mix of strong player, good work ethic, liked in the locker room and active in the community. Those types of players are rare and, while the skill set doesn't always keep up (see Mike Fisher for another example,) there's a reason why these types of players become fan favourites.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Turris, all day. No knock against Zibanejad but Turris seemed to be a great mix of strong player, good work ethic, liked in the locker room and active in the community. Those types of players are rare and, while the skill set doesn't always keep up (see Mike Fisher for another example,) there's a reason why these types of players become fan favourites.
What do you you mean by strong player? His physical weakness was a big reason trading him was the right move.

Reactions: robsenz

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
On the ice, neither. Especially if they were both getting significant raises.

In the community, Turris in a big way.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Zibanejad is the most overrated player on this board. Turris and it’s not even close. He had his flaws but the guy actually played to his potential and gave his all night in and night out, unlike Fatassejad.

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Neither. I am happy with Duchene and happy that Zibby is not here. he was too inconsistent to be a top player on this team. Whether he turns into one remains to be seen. He is a frustrating package of amazing tools who just cannot put it all together. Hoping for the best for him.

I like Turris but I don't think he has another level to hit and he is at his peak now, or maybe starting to decline. For him to disappear in last year's playoffs, I though he was hurt. For him to go to the Worlds was a shocker to me. 3 assists in 13 games. Can you imagine if that happened here, the uproar.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Possibly, but honestly, I'm glad it's another fan base that has to keep telling themselves that every year :)

If the argument doesn't work for Ceci, it doesn't work for others as well. Zibanejad has 417 NHL games, he is what he is at this point, a good offensive 2nd line Center.

But it's very possible that he has a career year or two at some point.

As much as I loved Turris, he had reached his max potential of 60 points a season and we moved him at the right time.

This. I can't see him being a +0.60 PPG for many more years. He plays for a pretty good team though.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Turris was the more consistent of the two so I'm picking him. The playoff OT goals are also hard to ignore, those are all some huge highlights for the franchise.

Zibanejad, unfortunately, almost always left me wanting more.

Still, both good players and our team would be much better if we had either of them still. That being said, I still like both trades that had us send them away: Brassard was attempt to get Ryan going and Duchene is better than Turris.

Reactions: devbouz12

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I love Zibby, but clearly pre-Gumby Turris was the better player. Post-Gumby we didn't get to see them play on the same team to be able to assess them more or less objectively, but certainly Turris has declined. Has he declined to the point that Zibby is the better player now? Don't know.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Can't pick between these two, it's a real "Sophie's choice".

What I do know is that I'd rather have Turris, Zibanejad, Bowers, OTT 1st 2019, OTT 2nd 2018, OTT 3rd 2018 over Matt Duchene, Filip Gustavsson, JBD, Tychonik, Loheit,PIT 3rd 2020.

Would be interesting to see what the team would look like now if we just let the team grow organically instead of forcing big moves for Ryan/Brassard/Duchene.

Reactions: DrEasy

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Zibanejad at his absolute best looked like Ovechkin sometimes. We rarely got to see it though. I don't miss him and if Gustafsson and JBD turns out well we're better off. Turris was one of my favourite players, I have his jersey, I'll still take Duchene over him every single day, even if the trade was awful. Definitely miss Turris more but I'm not mad about being without either of them.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Can't pick between these two, it's a real "Sophie's choice".

What I do know is that I'd rather have Turris, Zibanejad, Bowers, OTT 1st 2019, OTT 2nd 2018, OTT 3rd 2018 over Matt Duchene, Filip Gustavsson, JBD, Tychonik, Loheit,PIT 3rd 2020.

Would be interesting to see what the team would look like now if we just let the team grow organically instead of forcing big moves for Ryan/Brassard/Duchene.

Zibanejad vs Duchene
Turris vs JBD
OTT 1st 2019 vs Gustavsson
Bowers vs Tychonick
OTT 2nd 2018 vs Loheit
OTT 3rd 2018 vs Columbus 3rd 2020

Yeah, need to hit a few homeruns, on JBD and Gustavsson at least, and not give a too high pick to the Avs.

It could end up disastrous or not that bad, it's still up in the air.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Anyone who watched both would easily tell you its Turris. Zibanejad was 90% of the time a disappointment.
Even his wiki states he's a Swedish record producer as his primary career rather than hockey player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->