Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Josi - Jones
Ekholm - Weber
Girard - Ellis

RIP
#1 - Never would've made it past LV expansion
#2 - 37M in caphit starting next season for those 6. So RIP good forward group
#3 - Without those trades our C group last season would've consisted of Bonino #1C, Jarnkrok #2C, Sissons #3C, Freddy G #4C (i guess). Trades of necessity. Nashville would be at the bottom of the standings with that nonsense.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Turris has 11 points in 20 games averaging about 13:30 a night and being 50% on face offs. I know his contract is bad but there has to be a taker who is weak at C. Maybe Nash can retain about 20%.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Turris has 11 points in 20 games averaging about 13:30 a night and being 50% on face offs. I know his contract is bad but there has to be a taker who is weak at C. Maybe Nash can retain about 20%.

We shouldn't be retaining. Either Turris gets traded or Laviolette gets fired and he stays, maybe both.

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa

His point totals aren't terrible.. Has he been horrible defensively?

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
His point totals aren't terrible.. Has he been horrible defensively?

I wouldn't say he's horrible, maybe average. The issue isn't one of his play, there's something going on, there's no reason Daniel Carr and Olivier to be playing instead of him. It's either on him, the coach or both.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
#1 - Never would've made it past LV expansion
#2 - 37M in caphit starting next season for those 6. So RIP good forward group
#3 - Without those trades our C group last season would've consisted of Bonino #1C, Jarnkrok #2C, Sissons #3C, Freddy G #4C (i guess). Trades of necessity. Nashville would be at the bottom of the standings with that nonsense.

Regardless, they were all studs. The pieces they got in exchange for them is nowhere near fair value.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Regardless, they were all studs. The pieces they got in exchange for them is nowhere near fair value.

Except you're intentionally ignoring our sustained success with Johansen and Subban, and the fact that Girard does not play a second over 12:00 minutes a night if he stays here. :eyeroll: Clueless.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
:laugh: you're so delusional

How so? You think we go to the finals with Weber and Jones? With the way Weber ended his tenure here? With who as our no.1 center?

Fact is we went to within 2 games of winning the cup, we won the Presidents trophy and we won our division with Johansen and Subban.
It's easy to write down all the names of the defensemen we've developed and say we really messed it up, why didn't we just play Jones on the third pairing all these years? It's not a video game, we needed a no.1 Center and we needed a change up after Weber's performance against San Jose. It's not delusional, it's what actually happened.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
How so? You think we go to the finals with Weber and Jones? With the way Weber ended his tenure here? With who as our no.1 center?

Fact is we went to within 2 games of winning the cup, we won the Presidents trophy and we won our division with Johansen and Subban.
It's easy to write down all the names of the defensemen we've developed and say we really messed it up, why didn't we just play Jones on the third pairing all these years? It's not a video game, we needed a no.1 Center and we needed a change up after Weber's performance against San Jose. It's not delusional, it's what actually happened.

I'm saying the quality of players you let go isn't equivalent to what you got in return. When you don't win the cup how far you make it into the playoffs is meaningless. Loser mentality, participation medals don't mean shit. That's why youre' 1) delusional and 2) extremely clueless.

Keep convincing yourself otherwise tho, w/e helps you sleep better.

Last edited:

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017

If I had a time machine, sure, it'd be great to go back and advise Poile to make different trades. Not to advise him not to make any trades at all mind you - he needed to trade 2 of our D for 2 centermen. Maybe he picked the wrong D or the wrong C. I think we were all satisfied at the time with both of those trades. And it's just impossible to know who else he could have gotten instead that would have been better. It's hard to find top-6 centers in trades. I don't remember agonizing over available options in either of those cases.

Heck, if I had the same time machine I could probably inform him on a few draft picks he should have made differently too. We'd have won quite a few Cups if I had that time machine, I tell ya. :(

Reactions: Armourboy

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I'm saying the quality of players you let go isn't equivalent to what you got in return. When you don't win the cup how far you make it into the playoffs is meaningless. Loser mentality, participation medals don't mean ****. That's why youre' 1) delusional and 2) extremely clueless.

Only one team can win the cup and the game isn't played on paper.
Johansen was PPG in his first two playoffs with us, nobody could predict that he'd get a thigh injury on a fluke play that would leave us without a quality center in our top six.
The only players available when we were moving Jones were Johansen, who was coming off a 70 point season, RNH, who was coming off a 50 point season and reminded everybody of David Legwand, and Leon Draisaitl who had just finished a 9 point rookie season and was being thought of as another Edmonton bust.

Yes, with your great hindsight vision it's easy to say, lol why didn't you dummies trade for Draisaitl, but you're willfully ignoring Edmonton's track record with developing top 5 picks. The Oilers were in the middle of ruining Nail Yakupov, Draisaitl looked like he was a bust after a mismanaged rookie season and in the summer the Oilers had drafted Puljujarvi, who they would also ruin.

Subban was our best defensemen in the playoffs and some could argue our best overall player in the playoffs, there's no way Weber would have done a better job than him.

Girard played 5 NHL games after a good training camp, Turris helped his team nearly get to the finals. Could you have predicted that he would break his foot twice and his ribs last year? No, we were right to trade a random prospect that came out of no where for a solid, if unspectacular, no.2 center. You'd be a fool to think other wise.

Do you really think a team can not have success without wining a cup? Does that make 30 teams clueless every year?

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
If I had a time machine, sure, it'd be great to go back and advise Poile to make different trades. Not to advise him not to make any trades at all mind you - he needed to trade 2 of our D for 2 centermen. Maybe he picked the wrong D or the wrong C. I think we were all satisfied at the time with both of those trades. And it's just impossible to know who else he could have gotten instead that would have been better. It's hard to find top-6 centers in trades. I don't remember agonizing over available options in either of those cases.

Heck, if I had the same time machine I could probably inform him on a few draft picks he should have made differently too. We'd have won quite a few Cups if I had that time machine, I tell ya. :(

At the times these were all the right moves to make, even though we all knew that we would lose any Jones trade. It's fun to look back in hindsight, but you can't really fault him for those making those choices.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
At the times these were all the right moves to make, even though we all knew that we would lose any Jones trade. It's fun to look back in hindsight, but you can't really fault him for those making those choices.
It's amazing that people can't seem to understand that at the time of the trade we all knew Jones would end up the better player. There is a reason Nashville fans don't agonize over that trade like fans of other teams do. We accepted that no matter who we traded for that was going to be the case.

Without those trades Nashville doesn't reach the SCF, nor does it win the Presidents trophy, both of which put the organization in a really good spot with fan and corporate involvement. Every time this argument comes up I have one answer, Poile would make those trades again every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Reactions: NNCbama

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Montreal could use a right handed centre.

No one signs with Montreal.

No one develops well with Montreal, so it's not like they need the cap space for anything

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->