Turris:4 goals last night (Jan 30th)

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
He scored all of Burnaby's goals in a 6-4 loss to Merritt...was given 1st star of the game...He is now 3rd in BCHL scoring (49G+33A =82pts in 38GP;2.2 pts /game) ---Casey Pierro Zabotel had 1G+4A for Merritt in the game --the LW is 2nd in BCHL scoring with 89pts (41G+48A in 44GP =2.0 pts per game)...Zabotel is projected as a 3rd rounder by CSS (But I think he'll go in the 2nd) ---Zabotel is 10 months older than Turris..

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I think Zabotel can be a 2nd round pick, also. He has some nice potential and good skills. I don't think he has the world's highest upside, but I think he will be a good pick to whoever takes him.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Man, I hope he falls out of the top 10..but I doubt he does :(

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
if the guy is this good, why isn't he in the WHL??

Commited to playing in the NCAA with Wisconsin. Another reason I think Turris will be the best offensive player out of this draft, he's extremely raw right now and is one of the youngest eligible players. Once he fills out to just under 200 pounds he will be scary.

Blue Bullet

Feb 27, 2002
Bon Accord, AB
Visit site
Did Cogliano play in the same league? Can someone compare his stats?

Thanks

Cogliano played in the OPJHL.

For a relatively recent player to compare I have chosen Travis Zajac who played in the BCHL before heading to North Dakota. I have listed his stats for his draft year back in 2004. You have to remember that Zajac was 15 months older than what Turris is when he put up these numbers. Take it for what its worth but those are fairly impressive numbers Turris is putting up for a 17 year old.

Turris 38-49-33-82

Zajac 59-43-69-112

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
Cogliano played in the OPJHL.

For a relatively recent player to compare I have chosen Travis Zajac who played in the BCHL before heading to North Dakota. I have listed his stats for his draft year back in 2004. You have to remember that Zajac was 15 months older than what Turris is when he put up these numbers. Take it for what its worth but those are fairly impressive numbers Turris is putting up for a 17 year old.

Turris 38-49-33-82

Zajac 59-43-69-112

Wow, I'm pretty high on Turris but those are some pretty impressive numbers. At this rate he'll end up with just under 130 points and at a very young age.

Ti-girl

Jan 29, 2005
Merida, Mexico
if the guy is this good, why isn't he in the WHL??

If a player plays in the CHL he is ineligable to play in the NCAA. Many players will commit to an NCAA school but then decide to join their CHL team (Kevin Undershute of the TIgers is a good example of this.) while others (Dan Bertram) will stay playing Jr A so they can go play college hockey.

AgentNaslund*

If a player plays in the CHL he is ineligable to play in the NCAA. Many players will commit to an NCAA school but then decide to join their CHL team (Kevin Undershute of the TIgers is a good example of this.) while others (Dan Bertram) will stay playing Jr A so they can go play college hockey.

sigh, and guess who has his CHL rights.........

Vancouver Giants.......

BC Boy ripping it up for the Vancouver Giants = marketing. Im sad he took the NCAA route.

derbyfan

Nov 23, 2002
Visit site
I know it ain't happening since he's spurned Vancouver for some time now, but can you imagine the Giants with Turris in the lineup?
That team is scary enough already, but they'd be downright frightening with Kyle on board.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Zabotel game reminds me somewhat of Gomez in the BCHL. However, I don't know that he has the wheels to be a top flite prospect.

Turris reminds me of Brendan Morrison. He'll be Hobey Baker material in the NCAA. Will be a scorer at any level he plays. Speed makes him very hard to handle.

WesternEliteHockeyPr

Mar 5, 2003
Visit site
Turris 50 Goals in 39 games!!

That is down right impressive. However it won't be enough to reach the BCHL record Brett Hull holds of 105 goals in 57 games. It is very hard to say how he would be doing in the WHL which is probably the top defensive league of the 3 major jr leagues in Canada. I think the best comparison is that of Mike Comrie in terms of style of play. Turris would likely be around the 30 goal mark in the whl is my guess.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Zabotel game reminds me somewhat of Gomez in the BCHL. However, I don't know that he has the wheels to be a top flite prospect.

Turris reminds me of Brendan Morrison. He'll be Hobey Baker material in the NCAA. Will be a scorer at any level he plays. Speed makes him very hard to handle.

Not to go off topic, but can you elaborate a little more?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad