Turnover City

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I saw unforced turnover after turnover last night, and in many of the previous games. Are the turnovers due to players who have cashed it in for this season, players with not enough talent to play at the NHL level, or are they due to poor coaching and/or poor system? We've mostly treated Tourigny with kid gloves for the past 2 years, but perhaps he's not the one for us going forward.

Reactions: SniperHF

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Are the turnovers due to players who have cashed it in for this season,
Tbh I mostly lean towards this. I don't think it's a coincidence that right when losing starts it gets even worse with all the media firing squad last month over the arena. This has happened before.

Reactions: Kai Yo T

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
I saw unforced turnover after turnover last night, and in many of the previous games. Are the turnovers due to players who have cashed it in for this season, players with not enough talent to play at the NHL level, or are they due to poor coaching and/or poor system? We've mostly treated Tourigny with kid gloves for the past 2 years, but perhaps he's not the one for us going forward.
Two goals on turnovers by Cooley and Guenther…they’re just young and are going to have growing pains. Part of the process yada yada…

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

I've been noticing this for years with this team, though. It's like playing NHL 23 on XBox with the Puck Control setting at minimum. I saw it with Tippett, with Tocchet, and with Tourigny (apropos of nothing, maybe we need a coach without a T surname someday), so I don't think it's coaching/system. It just looks lazy and uncommitted.

At one point I thought it was because the ice in Glendale was so bad, and they couldn't control the puck well because of the surface irregularities. But seeing it at Mullett - described as some of the best ice in the league - puts the kibosh on that.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Two goals on turnovers by Cooley and Guenther…they’re just young and are going to have growing pains. Part of the process yada yada…
Those two turnovers led to goals. There were about a dozen others, some leading to good chances.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Two critical mistakes were made by Cooley and Guenther, and as you know both rookies.

Reactions: DustyDangler

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
It doesn't feel new to me. Schmaltz is typically the most noticeable. Last night, had O zone pressure in the first, He was alone towards the middle and no pressure but the puck just slips off his stick out to the neutral zone and they then had to recover and regain the zone. It feels like a lack of focus, intensity and a general going through the motions thing with him but...same as it ever was.

On D, Valimaki is the most noticeable to me. Just seems like he and the puck are always fighting.

Reactions: Bonsai Tree

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
“The NHL in not a development league”. DT

“The league is a stupid league”. JT

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
It doesn't feel new to me. Schmaltz is typically the most noticeable. Last night, had O zone pressure in the first, He was alone towards the middle and no pressure but the puck just slips off his stick out to the neutral zone and they then had to recover and regain the zone. It feels like a lack of focus, intensity and a general going through the motions thing with him but...same as it ever was.

On D, Valimaki is the most noticeable to me. Just seems like he and the puck are always fighting.
Schmaltz had a rough game last night. Most likely intentional, what with all the scouts up top :sarcasm:
And there was a LOT of scouts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad