Turning it around

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
St Louis plays 5 times this week(Sun - Sun) and we only play 3 times. Ends the games in hand problems. They have Detroit, Nashville, Minnesota, and Columbus on the road and Chicago at home on the 14th. A couple of road losses and one to Chicago would help us out if we can continue winning. But they are currently on a 3 game win streak.

The Wild have lost 3 in a row and play 4 games; at Columbus, home against Chicago, St Louis, and Columbus.

If we continue to win, I like the chances of one of the teams above us faltering.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Well, we sit currently with a 24% chance according to the playoff calculator.

Everyone's barometer is 56 pts, so that is 8 wins away with 10 games to play.

Big week this week making the Western Canada tour, have to come out with 5 out of 6 pts.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I think 56 is a little high of a barometer personally. Maybe 56 to have it be pretty much a guarantee, but we could sneak in with probably 52 if other results swing our way.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
Forget the points, the team needs to do better than Detroit over the next 10 games. It really is that simple. Columbus and Nashville are basically out. That 9th spot is going to be taken by one of Detroit, Phoenix, Edmonton or Dallas.

It's time for Smith to do his magic. His lackluster performance over the course of the season will be quickly forgotten if he can somehow defy the odds and take this team to the postseason.

I'm still expecting us to fall short, but I'm excited about that final 10 game push. Hopefully we keep it interesting til the end. This Canadian road trip is going to be intense.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I'm still expecting us to fall short, but I'm excited about that final 10 game push. Hopefully we keep it interesting til the end. This Canadian road trip is going to be intense.

I agree in a sense. If we do sneak our way into the playoffs, we'll be riding a really hot streak as they start. That can only mean good things. If we fall short, streaks won't matter.

I'd also generally rather be on a hot streak to steal the 6th-8th seed starting the playoffs (or in the case of last year for us, the 3rd seed as division winners), than on kind of a mediocre phase or cold streak in a higher seed (say, 4th or 5th, or even a 1st-3rd division winner's seed) to start the playoffs myself.

Scott MS

Jan 22, 2007
I agree that it's Phoenix vs. Detroit for the final spot. Coyotes have one game in hand and are 3 points back. Both teams play each other on April 22nd in Detroit.

Unless St. Louis suddenly hits a losing streak . . .

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
At this point I'm praying we either do no worse than 6-1 the rest of the way or no better than 1-6. I really don't want to be anywhere in between. With our luck, though, I bet we go 4-2-1 and miss by two points. Good enough to put us well outside top ten at the draft, though.

Last edited:

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
It don't matter, it's already preordained by the Hockey Gods that the Coyotes will win the Lottery!!! How else can the NHL justify the selling price...it will be unfortunate for this web site, they would have to close hfboards down.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
It don't matter, it's already preordained by the Hockey Gods that the Coyotes will win the Lottery!!! How else can the NHL justify the selling price...it will be unfortunate for this web site, they would have to close hfboards down.

This is what I'm hoping for but I'm expecting pick #14. Hockey the Frustrating Way!

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

LOL, wouldn't that be something.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
If we won the lottery, Canada would melt. Canadian cats and dogs would be living together. Total chaos. The Canadian dead would rise from their graves and wander Canadian earth in search of the flesh of living Canadians.

Rutkowski

Jul 13, 2012
Uppsala, Sweden
Problem is that that'd mean the Coyotes would be pushed to pick Jones as he is the pretty clear #1 and Phoenix really doesn't need more defenders.

It'd actually be a situation I'd be okay with them trading down to the fifth pick or so for a pretty awesome player or prospect.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
Problem is that that'd mean the Coyotes would be pushed to pick Jones as he is the pretty clear #1 and Phoenix really doesn't need more defenders.

It'd actually be a situation I'd be okay with them trading down to the fifth pick or so for a pretty awesome player or prospect.

hi-jack the thread

Colorado would want that pick, badly. I can't see them drafting Mackinnon, Drouin, yes but they may be willing to pay to move up, especially if Florida was in between.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Bolded = projected 2pt
Ilalics = 1pt
Default = 0pt

Date|Phx (11th)|Dal (10th)|Det (9th)|Cbj (8th)|Min (7th)
19th|44 pts|47 pts|47 pts|49 pts|51 pts
20th|46 pts|47 pts|48 pts |49 pts|51 pts
21st|46 pts|48 pts|48 pts |51 pts|51 pts
22nd|46 pts|48 pts |50 pts|51 pts |51 pts
23rd| |@SJ| | |LA
24th| SJ | |LA| |
25th| |CBJ|NSH| @DAL |
26th| COL | | | |EDM
27th| @ANH | DET |@DAL|NSH|@COL
projected pts|52|50 |50|53 |51

Only way for us to get in. Too many teams above us need to lose out. We need to win out.

22 Apr - Lost to Detroit
21 Apr - Columbus wins at SJ and Dallas loses in OT. Minnesota loses to Calgary. Maybe they can lose their last 3 as well.
20 Apr - Coyotes win in SO and Detroit loses in SO. That helps.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->