Tuomo Ruutu possibly retires from hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Predatore said:
Along with Petteri Nokelainen my favourite Finnish hockey player. Would hate to see him retire. He plays the game just as I would like it to be played.
Funny you say that, as Nokelainen also has a knee injury that could easily become a similarly recurring problem.

But man, this doesn't just suck for Hawks fans, it sucks for all hockey fans as Tuomu was turning into one heck of a hockey player and should've been a treat for us all to watch for years to come. It's a shame any time someone has their career cut short, but even more so when they're such a promising talent and they're still so very young.

Westguy13

Apr 6, 2005
Not KC...
Seph said:
But man, this doesn't just suck for Hawks fans, it sucks for all hockey fans as Tuomu was turning into one heck of a hockey player and should've been a treat for us all to watch for years to come.
Exactly I really don't like the hawks that much but I love watching Tuomu play he does some amazing things on the ice. I really do simpathise with him though I had to end my career due to injury's and I've regreted it ever since. When you have as much passion and talent as he does it's hard to just end it. It would be a great tragedy for him and the hockey community if he decides to retire.

FoppaArGud

Jan 18, 2006
PHILLY
exactly

Yeah, im gonna listen to instead of some scout/coach who thinks this guy has all the talent in the world and heart to be one of the best forward in Finnish history.

Oh by the way, that second injury was a cut in his ankle, very sad that you dont do your research before talking this bull..

notice how he didnt address the ATOI numbers, it sucks that he has been banged up and to address the above, no, this is not a joke, the hubub around the Chi has been that his career is in jeopardy and they mentioned "a potential serious injury situation" for him at the entry draft.

I dont know about next Forsberg but I certainly see the comparisons and he showed too much grit to be faking the injuries or under conditioning IMO. I saw him in person at a Hawks exhibition game and he was a dynamo and the goal he scored in the final against Canada in 2004 was one for the ages; highlight of the tourney, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->