Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
dakdak said:
About time...he shoulda retired years ago

It's Tuomo, not Jarkko.

This is very sad news to hear. I thought he was going to be the next Forsberg.

And he scored one heck of a goal vs Canada in the World Cup final 2004.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Along with Petteri Nokelainen my favourite Finnish hockey player. Would hate to see him retire. He plays the game just as I would like it to be played.

spertti

Feb 25, 2006
johnny_rudeboy said:
Sad news, why not take a year off and then try again. It kind of worked for Forsberg...

He already tried that on lockout season..

The guy plays with a great attitude and has all the talent is needed to dominate any league in the future... I´m so sad if he has to retire, the guy is only 23 years old.

CUBErt

Feb 13, 2006
Finland
I seriously doubt Tuomo retires now. But if he does, it's a damn shame. He's a tremendously talented hockey player and one of the nicest guys around.

Savolainen

Oct 10, 2005
Oh man, I can't say anything now! This is such a poor guy. And he is only 23 years old! And his future could be so great! When you hear such things you forget all the great things in hockey! :cry:

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Ah too bad :( I really liked him, looked like a poor mans Ovechkin at times. But there is a life after hockey and he would probably regret it if he keept going and destroyed his body for the rest of his life.

CUBErt

Feb 13, 2006
Finland
Krm500 said:
But there is a life after hockey
At least for Tuomo there certainly is. He's a very bright guy and will easily make something of himself if his body won't allow for this whole hockey thing to work out.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I don't know about the specifics in Tuomo's case, but unless its extremely bad he won't retire this summer. Its not that I think he isn't sincire, but playing the game is litterary a drug for a athleet. Not a chance that he will give it up before failuring completly.

Though its not a good sign for his future. Tragic.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
I think Tuomo needs a break. He didn't have a great tournament and he probably wants everyone to know how tough it has been playing with the injuries. And the guy is probably exhausted. He'll be back.

ThinMcWhistle

Mar 26, 2005
Northern hemisphere
In the quoted article, it says that he was beaming and smiling when he said what he said. Doesn't exactly look like someone who has just pronounced his intention to retire from a pro-hockey career at the age of 23.

I think the article was either misquoted, or then Tuomo was full of it.

He'll be back next season, guaranteed.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
finska said:
In the quoted article, it says that he was beaming and smiling when he said what he said. Doesn't exactly look like someone who has just pronounced his intention to retire from a pro-hockey career at the age of 23.

I think the article was either misquoted, or then Tuomo was full of it.

He'll be back next season, guaranteed.

Yeah he was grinning mysteriously, but isn't he always?

ThinMcWhistle

Mar 26, 2005
Northern hemisphere
psycho_dad said:
Yeah he was grinning mysteriously, but isn't he always?

Yeah, it seems like he is one of those guys who just says stuff to get a reaction out of people. Kind of reminds me of one Vincent Carter who used to play for the Toronto Raptors (NBA team). I remember when he stated after a rough loss and when he was near the end of his tenure in Toronto that he was going to stop dunking...

I don't know, but if I could imagine anyone talking trash.. It would have to be Ruutu.

However, if this is the case, I don't think it's very funny to the Chicago Blackhawks/Team Finland fans.

JamieG

May 25, 2003
Visit site
I seriously doubt it is true. You might think that "he will make something out of himself" but money talks, and there's nothing else he could do that will allow him to make as much money as he does playing hockey.

I also don't really understand all of this sympathy for him. It's not that big of a loss for the Blackhawks. He came in with an incredible amount of hype and has basically been a bust, despite getting loads of ice time. He gets 1st line playing time and he's really more of a 3rd liner who is fragile as can be and is always injured.

How pathetic is it that Ruutu has played more games for Team Finland than he has for the Chicago Blackhawks?

So if it were true, it's not that big of a loss. He's very overrated, hasn't produced like he should and was always injured anyway. The Blackhawks should have dealt him when they still could have got something for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->