Tuomo Ruutu hit vs. Latvia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jysk

Jul 3, 2004
Skellefteå Sweden
FLYLine88 said:
Is almost everyone here blind? He brought his stick up into the players face, which is why he was left bloodied on the ice. Great call by the ref.

And he didnt get a 5+ game suspension, he got 5 minutes and a game misconduct.

I agree

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
finska said:
Jeez, I just realized that myself. Thanks, I'm okay now.
Tuomo's a machine... But should he be playing this way when he just got off a serious injury? Methinks he should take it a bit easier and focus on scoring some goals and setting up plays instead of smashing players through the boards.
Honestly, I don't think he knows how to play any other way :D

In one of the first games he came back from this year after his first injury, he demolished Marcus Nilson of the Flames... we never thought he'd be looking to pound someone so soon off of an injury, but he he seems to enjoy it

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Clean or Not?

[image]http://img281.imageshack.us/img281/9886/18db.jpg[/image]

[image]http://img281.imageshack.us/img281/6295/27ov.jpg[/image]

[image]http://img281.imageshack.us/img281/1796/33rs.jpg[/image]

[image]http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3180/40wg.jpg[/image]

Click to enlarge

jaydub*

Like Wall said:
You are blind. Redlihs didn't see him. he managed only to turn his head. He deserved every min of that penalty. I hope he got a good lesson. That was Ruutu's intention to hit him.

Its good to see you have no idea what the rules of hockey are.

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
It wasn't a clean hit. It was charging and 2+2 at the most imo. 5+20 is too much imho. Tuomo came fast to hit the latvian player who ducked and that's why Tuomo hit him slightly to the head. Tuomo kept his hand to his body and didn't lift them. He did jump and thus a charging call and another minor for the slight injury. That would have been my call if I would be the ref. I think my opinion would be the same if, let's throw this one from the back of my head, Astashenko hit Peltonen.

Gardebut30

Jun 8, 2004
FLYLine88 said:
Is almost everyone here blind? He brought his stick up into the players face.

Slow motion is a great tool. Use it. On the last replay of the hit in this clip, Ruutu's right glove hand is just below the player's chin. And he hit him more with the front of his body than the side or the elbow. If the stick caught the Latvian player in the face, I'd say it was Ruutu's momentum coupled with the other guy's body position that made the hit look very dirty. It's a risky hit by Ruutu, but also a bad position for the Latvian player to put himself into.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
gardebut30 said:
Slow motion is a great tool. Use it. On the last replay of the hit in this clip, Ruutu's right glove hand is just below the player's chin. And he hit him more with the front of his body than the side or the elbow. If the stick caught the Latvian player in the face, I'd say it was Ruutu's momentum coupled with the other guy's body position that made the hit look very dirty. It's a risky hit by Ruutu, but also a bad position for the Latvian player to put himself into.

A glove doesnt cut a player open.

You want to see a clean big hit

http://svt.se/svt/road/Classic/shared/mediacenter/index.jsp?d=49092&a=559115

Arms kept low, doesn't bring the stick up, and doesn't jump 2 feet in the air.

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
FLYLine88 said:
A glove doesnt cut a player open.You want to see a clean big hit http://svt.se/svt/road/Classic/shared/mediacenter/index.jsp?d=49092&a=559115Arms kept low, doesn't bring the stick up, and doesn't jump 2 feet in the air.

Maybe you should look at the pics too.
And just for a second, forget the name
on the jersey.

There are some slomo pics on this page
posted by yourself. Please explain me at
what stage the feet are in the air.

Have a Lofbergs Lila and chill :)

Last edited:

Talentless Practise*

FLYLine88 said:

Neither does a hit if you take it properly. But i guess they don't teach it in Latvia. Or Sweden.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
FLYLine88 said:

You want to see a clean big hit

http://svt.se/svt/road/Classic/shared/mediacenter/index.jsp?d=49092&a=559115

Arms kept low, doesn't bring the stick up, and doesn't jump 2 feet in the air.

Jesus christ, have you ever played hockey?? Those gloves can EASILY cut open your face.

Just like you whined about the hit against Jagr, you're doing the same thing here. You lost back then and you really have no case here either.

Forearm/glove to the face thanks to the Latvian player who had just went low.

You have the slow-mo and pictures here, use them yourself.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Caz said:
Maybe you should look at the pics too.
And just for a second, forget the name
on the jersey.

There are some slomo pics on this page
posted by yourself. Please explain me at
what stage the feet are in the air.

Have a Lofbergs Lila and chill :)

Here ya go

[image]http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/5646/060507ruutubrothers00300011cy.jpg[/image]

Hes well on his way up in the air before landing the hit.

Talentless Practise*

MrAlfie said:
the whole Ruutu family is a disgrace

:biglaugh:

Swedes play a pansy style of hockey so this whining comes as no surprise.

Gardebut30

Jun 8, 2004

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Pepper said:
Jesus christ, have you ever played hockey?? Those gloves can EASILY cut open your face.

Just like you whined about the hit against Jagr, you're doing the same thing here. You lost back then and you really have no case here either.

Forearm/glove to the face thanks to the Latvian player who had just went low.

You have the slow-mo and pictures here, use them yourself.

A glove doen't easily cut your face open :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

And thanks for proving the hit was illegal...since when can you get you hands up into your opponents face when hitting him? Good job contradicting yourself. :rolleyes:

Talk about never playing hockey, basic rules bud, learn them.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
FLYLine88 said:
Here ya go

[image]http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/5646/060507ruutubrothers00300011cy.jpg[/image]

Hes well on his way up in the air before landing the hit.

Again, total BS! His skates went airborne AFTER the contact, before it he had atleast one skate on the ice.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Pepper said:
Again, total BS! His skates went airborne AFTER the contact, before it he had atleast one skate on the ice.

Um, he didnt even hit him yet in that picture. Just give it up.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
FLYLine88 said:
A glove doen't easily cut your face open :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Like I told you earlier, go play some hockey with NHL equipment. Come back when you have done so. You have absolutely ZERO idea what you're talking about.

FLYLine88 said:
And thanks for proving the hit was illegil...since when can you get you hands up into your opponents face when hitting him? Good job contradicting yourself. :rolleyes:

Jesus christ you're so lost here it's not even funny. LOOK WHERE RUUTU'S HANDS ARE! I'll tell you, they are just above the waist-line.

Hey it's ok not to like Ruutus but come on, don't humiliate yourself like that.

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
FLYLine88 said:
Um, he didnt even hit him yet in that picture. Just give it up, your making a fool outta yourself.

Have a look at the second pic in your
own series. There still a skate on the
ice, right? That was after your last pic.

Hmm? What does that tell you?

You can also look at the same pic and
see where the hands and elbows are.

Now, what parts of the two bodies touch?
Elementary, dear Watson.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
FLYLine88 said:
Um, he didnt even hit him yet in that picture. Just give it up.

No, you give up your futile attempt to make Ruutu look like a criminal. You have zero case here.

ps. that pic is nanoseconds before the contact. You figure out the rest.

MrAlfie

by the way...

wouldnt it be totally stupid to check like this unless you werent out to check with your stick?

i mean just check his position, ruutu had all the time to set himself in a position he wont get hurt when checking the player, if redlih´s head was a little higher he wouldve destroyed tuomo ruutus chin with his helmet because hed have been in a very vulnerable position, and im sure he was aware of that.
he went headhunting.. just like his fellow lowlife brother jarkko ******* ruutu.

checks are awesome, having no respect for the game of hockey is a disgrace.

campbell,richards > ruutu jerks

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
FLYLine88 said:
Is almost everyone here blind? He brought his stick up into the players face, which is why he was left bloodied on the ice. Great call by the ref.

And he didnt get a 5+ game suspension, he got 5 minutes and a game misconduct.

Yeah, what to expect from finns. A cross check to the face and 10 of 'em sing up to praise him. I think fans of 30 teams in the NHL and 15 nations in the WCH would call that hit what it was. A small d-i-c-k hit by a chicken player against a B-nation in hockey. :shakehead

Naa, he is soo tough, he leveled a latvian. Wooow. Hyvää soumi! Hyvää Ruutu brothers! :clap:

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Pepper said:
Like I told you earlier, go play some hockey with NHL equipment. Come back when you have done so. You have absolutely ZERO idea what you're talking about.

Jesus christ you're so lost here it's not even funny. LOOK WHERE RUUTU'S HANDS ARE! I'll tell you, they are just above the waist-line.

Hey it's ok not to like Ruutus but come on, don't humiliate yourself like that.

Yea AND LOOK WHERE RUUTU IS, 5 FEET IN THE AIR! Give it up bud, your clueless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad