Status
Not open for further replies.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
SWEET! :yo:

Ruutu Brothers Rocks!

5+game is a joke and that was given by a canadian ref...

Next time that latvian will remember to keep his head up.

Last edited:

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
You are blind. Redlihs didn't see him. he managed only to turn his head. He deserved every min of that penalty. I hope he got a good lesson. That was Ruutu's intention to hit him.

Matti_A

Sep 21, 2005
I just felt bad for the poor Latvian guy who got caught under the train.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Like Wall said:
You are blind. Redlihs didn't see him. he managed only to turn his head. He deserved every min of that penalty. I hope he got a good lesson. That was Ruutu's intention to hit him.

Is it T.Ruutu's problem that Redlihs is blind? He ducked at the wrong time and got Redlips. Sorry, that's hockey, you have to be awake all the time and especially when there is a player on the ice with surname Ruutu on his back.

Last edited:

Sakaarnis

Dec 19, 2004
Bay of smokes
I think the 5+game was not so much becouse of the hit itself, but rather injury latvian player got. There was scar and obviously blood after it, so its not that shocking to see such a harsh penalty.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Oh, I can't WAIT until next year :D

Beee-a-utiful

In the Doghouse

Jan 22, 2003
Finland
Visit site
Like Wall said:
That was Ruutu's intention to hit him.

Of course it was Ruutu's intention to hit him! But it obviously wasn't Ruutu's intention to hurt him. Too bad Redhlihs ducked and that's why he got hit to his head. That's hockey, all the players should know that if you don't keep your head up, you might get ran over. If you have decided to give a hit, you cannot back it down anymore if your opponent decides to duck, the situation comes just too fast to react anymore.

ThinMcWhistle

Mar 26, 2005
Northern hemisphere
Are you kidding me, 5+ games???

I guess that means Tuomo is basically done for this tournament.

Anybody got a clip of this hit? Was it as bad as Jarkko's hit on Jagr?

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
Sakaarnis said:
I think the 5+game was not so much becouse of the hit itself, but rather injury latvian player got.

This is exactly what we are protesting about.
Unless you're prepared, don't step in the box.

In the Doghouse

Jan 22, 2003
Finland
Visit site
finska said:

Just look at the first post.

EDIT: Caz, you were faster... And yes, I think it was clean hit as was Jarkko's hit on Jagr.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
finska said:

He means 5 minutes plus a game misconduct

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Sakaarnis said:
I think the 5+game was not so much becouse of the hit itself, but rather injury latvian player got. There was scar and obviously blood after it, so its not that shocking to see such a harsh penalty.

Yeah they punished Ruutu for the result, not the action itself. Hit was clean, but the guy just ducked and was so low that he got hit in the head. Ruutu noticed this and managed to avoid hitting him at full force, but it still looked bad. Great hit though, and very bad ref decision. I'm glad that the guy did not get injured, he lost his balance and was watching the puck, maybe that will teach him to keep his head up.

ThinMcWhistle

Mar 26, 2005
Northern hemisphere
Teemu said:
He means 5 minutes plus a game misconduct

Jeez, I just realized that myself. Thanks, I'm okay now.
Tuomo's a machine... But should he be playing this way when he just got off a serious injury? Methinks he should take it a bit easier and focus on scoring some goals and setting up plays instead of smashing players through the boards.

TK79

Jul 5, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Like Wall said:

First rule of hockey is to keep your head up. Ruutu had his hands down, this guy turtled and paid the price. 5+20 was a joke.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
franchise player said:
Didn't Ruutu hitted the guy with his stick? Watch again carefully.

Ruutu kept his stick and hands to his hip level, so if the stick hit the guy, that guy should really blame himself for it, not Ruutu. What was he supposed to do? Drop his stick when the guy was so low?

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Is almost everyone here blind? He brought his stick up into the players face, which is why he was left bloodied on the ice. Great call by the ref.

And he didnt get a 5+ game suspension, he got 5 minutes and a game misconduct.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
No way, clean hit, he came up do to the momentum of the hit, he technically hit with the elbow, but the elbow was pinned up against the body, and the guy was playing the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->