Signing(s): Tulo with the Yankees

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
One of the good guys had to go do the bad thing.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
His idol growing up was Jeter. That's why he's worn 2 in his career. Although he won't get to wear 2 in pinstripes, he'll get to play the same position for the same team that his idol did. Dreams do come true.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Figured Tulo would be able to step up this year for someone, didn't really expect it to be the Yankees but I'm happy it is. Good replacement while Didi is on the DL, and if he can be half of what he was in that meantime I'm all for it. The Blue Jays paying him to do it just adds extra laughs. No risk, some reward type move.

Especially if the dominos start to fall - Machado at 3rd. Andujar dealt off as major piece for someone like Trevor Bauer (I know everyone likes to link Kluber, but come on, Bauer in Yankee media territory is entertainment to the max).

League minimum salary, there's absolutely nothing to lose.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
The best part is that he's magically healthy now that he's on a new team - at least I assume he's ready to go.

Sits out an entire season in Toronto, starts crying about playing time for next season and how he'd better be the starter or else he's staying home. :help::laugh:

Didn't take long for the Jays' brass to tire of such rhetoric and cut him loose. Can't say I blame 'em. I bet Yankees fans will get tired of him over time as well.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
There’ll be nothing to tire of, if he doesn’t contribute he will be cut during spring training, no harm done. If he holds the fort until Didi is back even better.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I'll be surprised if they get anything out of him. He looked cooked like 2 years ago.

Him going to the Yankees doesn't magically erase the fact he's made of glass from the waist down. That being said it's a low risk/maybe high reward situation so i get why they would take a flier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->