Tukonen's style

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRGoalieGlut*

I hope I don't steal ur thunder, but since they played on the same line, I figured the people replying to this thread would know, can I get something on Korpikoski? Or can I at least be told if he's more of an offensive or defensive player or at least which one is he more of. I just heard both, so I don't know. Hope it's ok that I'm latching on w/ my question, kngbryn.

TK79

Jul 5, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Saw Tukonen about 10 times last season. The first thing that impressed me was his skating, he has great wheels and is constantly in motion. He has good instincts in the offensive zone and a hard, accurate shot.A thing I also like about him is that he works very hard to get himself in to scoring position. A great combination of finesse and toughness. Seems to have a great feel for the game.Won't score 50 goals in the NHL, but 30-40 could be pretty close. A problem he had in the SM-Liiga last season was that he got bumped off the puck a little too easily, but he's still only 17, so he has plenty of time to fill out.

NYRGoalieGlut*

TK79 said:
Saw Tukonen about 10 times last season. The first thing that impressed me was his skating, he has great wheels and is constantly in motion. He has good instincts in the offensive zone and a hard, accurate shot.A thing I also like about him is that he works very hard to get himself in to scoring position. A great combination of finesse and toughness. Seems to have a great feel for the game.Won't score 50 goals in the NHL, but 30-40 could be pretty close. A problem he had in the SM-Liiga last season was that he got bumped off the puck a little too easily, but he's still only 17, so he has plenty of time to fill out.

Did u see him when he was Korpikoski? Can I get some info on that too? It's funny the stuff u wrote about Tukonen is the same stuff I was hearing about Korpikoski (w/o the 30-40 goal potential).

NYRGoalieGlut*

Flonaldo

NYRGoalieGlut said:
Did u see him when he was Korpikoski? Can I get some info on that too? It's funny the stuff u wrote about Tukonen is the same stuff I was hearing about Korpikoski (w/o the 30-40 goal potential).
Playing with Korpikoski? Besides the U18 WC's in Belarus they've played on the same line for exactly one game (5 Nations tourney in Pori in February, Game I). I don't think many even here in Finland have seen Korpikoski that much because he's only played in juniors so far.

NYRGoalieGlut*

Flonaldo said:
Playing with Korpikoski? Besides the U18 WC's in Belarus they've played on the same line for exactly one game (5 Nations tourney in Pori in February, Game I). I don't think many even here in Finland have seen Korpikoski that much because he's only played in juniors so far.

Oh sorry, I read that he starting playing well when they started playing on the same line, so figured they played a lot. Oh and I didn't think of the juniors thing, though I wouldn't know if u guys get that or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad