Tukonen

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT8888

Aug 21, 2002
Visit site
I did get a chance to see him play at the WJC's at all (unfortunately).
I was wonder for those of you that saw him play, is he as good as people thought he was during his draft. I mean it was sayed he should have be taken 3rd overall but i havent heard anything about his performance in the WJC's.

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
This wasnt really his year to begin with, this was obviously one of the tougher years ever, especially for one of the youngest players of last years draft class playing in the tournament... He did have a few flashes of brilliance but I only got to see him play 3 times and it seems like hes quite a good skater, alot quicker than I though... I pictured a bit more bulky of a clunker kinda guy who is good in the corners but on one play against canada he showed great quickness when he recieved a breakaway feed in almost full stride basically skating backwards towards Canadas net, he turned going full speed and the defenceman didnt have a hope of catching him, it was really smooth. He then hit the crossbar, it was pretty much the very start of the game, it was exhibition mind you. Other than that he seemed relatively poised and went to the net regularlly. Next year is where you'll get to see what he can really do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad