Tukka Rask

Status
Not open for further replies.

fedorov_jr

May 8, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Jon Prescription said:
Why in the world would you take Dubnyk and Rask over Montoya? And Schwarz also?

Jeeze, dude has one mediocre season and he's toast. Kid has a ton of potential and is very, very skilled. I'm not a huge fan of his even if he's my teams pick, but I'd still take him over the afformentioned goalies. The only goalie on that list I'd take over him is Price.

hehe... thats the same way people are talking about schwarz.... he had a mediocre season while trying to adjust to the NA game.... and i'm a bigger fan of his potential than montoya's... same has to go for rask

dubnyk/montoya are close on my list, but i like what the big kid did for a bad kamloops team in the WHL, which is why he jumped montoya, atleast for me..... that could all change again after another year of seasoning for all the above listed

Vic Rattlehead*

Finland has excellent goaltending for the future:

Lehtonen
Toivonen
Rask

The top two have franchise potential, and Rask has the potential to be a top 15 goalies.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
19bruins19 said:
Finland has excellent goaltending for the future:

Lehtonen
Toivonen
Rask

The top two have franchise potential, and Rask has the potential to be a top 15 goalies.

Don't forget Niittymäki. I'd put him above Toivonen.

He's a bit older though...

Vic Rattlehead*

NightScout said:

Really? The general consensus is that the top three goalie prospects are Lehtonen, Fleury, and Toivonen. :teach:

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
NightScout said:

Niittymäki is a fine goaltender, but didn't hone his skills as early as Toivonen, who is not yet at the same level as Niittymäki, but is getting there quickly at a younger age. Right now Niittymäki is marginally better, and Toivonen has a much higher upside.

codswallop

yes, i am an alcoholic
Aug 20, 2002
GA
fedorov_jr said:
any pavelec talk? i mentioned him in another thread and no one seems to know much about him.... he's czech, he's got great reflexes, he doesnt compare to schwarz, but is unorthodox like schwarz.... and the word is he'll be with cape breton this season (apparently he's already playing pre-season games there)

can anyone chime in on his potential, or gimme better opinions on this years goalies versus last years..... (dubnyk, montoya, schwarz, schneider being the main ones with price, rask, pavelec, plante and frazee from this years crop)

while not knowing much, and reading into the hype, i'd line em up like so:

schwarz
price
dubnyk
rask
montoya
pavelec
plante
schneider
frazee

thoughts?

Probably be best to poll some of our Czech brethren here at HF, and of course some of the writers here who have quite impressive contacts and info about many of the prospects. And as always, the various reports from scouting services (if you can get them) would be a big help in getting an idea of what type of goalie that Pavelec is.

As a Thrashers fan, I'm very curious myself. Other than maybe one scouting report and the take of the TSN crew, I know little about him (and truth to be told, that's not nearly enough solid info in trying to assess his worth). Quite interested in hearing about his abilities and what he may or may not be in the future.

Rand

Oct 17, 2002
askme
fedorov_jr said:
any pavelec talk? i mentioned him in another thread and no one seems to know much about him.... he's czech, he's got great reflexes, he doesnt compare to schwarz, but is unorthodox like schwarz.... and the word is he'll be with cape breton this season (apparently he's already playing pre-season games there)

can anyone chime in on his potential, or gimme better opinions on this years goalies versus last years..... (dubnyk, montoya, schwarz, schneider being the main ones with price, rask, pavelec, plante and frazee from this years crop)

while not knowing much, and reading into the hype, i'd line em up like so:

schwarz
price
dubnyk
rask
montoya
pavelec
plante
schneider
frazee

thoughts?
I love Schwarz upside, I also think he's one of the least likely to actually pan out though. Incredibly quick, and amazing flexibility... he can make some absolutely incredible stops seem routine, but he's also got very questionable fundamentals and hasn't seemed to learn to tone down his overaggressive play in goal and hasn't adapted well to North America.
He should learn that he can play deeper in his net because of his great reflexes.

Sometimes I swear he's a younger, less mature clone of Curtis Jospeh.

For pure upside, I'd take him over anyone on the list... for likely ability I'd slot him down around 4th/5th on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->