Tukka Rask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Maple Leafs selection in 2005.

I just want to know from people who've seen him in WJC...how was he? did he look sharp? whats his potential?

but yeah...most of all...how did he look at WJC?

Did you guys think he was the top goaltender or Price or Pavlech.

and who do you think is better?

Price vs. Rask
Rask vs. Pavlech
Pavlech vs. Price

X-SHARKIE

7. G Tukka Rask FIN 6-1 170
Scouting Report: Don't hold your breath if he doesn't go top 10, because i'm higher on him then most My favorite goalie of the draft,
although this opinion isn't shared by many. Excellent
raw understanding of the position. Great angles and
exceptional anticipation and awareness at all times.
Great form and rebound controll. Elite athleticism
and long lanky limbs. Great flexibility. Excellent
glove and blocker, and plays the puck outside of his
net like a mature vet. Excellent lateral movements.
You name it he has it IMO, but he's raw and hasn't
been as consistant nor dominat vs players older then
him like Lehtonen and Fleury were. Still upside is in
same catagory. Excellent poise and patience.

He was good at the WJC's from what I saw, and from a scout at Mckeens that i've talked too he was impressive at the U-18's...just so happens though at both events they were on piss poor on defense and he was hung out to dry on occasion, so his numbers weren't the most impressive, but his play was.

I have a game on tape of the Fins vs the Czech republic at the WJC's,and he made some amazing stops, one he was on his knees and some how made a lateral move and extended his right pad and blocker out to make a save and deflect the puck over the net.

His athleticism is unmatched, and his positional sense makes me believe he'll be the best goalie out of the 05 crop.

In my keeper league I drafted Rask 11th overall, and Price didn't go untill 15th.

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
I think that Price and Rask will have equivalent careers.

Very nice pick-up for the Leafs. They have something as good as the habs but we drafted our guy 15 selections before them. :dunno:

Ape Clutch

Jul 19, 2004
Price is the next Patrick Roy

take it to the bank

Rask will be a number 1 goalie...for sure a top 15 goalie in the NHL

Diaboli

Sep 16, 2004
City once voted as F
Kanye West said:
Price is the next Patrick Roy
take it to the bank

:biglaugh:

Kanye West said:
Rask will be a number 1 goalie...for sure a top 15 goalie in the NHL

Rask most likely will become a number one goalie. But he sure as hell isn't a sure fire to become a tio 15 keeper in the NHL. The guy has all the tools to be top 10, yes. But top 15 for sure? Not even close. There are too many question marks surrounding Tuukka at the moment to make him a viable option for such an honor.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Thanks for your input guys. Appreciate it...

What about Pavlech though? i heard some people say he was better than Rask? :dunno:

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Both Muckler and Ferguson said they wanted to draft Price ahead of Rask. Ottawa wanted to get him at #9 and were disapointed to see the Habs pick him before them.

I think that says it all right there.

Diaboli

Sep 16, 2004
City once voted as F
Fozz said:
Both Muckler and Ferguson said they wanted to draft Price ahead of Rask. Ottawa wanted to get him at #9 and were disapointed to see the Habs pick him before them.

I think that says it all right there.

What exactly does that say :dunno:

Ape Clutch

Jul 19, 2004
Legionnaire said:
Stick to making crappy music. You should stay away from making hockey predictions foreva-eva, foreva-eva

Ha ha i do make music..., nothing like Kanye West though...i don't have a friggin 200,000$ studio...to make rap tracks which are mostly pre-recorded computer samples...but oh well....it is funny...however I will make hockey predictions as I've been watching hockey longer then I've been making music.

If you have something to say in this thread..wether sarcastic or humourus or useful say it...however please refrain from attacking other posters.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
He has totally owned some tournaments, while pretty much letting everyone down in others. But, even in his worst moments he's still above average so I guess he's somewhat safe.

Comparing to other finnish goalies:

I don't think he will ever become better than Lehtonen or Niittymäki, but I trust he will be better than Noronen and Markkanen.

Helmethead

Jun 2, 2002
Port Cockerton
Visit site
Garbs said:
Uh huh. And when did Ferguson say this?
i believe he said it right after he picked rask at the draft in his interview. :teach: somthing along those lines anyways.belive it or not i think price will be an awsome goalie much better than rask. i have seen them both play. rask live, price on tv.and i'm sure nhl scouts know what they are doing. price would have went top 10 if the habs didn't take him.i'm pretty sure he will be the starter for canada at the wjc's.price is very good under pressure but when the game gets boring he makes patrick roy blunders maybe thats why some people compare him to roy.no way is he gonna be as good. but could be as good as guys live toivanen,miller and fleury give this kid a year or 2 and you will see his talent.habs got a gem.

Garbs

Jul 2, 2005
London, Ontario
Why are you lying? I watched the draft, I've read all the articles, and he's never said anything like that. Does it honestly make sense to you that a GM say, "Well actually, I wanted the other guy," seconds after they've drafted someone? Do you think anyone is going to believe that happened?

Rask is more skilled than Price. He has more than enough potential to be better. And I believe he will be.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
ernesto said:
i believe he said it right after he picked rask at the draft in his interview. :teach: somthing along those lines anyways. . .
I think you're making the mistake (which I've made myself sometimes) of confusing what the reporter said with what Fergy said. As I recall the reporter asked him about moving up and Fergy gave one of his standard non-answers which sounds like an answer unless you really pay attention, or unless you're used to Fergy's ways.

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
timlap said:
I think you're making the mistake (which I've made myself sometimes) of confusing what the reporter said with what Fergy said. As I recall the reporter asked him about moving up and Fergy gave one of his standard non-answers which sounds like an answer unless you really pay attention, or unless you're used to Fergy's ways.

No, he really said it. I recall this pretty well; Ferguson said he would have prefered Price.

Helmethead

Jun 2, 2002
Port Cockerton
Visit site
Garbs said:
Why are you lying? I watched the draft, I've read all the articles, and he's never said anything like that. Does it honestly make sense to you that a GM say, "Well actually, I wanted the other guy," seconds after they've drafted someone? Do you think anyone is going to believe that happened?

Rask is more skilled than Price. He has more than enough potential to be better. And I believe he will be.

like i said, somthing along those lines.it appears he didn't trade up for rask but wanted to for price.hence he would rather price just like 29 other gm's would. you shoud be an nhl scout man you know more than the pro's already!

Diaboli

Sep 16, 2004
City once voted as F
ernesto said:
like i said, somthing along those lines.it appears he didn't trade up for rask but wanted to for price.hence he would rather price just like 29 other gm's would. you shoud be an nhl scout man you know more than the pro's already!

Now this becomes even more intriguing :eek:

So, please enlighten us with the sources, where all 30 GM's state that they had Price above Rask in their list. I find that hard to believe since many of the scouting agencies had Rask ahead of Price, but then again, I believe you if you just list the sources :dunno:

Verbal Kint*

This thread turning out real purty.

Personal opinion, Rask has more potential than Price, but Price would be the safer bet.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Master of Puppets said:
This thread turning out real purty.

Personal opinion, Rask has more potential than Price, but Price would be the safer bet.

I think this sums it up pretty well.

fedorov_jr

May 8, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
any pavelec talk? i mentioned him in another thread and no one seems to know much about him.... he's czech, he's got great reflexes, he doesnt compare to schwarz, but is unorthodox like schwarz.... and the word is he'll be with cape breton this season (apparently he's already playing pre-season games there)

can anyone chime in on his potential, or gimme better opinions on this years goalies versus last years..... (dubnyk, montoya, schwarz, schneider being the main ones with price, rask, pavelec, plante and frazee from this years crop)

while not knowing much, and reading into the hype, i'd line em up like so:

schwarz
price
dubnyk
rask
montoya
pavelec
plante
schneider
frazee

thoughts?

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Why in the world would you take Dubnyk and Rask over Montoya? And Schwarz also?

Jeeze, dude has one mediocre season and he's toast. Kid has a ton of potential and is very, very skilled. I'm not a huge fan of his even if he's my teams pick, but I'd still take him over the afformentioned goalies. The only goalie on that list I'd take over him is Price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->