Pre-Game Talk: Tuesday's game against Ottawa, a must win ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott99

May 13, 2005
With Montreal and Pittsburgh coming in after Ottawa, I think the Ottawa game is a MUSt win. I can't see the Isles beating Montreal and Pittsburgh the way those teams are currently playing. We'd need everyone to step up big time, and Tavares to go on a tear. A win against Ottawa tomorrow night would make me feel good, because I'm expecting back to back losses to Montreal and Pittsburgh.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
At this point of the season, have to feel that almost every game is a must win, but yes, would love to get wins vs ottawa and florida with a split against montreal/pitt to get 6 out of 8 points on this homestand. A loss tomorrow, with Montreal and Pitt to follow would not bode well, although we have beaten both this year.

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
With Montreal and Pittsburgh coming in after Ottawa, I think the Ottawa game is a MUSt win. I can't see the Isles beating Montreal and Pittsburgh the way those teams are currently playing. We'd need everyone to step up big time, and Tavares to go on a tear. A win against Ottawa tomorrow night would make me feel good, because I'm expecting back to back losses to Montreal and Pittsburgh.

I think the game tomorrow is a must win. Ottawa is not much better than us at the moment. And we're not allowed to lose against teams like that. I don't agree with you about the Montreal thing. I think we can beat them. Last time we played them, they hadn't lost in regulation in 7-9 games. We won, and ended that streak.

burana800

Dec 5, 2010
Finland
I'd like to go 1-1-1 the next three games. Senators game is not a must win but would make it much easier. Am I the only one thinking IF we win both Ottawa and Montreal we can afford to loose to Pens. :sarcasm:

Space Herpe

Arch Duke of Raleigh
Aug 29, 2008
Every game always is a must win. A game on Nov 12th is as much as a "must win" as a game at the end of March.

I hate to quote Milbury, but when he was introduced as the Isles coach, at the press conference, he was asked, "How many games do you think you're gonna win next year?" His reply, "All of them." Then he commented about how what type of coach he'd be if he believed his team didn't have a chance against the opposition....

The only reason a game is called a "must win" is because the team lost too many other games earlier in the season and "must win" to right the ship.

TheIslesFan

Apr 2, 2008
NY
I'll bet we lose to the Sens and beat the Pens and Habs. That's just how unpredictable our team is

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Talk about out of place cliches...

Seriously? They are all must wins and none of them are must wins.... No team can look at it that way, it's just delusional speak for the fans. If you lose it doesn't mean you are done you have to move on to the next game and try to get a "W".

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
Every game right now is a must win. Next 6 games are all winnable games, some more then others. Need to go 2-1 or at the least 1-1-1 in the next 3.

Incarnadine Sea

Mar 4, 2011
Long Island
All three games are going to be tough, and we will see what the Isles are made of.

1. Ottawa - They are a TEAM. Missing their 3 top players and they have really stepped up there game. Isles will have to play a complete 60 minute game and not like they did against the Panthers.

2. Montreal - Isles are 2-0-0 against Montreal and they will be looking for revenge. Isles will have to play a physical and strong game and we'll see if they can withstand them.

3. Pitt - Isles have lost 2 in a row against them. Let's see if the Isles can adjust their game and figure out how to beat them.

All games are winnable. But all games are losable. At this point in the season it is not a "must win".

OT - Does anyone know when Grabner is supposed to return?

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I'd like to go 1-1-1 the next three games. Senators game is not a must win but would make it much easier. Am I the only one thinking IF we win both Ottawa and Montreal we can afford to loose to Pens. :sarcasm:

Realistically, if we win tomorrow we are due for a loss or two. And we will be playing two of the best teams in the conference back to back. Trying to keep it realistic. That's why we need to win Tuesday.

We have the Habs numbers, and maybe Poulin (doubt Nabby does back to back again) can pull something out of his hat against the Pens.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Im going, lets hope the boys shpw up as well...

IMO we have to win 11-12 of our remaining games to give us a chance to make the playoffs.
we probaablly couls to it with 10 wins and some OT loser points

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
wow so after tonights games, 6th 7th and 8th all have 32 points and have played 29 games(winnipeg, toronto and nj).. the rags have 31 pts in 28 games and we have 29 pts in 28 games... very tight, each game big.. toronto and NJ reeling but brodeur coming back

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Seemed to be the best place to put this, but based on some Islander fan comments on this site, I imagine you guys would really like the GDT on the Sens board :laugh:

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
haha that is a funny OTT GDT....

i am making the reverse commute after work from manhattan for this tomorrow.....scored 7 dollar seats off of stub hub.....i don't know whether i am happy or sad about that fact haha:help:

big game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad