Tuesday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
hossa-the-future said:
i think he means like bro

Yeah, it's another one of those words kids use these days online, "leetspeak" in other words. You don't much see it outside the 16 year old demographic.

:D

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Phil Parent said:
You know, this board is gonna crash worse than it did in February when a deal is announced by the mass media.

Has the board been reinforced?

We should start putting money down on how many different "LOCKOUT OVER" threads there will be.

I say, within the first 10 minutes of media knowledge that the lockout is over, probably 7 different threads all started within 10 minutes time.

During ratification everyone will be arguing how each others team is gonna suck this comming season. Then the B/O, trade rumors will boom..

Last edited:

The Joker*

So within 10 minutes, 7 threads will be made within 1 minute? So... 7 in 10 minutes or 7 in 1 minute?

SedinFan*

Wondering if a MOD can actually answer this, has the boards server been upgraded to handle more users?

The one good thing about the lockout is that HF hasn't crashed much.

ColoradoHockeyFan

Feb 17, 2005
Denver area
TheCoach said:
I'm currently listening to Fox Sports Radio, and I swear that I just heard Howard Bloom (The sports business guy) say that the NHL and NHLPA will announce a deal in principle on Tuesday. The music was loud so I did not hear the rest, but the host of the show then played Kate Adams singing the national anthem because it reminded him of the Flyers winning the cup such a long time ago.
FWIW, I heard a very similar thing on Fox Sports Radio on Friday night, I believe. It wasn't during an interview, though... I had just flipped on the radio, and they were coming out of break, and they had created some kind of promo where they were essentially mocking ESPN for not being all over the story that they (FSR) claimed to have broken--that a deal would be announced on Tuesday. Then the late-night host said a few words about it, and that was it. Afterward, I checked this board to see if any news had broken about a Tuesday announcment, but I didn't see any, so I pretty much dismissed what I'd heard on the radio. Interesting to see that someone else heard this now too on the same network a day or so later.

Hockeycrazy3033

Feb 15, 2005
Hockeytown, Michigan
well if two people heard it then something is definitely up. I hope it's Tuesday..I've got nothing to do..hell even if I did, I'd drop it all for hockey. but if they did announce a deal is done in principle..when would the PC be?

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
HoCkeYfAnAtiC30 said:
well if two people heard it then something is definitely up. I hope it's Tuesday..I've got nothing to do..hell even if I did, I'd drop it all for hockey. but if they did announce a deal is done in principle..when would the PC be?

I would say Thursday or Friday?

hockeynut11

Jun 16, 2005
I knew it was going to be this week! I just hope it's true. Even if it's not Tuesday it will be done this week some time.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Sounds like Tuesday to me:

There's every expectation that the end is near in the war of 2004. It's gone from months to weeks to days and now there's the belief it's down to hours.

This morning, probably for the last time, negotiators and lawyers will catch their final flight from here to New York before the deal is done, subject to ratification.

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/WinnipegSun/Sports/2005/07/04/1116250-sun.html

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
TheCoach said:
I'm currently listening to Fox Sports Radio, and I swear that I just heard Howard Bloom (The sports business guy) say that the NHL and NHLPA will announce a deal in principle on Tuesday. The music was loud so I did not hear the rest, but the host of the show then played Kate Adams singing the national anthem because it reminded him of the Flyers winning the cup such a long time ago.

Kate Smith.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Crazy_Ike said:
Yeah, it's another one of those words kids use these days online, "leetspeak" in other words. You don't much see it outside the 16 year old demographic.

:D
or everyone in Hawaii, Samoa, and the rest of the South Pacific

RedSoxNation

Jan 31, 2005
I don't know Howard Bloom, but I do know of his website. He did publish this story on Friday (sorry the link doesn't appear to work but I know someone who subsribes to his service and that person sent me a copy of Bloom's report). His report suggests Tuesday or in the next few days.

The Return of the NHL -- All but assured

For SportsBusinessNews.com this is Howard Bloom. Source citied in this Insider Report: Michigan Live, MSG.com (Stan Fischler)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
RedSoxNation said:
I don't know Howard Bloom, but I do know of his website. He did publish this story on Friday (sorry the link doesn't appear to work but I know someone who subsribes to his service and that person sent me a copy of Bloom's report). His report suggests Tuesday or in the next few days.

The Return of the NHL -- All but assured

In the Frozen North today is Canada Day – Canada’s 138th birthday. In the country where the National Hockey League still matters (as it does in several key American markets) Tuesday July 5, 2005 (or in the days shortly after Tuesday) is likely going to be a real holiday in Canada. It’s expected the National Hockey League and the National Hockey League Players Association will announce that they reached an agreement in principal.

Following Tuesday’s announcement (or whatever day it falls on shortly after that day), the NHL Board of Governors is expected to endorse the agreement. ................

Yet another Tuesday reference . . . it is seeming more and more likely that sometime tomorrow we can finally put this behind us . . . and have some pretty exciting weeks ahead. This calls for the big guns.

:banana:

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
TheCoach said:
I think her name was Kate Smith wasn't it? And perhaps he was giving
a subtle message-It ain't over til the fat lady sings. :D

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Ah, you so negative minded. Kate Smith WAS singing. So the fat lady WAS singing. So it's over.

See it that way and feel better, Fan From Potato Island :D

Hockeycrazy3033

Feb 15, 2005
Hockeytown, Michigan
Scugs said:
I would say Thursday or Friday?

that'd be great, lots of people seem to think that it'll be the following week after they announce a deal in principle. which makes no sense to me..cuz if everyone knows a deal is done..then might as well have a pc a day or two after..instead of holding it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->