GDT: Tuesday vs. Tampa: Oct. 21 at 7pm MT. George Canyon!

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
How did Tampa beat us without Hedman AND Stamkos? :sarcasm:

No **** right?

Anyway, you guys are a ton of fun to watch. Every line out there works their ***** off. You guys are rebuilding right, and you've got something going. See you when you come to Tampa.

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
The only thing worse than losing a game I think we should've had was having to refresh the stupid online feed to find out Tampa had scored, for both goals too. Hope the next one's televised, so I can watch the boys take this loss out on Carolina.

Aw, just remembered that I dumped all 500 of my vCash on Calgary tonight too.. it does get worse! Blinded by hubris.. shoulda saved it for Thursday's game lol

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Gaudreau really needed to get some ice time in OT. So much space for activities.

I haven't liked this either, may as well give the most creative player some time to create. Dunno, this team seems hell bent on making a playoff push... Clearly most nights we can't compete, against these middle table teams it takes all our effort to even keep it close.

I love what the teams gives us night in and out... clearly we don't have the talent to keep up in the West. I know we have a nice record and all... but we could easily be 1-5 or 2-4 if not for goalies absolutely stealing the show. I would wager big money that we cannot keep this pace up for the rest of the season... I think we learn this every year when we do our Cali trip :laugh:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I haven't liked this either, may as well give the most creative player some time to create. Dunno, this team seems hell bent on making a playoff push... Clearly most nights we can't compete, against these middle table teams it takes all our effort to even keep it close.

I love what the teams gives us night in and out... clearly we don't have the talent to keep up in the West. I know we have a nice record and all... but we could easily be 1-5 or 2-4 if not for goalies absolutely stealing the show. I would wager big money that we cannot keep this pace up for the rest of the season... I think we learn this every year when we do our Cali trip :laugh:

To be fair, Tampa won't be a mid-table team by the end of the season. This was a fantastic performance by the boys.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
The flames played great. It was frustrating as a TB fan. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
As of now though, I don't think we'll finish bottom 3. We should start seeing callups sooner than later, and that's going to push everyone in playing for their jobs. Pair that with getting good goaltending and I think this team is going to over achieve again due to work ethic and and goaltending.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Well that was disappointing.

Highlight aside from Johnny's assist and Ramo's save was after Russell blocked a shot and dropped his stick, Ramo picked up the stick and threw it in the back of the goal. Had my section laughing pretty good.

Should have lost to the Hawks, probably should have won this one. Oh well.

Sidebar, getting really tired of Glencross trying to stick handle all the time when he should just straight shoot or pass it.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Well that was disappointing.

Highlight aside from Johnny's assist and Ramo's save was after Russell blocked a shot and dropped his stick, Ramo picked up the stick and threw it in the back of the goal. Had my section laughing pretty good.

Should have lost to the Hawks, probably should have won this one. Oh well.

Sidebar, getting really tired of Glencross trying to stick handle all the time when he should just straight shoot or pass it.

With Glencross I wonder what it is exactly. Is it physical? Mental? Is he being lazy and wants out? I'm not sure what it is but he doesn't look like Glenx of years past.

kris

Jan 12, 2003
Calgary via Halifax
Okay game...Tampa looked kinda Meh... and I think they are a legit threat in the East, wouldn't be shocked at all to see them in the SCF. Drouin kind of factored in, I still think he can do more, especially once he settles in a bit.

Mr. Hockey (okay, okay we can't call him that - ever) had a sweet assist and looked pretty good early I thought, that line looked good early, didn't notice him much later.

Berra looked pretty good I thought.

How f#$%ing good is Giordano though? Hard not to really like the guy.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Okay game...Tampa looked kinda Meh... and I think they are a legit threat in the East, wouldn't be shocked at all to see them in the SCF. Drouin kind of factored in, I still think he can do more, especially once he settles in a bit.

Mr. Hockey (okay, okay we can't call him that - ever) had a sweet assist and looked pretty good early I thought, that line looked good early, didn't notice him much later.

Berra looked pretty good I thought.

How f#$%ing good is Giordano though? Hard not to really like the guy.

Were you watching the Colorado game, too?! :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad