Post-Game Talk: Tue., Oct. 29, 2013|Ducks 3 at Flyers 2

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Also hilarious seeing Maroon out there have a pretty good game. Yet another guy abandoned for no reason. Zero patience from the FO

Funny thing for me is that I was a big fan of Maroon when we had him. Always thought he never really had a good chance to show anything here.

Like you said though, he's far from the first player to suffer from that.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
time to add a defender with speed AND puck moving ability.

Speed can cover up other mistakes, and this team is WAY TOO SLOW.

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
No, then we will run into the same problem as last year.... we will be a 1 line team.

If giroux can't carry a line then maybe he should be moved to wing.

It's not as if we are a 3 or even a 2 line team right now. No one is performing. Not to mention our best player hasn't scored in 11 games.

I honestly see no harm in slotting him back with G. Things either remain unchanged, or they continue with the chemistry they established last year

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
time to add a defender with speed AND puck moving ability.

Speed can cover up other mistakes, and this team is WAY TOO SLOW.

Slowness isn't an excuse we can throw around. NJ and Detroit are the two oldest teams in the league and are very slow yet they're both doing better then us. Much better actually. NJ looks like they'll win tonight and a large amount of their games have gone to OT or SO.

Swic21

Jan 8, 2012
Canada
There is absolutely a trade coming. How does the front office not see the lack of a sniper on this team. Only guys on this team that have a half decent shot are Vinny and Read. I can't see anyone else beating the goalie 1 on 1. Even a nice wrister that the goalie sees but can't do a damn thing about to the top shelf. We need a player that can shoot the damn puck.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
It's not as if we are a 3 or even a 2 line team right now. No one is performing. Not to mention our best player hasn't scored in 11 games.

I honestly see no harm in slotting him back with G. Things either remain unchanged, or they continue with the chemistry they established last year

When Voracek is skating like that we are A 2 line team, and with couturier shuting down top lines that line performs. It's G's line that sucks. G has yet to show himself as a dominate top line EV player.

flyersjamminontheone

In Claude we trust
Sep 17, 2007
Brandon, Friendly MB
Wow, I didnt think they looked that terrible against a good Anaheim team. Voracek buries that third goal in the first, it's a different game imo. They are playing better, and coming together under chief.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
At this point I really don't want a trade. Our problems go far beyond lacking a goal scorer. This whole team aside from Mason plays like crap. Acquiring a goal scorer, if a good one is even available, won't change that.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It's time for a trade too. Time for certain people for realise this cosy little club isn't guaranteed. I'd trade Hartnell for anything we can get, that contract terrifies me.

It's not too early to talk about how terrible that contract is. 11 points in 39 games.

I also don't think it's too early to talk about how things more-or-less look the same. Trouble exiting the zone, and failing to get a point (not two points. One.) in a 50/50 game in the third period. This after I heard the typical parrots (talking about some talking heads, not people here) talk about how much faster and better conditioned they are.

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly
Outside of Rosehill, Hartnell is the worst F on the team with Simmonds a close second right now. I only saw the 3rd period and the first time I notice Hartnell, he does a dumb pass to the middle of the ice where 3 Ducks players are. :facepalm::help:

Oh, and Mez passing to the middle of the ice from behind the net right at a Ducks player :facepalm:

Have no idea why Mez and Rosehill played this game. They should have been benched. Timonen should get benched too, he has really lost it from last season...

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Wow, I didnt think they looked that terrible against a good Anaheim team. Voracek buries that third goal in the first, it's a different game imo. They are playing better, and coming together under chief.

That third period was the worst period I've seen this team play in a long time and the second ended very badly.

They have one game out of eleven I think it is now that even remotely suggests they're getting better.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
cheers for Berube...

he just said something ive never heard Lavi say in a pressser , when asked about a returning player..

Berube said he only thought Mez was good in the first period. Lavi would usualy just say " i thought he was good, glad to have him back in the lineup" or some other such bullcrap.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I think there needs to be a trade but I really don't think there will be one. I want them to trade for a legit first line LW so badly.

I'd be surprised if there's a trade to be honest, I think they're going to wait until it's too late or not trade at all.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
At this point I really don't want a trade.

Agreed. This team lacks a lot of talent. It is made up of 2nd and 3rd line forwards and at best 2nd pair defensemen or worst. No one or two players is going to fix this mess. And what would the point be of selling out to make the playoffs when they have zero shot against the elite teams in the league.

edit: unless it is for future assets and even then i don't want Holmgren making the trade. Whiffing on B. Schenn, who barely looks like an NHL player player most nights, has hurt this franchise.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

try this:

G Vinny Jake
ROFL Schenn Simmonds
Harts Couts Read

And BRING BACK MCGINN!!!

Rose-5:42 -1, last game 4:42

Why the hell is he still playing??????????????????

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad