Post-Game Talk: Tue., Oct. 29, 2013|Ducks 3 at Flyers 2

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Harts currently brings zero to this team at 5 mill per for next 6 yrs ???

Vinny looked so good, and shares blame on both goals in 3rd,

Short a fwd in close game cause moron Berube dresses superstar 2.0.

Swiper the Fox

Mar 4, 2011
last intermission must have been a talk about how tolose a period
in order to preserve place for first overall draft pick

my god
how does a team start so well and end so brutal
only in Philly ( and Winnipeg apparently )

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Simmonds at least has a goal and got two points tonight and did well on the boards. Hartnell has zero points and I can't remember him doing anything well this whole season.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
One of the all-time gutless, pathetic, embarrassing third periods. This team has no spirit, no character and no leadership. We thought we'd turned a corner? No chance. We're back to demoralising surrenders and men against boys hockey.

Scott Hartnell is an absolute disgrace. I literally didn't see a single thing from him tonight that I'd call competent. He can't even rely on stellar skating. Bench the bum.

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
I think people are down on giroux because he's been good but not great and we need him to be great. That and 0 goals in 11 games.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Giving them 3 goals as well... they did not have to work for the first two, and the third was another bad decision by Lecav.

The first 35 minutes was pretty great though.

They have continually shown under Berube that they really can play some great hockey, but just have not put many full games together yet.

Hopefully more conditioning and time with Berube helps this.

I imagine playing such an uptempo, skating game compared to before Berube (they have to skate back now as well) got to them in the last part of the game.

That does not account for flubs in the first half of the game though... which keep happening.

Swic21

Jan 8, 2012
Canada
Plain and simple, there is a handful of guys that play is absolutely unacceptable. If Berube wants to be taken seriously, he will sit Rosehill and Hartnell, and play McGinn and Hall. Not to mention I wouldn't mind seeing Kimmo sit a game or two.
Hartnell pointless.
Kimmo pointless.
The money they make this should not be the case. I would seriously consider trading Hartnell. Love the guy but on this team he is redundant. We could get the exact same production from McGinn, and McGinn is a better scrapper as well.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
i said it before this mini-turnaround to playing decent hockey..

this team needs to make some trades..there is simply to much dead weight here..

get rid of guys who wont play with discipline..i dont care what number they wear, get rid of em..

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Simmonds at least has a goal and got two points tonight and did well on the boards. Hartnell has zero points and I can't remember him doing anything well this whole season.

Points can lie. Simmonds is also offering this team absolutely nothing. Berube ought to throw a steak between him and Hartnell and bury the loser.

Claude28Giroux

praiseG
Apr 3, 2008
Lewiston, NY
Most frustrating loss so far. I could tune in every night knowing we blow and watch them get outplayed while not getting worked up.

It's when they show they are clearly competent and yet still crumble to **** in less than one ****ing game is when I rage.

hckyplayer8

Don't bang the glass
Mar 26, 2011
Grand Forks,ND
I was for trading Harts after the '11/'12 season where he led the team in goals and was second in points.

The howls of rage ensued.

How do you guys like him now?

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
In my mine, in 11 games in (almost a seventh of the season), we have one truly deserving and inspiring win. Then we have two undeserved, demoralizing wins and I think it's eight games now of just complete ****.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
ill-assembled team to play 60 mins of hockey! Like I said Berube can skate them and try to make them think quicker but eventually they just can't sustain the intensity b/c of the type of players we have......might as well switch out their skates for dutch clogs...

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
The difference between a good team and a bad team on display right there. They had no killer instinct to put the away when they were up by two.

moosehead81

Jan 7, 2012
Great White North
As Meltzer would say

Simmonds- Hyper-kinetic mess

Same with Hartnell...too much of the same thing..one of them has to be traded if not both. Let's get some skill....

There's not an NHL team out there that would take Hartnell and his contract; you wouldn't even get a bag of pucks for him. Another Holmgren winning contract extension- what a mess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad