Post-Game Talk: Tue., Oct. 29, 2013|Ducks 3 at Flyers 2

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I'm losing more and more hope that Schenn turns into a really solid offensive player. He's 21? But the Sharp/JVR fear still sits there. Part of me rather hold onto him until its pretty much determined a bust

jabba2

Oct 28, 2010
The issue wasn't trading JVR, but getting a crappy return for him. Holmgren got ripped off at the time and everybody knew it.

The teams needs are JVR right now, but its possible JVR would be playing a crappy perimeter game like everyone else if he was still here. I think Jagr screwed with everyones heads thinking they can play his game, few can.

FlyersFanz

aut viam inveniam au
Jan 26, 2010
BlkVanOutsideUrHouse
The teams needs are JVR right now, but its possible JVR would be playing a crappy perimeter game like everyone else if he was still here. I think Jagr screwed with everyones heads thinking they can play his game, few can.

JVR? Been there done that. Jagr didn't screw with the team? I think Jagr did the opposite, he probably stood up and told the team to get their ass in gear.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
The teams needs are JVR right now.

It also could use a young defenseman who can skate and create offense from the back end. That last thing the flyers needed was another defensive pylon especially with Grossman here already.

SgtJoseph*

So when do the forwards start getting held accountable for not scoring? I see a lot of people that are quick to crucify the defense, GM, and coach, but why not the forwards? They are easily the biggest reason why this team is 3-8 right now. If this team had any finish last night, the game is 3-1 or 4-1 heading into the third period.

I agree with you 100% ! I use to cringe when i would read on here how bad Lavy is, how bad our D is blah, blah, blah, while our forwards miss on great scoring chances on a regular basis under Lavy's or Berube's systems........Hopefully the lads will get it going on Offense soon.

gto64dr

Jan 15, 2012
I don't know what team you guys are watching but we got outshot 16-6 in the third period. Since the beginning of the season the goalie and the defense have kept us in the majority of the games. You can't expect your defense to win every game because with one exception we've been held to two or less goals a game. The only defenseman I think that has stunk this year has been Timo. We sit bigger, faster and younger defensemen just so he can stink it up. He's old and done.

It's the pass first mentality of this team that hasn't changed in three years is hurting us. And this constant passing to the top of the circle is the killer. We pass off on slot shots to take angle shots. Dumb, dumb, dumb

No, it's still coaching that is the problem. Berube is just a big Lavy mini-me. The offense needs to shoot and get some net presence.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Like Meltzer noted today...this team is a bunch of pretenders until they can win 3rd periods. The Sixers will probably be more fun to watch than this sorry sack of no confidence losers that don't want to play 60 mins or just can't play 60 mins b/c they don't have the proper mix of personnel.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
The first period was poetry, and I was amazed by how well the passes connected and how good the flow of the Flyers game looked. But then it all went downhill for some reason. I give the Ducks full credit, though, because it didn't seem like we just broke down on our own, to me it looked like the Ducks really started pushing and that's when things stopped going well.

I was also surprised by Mason getting the second star, while Hiller didn't get a mention. I thought the latter was more crucial to the win and made some great saves to keep the Ducks close when we had the surge.

Oh, and Timonen just isn't Timonen anymore :(

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
The first period was poetry, and I was amazed by how well the passes connected and how good the flow of the Flyers game looked. But then it all went downhill for some reason. I give the Ducks full credit, though, because it didn't seem like we just broke down on our own, to me it looked like the Ducks really started pushing and that's when things stopped going well.

I was also surprised by Mason getting the second star, while Hiller didn't get a mention. I thought the latter was more crucial to the win and made some great saves to keep the Ducks close when we had the surge.

I watched a few Ducks games this season and they sure know how to play 60 minutes of hockey!
I was just score watching from work and once they got that first goal I knew we were in trouble!

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
I don't know what team you guys are watching but we got outshot 16-6 in the third period. Since the beginning of the season the goalie and the defense have kept us in the majority of the games. You can't expect your defense to win every game because with one exception we've been held to two or less goals a game. The only defenseman I think that has stunk this year has been Timo. We sit bigger, faster and younger defensemen just so he can stink it up. He's old and done.

It's the pass first mentality of this team that hasn't changed in three years is hurting us. And this constant passing to the top of the circle is the killer. We pass off on slot shots to take angle shots. Dumb, dumb, dumb

No, it's still coaching that is the problem. Berube is just a big Lavy mini-me. The offense needs to shoot and get some net presence.

I don't see how conceding 16 shots in 1 period is a glowing reference on the D.

Legion of Gloom

The Holy Ghost
Jun 20, 2013
Lake Titicaca

While watching the first period I thought hey this team is a playoff team, then the wheels fell off and we crashed and burned like most of the season.This could be a painful year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad