Tucson Roadrunners (AHL) Discussion

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Misleading tweet. The playoff plans are there are no plans...it ain't happening. Don't believe the official excuse. The real reason the AHL playoffs are cancelled is because there's not much money in it. If there was, they'd figure out a way to make it happen.

Last edited:

Baby Doaner

Mar 14, 2021
Misleading tweet. The playoff plans are there are no plans...it ain't happening. Don't believe the official excuse. The real reason the AHL playoffs are cancelled is because there's not much money in it. If there was, they'd figure out a way to make it happen.

Kinda...idk if you read the article or not, but they are leaving it up to the divisions to determine a champion. The west is the only division doing anything. The others are not.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Roadrunners running all over San Diego, it's 7-0 in the 2nd period. Goals: Jenik (3), Steenbergen (9), Wilkins (2), Hayton (4), Crotty (1), Wilkins (3), Hancock (3)

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
I'm moving back home to Tucson next year, are the Roadrunner games worth attending? Do they get decent draws or is hockey dead in The Old Pueblo?

Edit: I'm excited to see some games, I hope that didn't come off as bad as it sounded to me on a re-read.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I'm moving back home to Tucson next year, are the Roadrunner games worth attending? Do they get decent draws or is hockey dead in The Old Pueblo?

Edit: I'm excited to see some games, I hope that didn't come off as bad as it sounded to me on a re-read.

My info is anecdotal but I hear Tucson has really embraced the 'Runners. Whether the games are gonna be worth it depends on what the Coyotes do in the offseason, though.

Reactions: Baby Doaner

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
My info is anecdotal but I hear Tucson has really embraced the 'Runners. Whether the games are gonna be worth it depends on what the Coyotes do in the offseason, though.
I'm an Avalanche fan, so I don't depend on the outcome or quality of the Coyotes farm system but I would like to watch some hockey at home! That being said, I would prefer the Roadrunners to do well and stay in Tucson. Thanks for the info!

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Jenik has 4 goals, 6 points in his last 4.

McCartney has 5 points in his first four games.

Hayton has been better as well. Those first 8 games really did a number on him until he scored. Jenik went over a month without a point too, so it's not unique to Barrett.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Jenik has been on fire the last several games, has a goal today in their “playoff” game.

I’m expecting him to be a huge piece of Tucson’s offense next season for at least half the season.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
If Varady is not in the running for Yotes HC, I'd like to see him back in Tucson.

From Craig's latest:

"I have heard the idea floated that assistant coach Jay Varady, who was elevated this season, could return to Tucson in a dual post as the team’s coach and GM."

Last edited:

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
If Varady is not in the running for Yotes HC, I'd like to see him back in Tucson.

From Craig's latest:

"I have heard the idea floated that assistant coach Jay Varady, who was elevated this season, could return to Tucson in a dual post as the team’s coach and GM."

He coached a USHL team for 4 years while also being director of hockey ops, so it's not that unusual. It's odd that Bill "war room of voices" Armstrong isn't saving that responsibility for an AGM.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigJCaRoach

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad