Tucson Roadrunners (AHL) Discussion

WanderingCapsFan

Mar 31, 2008
Marana, Arizona, USA
Roadrunners win 3-2 in OT Friday night.

Beau Bennett with both goals in regulation (9 & 10), Bunting with the OT winner (10).

Prosvetov with 28 saves on 30 shots.

Both teams back at it tonight in Tucson.

WanderingCapsFan

Mar 31, 2008
Marana, Arizona, USA
Saturday night the RR's fall 4-1 to the Stockton Heat.

Capobianco with the only RR's goal.

Kuemper with 26 saves on 28 shots (the last two Heat goals were EN's).

The wife and I will be at the arena on Wednesday for the game against the Gulls. Hoping for a better showing than the last few times we have been down there.

Reactions: _Del_

Kyle003p

Dec 17, 2007
Peoria, Il
Saturday night the RR's fall 4-1 to the Stockton Heat.

Capobianco with the only RR's goal.

Kuemper with 26 saves on 28 shots (the last two Heat goals were EN's).

The wife and I will be at the arena on Wednesday for the game against the Gulls. Hoping for a better showing than the last few times we have been down there.

Thanks for posting that. I just saw the 4-1 score and was worried kuemper might need a lot more work, lol

Reactions: WanderingCapsFan

WanderingCapsFan

Mar 31, 2008
Marana, Arizona, USA

Was at the game. RR's looked better than my recent visits to the arena. SD was the better team in the first period, but that finished 0-0, which was a moral victory. Tucson was the better team in the last two periods. Hannikainen looked pretty good, playing on the first line with Chaput and Bunting. I thought that Capo looked good, although he occasionally looked like he wanted to get a little too cutesy, like he knew he was too good for the AHL. Hill was very solid. I thought the 4th line of Gregoire, Hancock and Klima consistently had the upper hand on the Gulls (not that any of them will ever be a part of the Coyotes).

I have been a big Bunting supporter, but the times I have seen him this year, I have not seen the edge from him that I have seen in the past. Admittedly, my sample size is small, but I hope the he understands that he needs that pest edge in his game if he is going to make the NHL as a bottom 6 player.

Good victory for the Roadrunners.

Last edited:
Reactions: _Del_

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->