Tucson Roadrunners (AHL) Discussion

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Merrick Madsen

Missed most of the season, playing in six games for ECHL Rapid City, while recuperating from hip surgery.

Remember watching him at Harvard and he was always pretty impressive. Any chance he is back with Tucson — either on an AHL or NHL deal — or will he have to head elsewhere to continue his career?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Merrick Madsen

Missed most of the season, playing in six games for ECHL Rapid City, while recuperating from hip surgery.

Remember watching him at Harvard and he was always pretty impressive. Any chance he is back with Tucson — either on an AHL or NHL deal — or will he have to head elsewhere to continue his career?
After next year we are likely to lose one of Raanta or Hill to trade and/or expansion meaning likely a promotion is coming.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Kyle Capobianco

Nine NHL games last season and 12 over the past three seasons.

Any reason to believe he is re-signed as an RFA or is he likely headed elsewhere?

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
After next year we are likely to lose one of Raanta or Hill to trade and/or expansion meaning likely a promotion is coming.

Interesting in looking at their pool of prospects that Erik Kallgren was released from his contract rather than loaned to Europe (unless that is not an option once the season starts).

I'm not sure if long-time Finnish coaching legend Urpo Ylonen is still with the TPS club but Kellgren played some of his best hockey once he joined that team.

He is signed to play in his home country of Sweden in the SHL next season and this should tell a lot about his future potential.

Last edited:

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Interesting in looking at their pool of prospects that Erik Kellgren was released from his contract rather than loaned to Europe (unless that is not an option once the season starts).

I'm not sure if long-time Finnish coaching legend Urpo Ylonen is still with the TPS club but Kellgren played some of his best hockey once he joined that team.

He is signed to play in his home country of Sweden in the SHL next season and this should tell a lot about his future potential.
I think Kellgren didn’t feel he had a quick path to the NHL given the strength and number of the netminders around him so he asked for his release and was accommodated.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Cam Dineen

Numbers appear similar to his first pro season — with an improved +/-. In looking at the box scores it appears he played mostly in a third pair role.

Is there anything to suggest a jump in his third season of the original ELC?

And any likelihood he is playing in Phoenix in the future?

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Cam Dineen

Numbers appear similar to his first pro season — with an improved +/-. In looking at the box scores it appears he played mostly in a third pair role.

Is there anything to suggest a jump in his third season of the original ELC?

And any likelihood he is playing in Phoenix in the future?
Dineen,and certainly Copacanbana look like they could make it, either with Zona or with another team. Not sure how the faithful feel about Mayo and Gross.

Copa could make it now and Dineen would get more responsibility. Saarijarvi is headed back to Europe.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006

When I made my original post I had forgotten all about them signing Tendeck in April. Does he displace one of Hill or Madsen with Tucson or is he more than likely headed to the ECHL?

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I'd rather send Tendeck back to Vancouver than to the ECHL. That league is kind of a waste of time.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Edited the title since we don’t know where the AHL is headed yet and if they set a schedule we can open a new thread then.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
How does Dryden Hunt have NHL games played, and I've never heard of him?

Panthers say he was an energy guy for them.

ETA: found this

He's got really good AHL numbers. Especially when you take out his first pro year. Without his rookie AHL season, he's 144GP 59-60-119 with .827 P/G in the three years since. Tucson will love him. Good call up option or depth if one the Roadrunners makes the squad.

Last edited:

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I'd rather send Tendeck back to Vancouver than to the ECHL. That league is kind of a waste of time.
I respectfully disagree - not for goaltenders especially. Playing against professionals is a much bigger step up than playing against a few 16. 17 and 18 year olds. NHL teams value their ECHL goaltender slots.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Has there been rebranding chatter? Only ask because when you call the ticket line you are asked what team you want tickets for: Arizona Coyotes, ASU Sun Devils or "The Tucson American League Hockey Team". Odd to refer to them as such.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad