Tucson Roadrunners (AHL) - 2018-19 Season Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Garland deserves to be a regular in the Coyotes lineup. He's also reminding us that he has the talent of a scoring line player. If Tocc wants to use him in the bottom six, that's fine, as long as he gets a chance once in a while to move up.
Garland doesn't deserve anything yet. So far so good, but his play will dictate where and how much he plays. Mind you, we have RT as coach so who knows.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Garland doesn't deserve anything yet. So far so good, but his play will dictate where and how much he plays. Mind you, we have RT as coach so who knows.
He sat in the press box during the playoff push and imo his play dictated that he should've been in the lineup.

Reactions: _Del_

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
He sat in the press box during the playoff push and imo his play dictated that he should've been in the lineup.
I agree, but he's not one of RT's favorites. :)Next year is a new season and Garland will have to prove he belongs. He doesn't have enough history to suggest he has a position to lose.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
You two are aware had Garland not suffered an injury in camp/pre-season there was a better than average chance he would have been on the opening day roster??

If he works as hard in the off season as he did all year I don’t see how they can keep him out.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
There is something very organic and steady about Garland's progression and there is no reason why time is not working in his favour. If he carries on and works on what he is told to work on in the off season, I see a fairly straightforward and natural decision comes training camp.

And if he does not make it out of the camp, no biggie either.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
You two are aware had Garland not suffered an injury in camp/pre-season there was a better than average chance he would have been on the opening day roster??

If he works as hard in the off season as he did all year I don’t see how they can keep him out.

There is something very organic and steady about Garland's progression and there is no reason why time is not working in his favour. If he carries on and works on what he is told to work on in the off season, I see a fairly straightforward and natural decision comes training camp.

And if he does not make it out of the camp, no biggie either.
I think Garland will make the team, but like the saying goes "what have you done for me lately". If he comes to camp and craps the bed, who knows, but I have a feeling he will come to camp more determined than ever. I also hope we give Merkley a good look.

Bear54

Sep 20, 2018
Sault Ste. Marie
great signing

You folks are in for a treat. It's been a puzzle to me that other teams haven't spotted the talent and work ethic that Keegan brings to the rink every game. It has been a privilege to have him as a member of our local team. Keegan was a Greyhound fan-favorite and a lot of people in "the Soo" will be cheering him on next season in Tucson. Good luck Keegan!

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Side note....

Will be creating a new thread for the Roadrunners 2019-20 season soon.

Waiting on the schedule and other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->