Prospect Info: Tucker Robertson (Round 4, Pick #123, 2022 draft)

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Excerpt from Black Book:
Tucker was selected by the Peterborough Petes in the fourth round of the 2019 OHL Priority Selection Draft. Robertson had a quietly respectful rookie season posting 18 points in 55 games played. Robertson took a huge leap in his 18 year old season improving his offensive production by 450%. Most notably finishing top 10 in the OHL in goals scored with 41.

Reactions: The Marquis

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Robertson has a team leading 86 points in 64 games for the Petes. He is a healthy 11 points ahead of the next closest skater on his team. Also, he has already surpassed last season where he had 81 points in 68 games.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Granted I never get to watch OHL games, but I take it this guys is flying under the radar a bit?

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
He responded to getting drafted in the 4th round by having a fantastic season for the Petes

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Did anyone happen to notice if he stood out at all during the dev camp?

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Did anyone happen to notice if he stood out at all during the dev camp?

Was hard to see much of anybody in the scrimmage today. I did notice him a couple of times, which means he must have been alright. He also might have been the player with the worst five away I’ve seen in a while. Not sure if the last was him or not but it could have been.

Reactions: Fuhrious

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Not under the radar even a little. 90 points in 68, and awesome in the playoffs, all the way to the Memorial Cup. They didn’t win, but the dude made a name for himself.

Right, it's just that I've seen very little about him other than the glaring stats. West coast bias I suppose, heh

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Do you guys anticipate Tucker making the jump to pro next season?

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA

To "pro" as in the AHL or ECHL? Yeah, I can definitely see that being the case with him. He qualifies and is another case of a player that need to be skating more with grown ass men, especially in light of his size. Playing professionally will allow him to adjust to that. Good for his development, bad for the Petes. I have been wrong before.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Potentially. At this time, we have so many young prospects that are projected to play in Coachella between this (23/24) and next season (24/25):

Winterton
Morrisson
Nelson (D)
Firkus
Melanson
Ottavainen (D)

Sale
Goyette
Nyman

So, I don't know if Robertson cracks the roster because they may not want an AHL roster full of kids.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Potentially. At this time, we have so many young prospects that are projected to play in Coachella between this (23/24) and next season (24/25):

Winterton
Morrisson
Nelson (D)
Firkus
Melanson
Ottavainen (D)

Sale
Goyette
Nyman

So, I don't know if Robertson cracks the roster because they may not want an AHL roster full of kids.

There's always Mr. Tad O'had's KC Mavericks to get the guy playing against grown as men.

I'm mostly kidding. Just wanted to throw out Tad O'had's name.

Reactions: Fuhrious

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad