News Article: Tucker Poolman in The Athletic

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Nice piece posted today:

Tucker Poolman's journey from the NAHL to the Jets is a...

Six years after Poolman walked on to Wichita Falls team, he remains on the Winnipeg Jets’ roster even after Dustin Byfuglien’s return to full health. He has earned it, too – in the 10 games Winnipeg played with Byfuglien out, Poolman led all Jets defensemen with 65 per cent of on-ice high danger scoring chances and 70 per cent of on-ice goals for at 5-on-5.
How did such an unheralded player make the leap from Tier II junior tryouts all the way to NHL?
I asked his mom.

Reactions: ps241

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Can’t wait to see more of Poolman. I really like the way he plays the game and he’s been making a lot of great little outlet passes to help get the puck out of our end.
I think his offence will come in time as well. And, going out on a limb here, if given enough opportunity, I think he’ll eventually be in the top half of our D point producers, not the bottom.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I think Poolman will be an important part of the Jets' future. He's part of the outstanding crop of US players drafted by the Jets...

Trouba
Connor
Hellebuyck
Copp
Poolman
Roslovic
Foley
Appleton
Samberg

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
I think Poolman will be an important part of the Jets' future. He's part of the outstanding crop of US players drafted by the Jets...

Trouba
Connor
Hellebuyck
Copp
Poolman
Roslovic
Foley
Appleton
Samberg

Those scouts deserve a raise. That is some top notch drafting.

Reactions: JBM

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Those scouts deserve a raise. That is some top notch drafting.

Wanna know the crazy thing. About 4 years ago who did the Jets hire to organize their american scouting? A random HF poster. I am not even kidding, it's a poster by the name of X-Sharkie. He was not "random" he was knowledgable in the American scene, but still. He contributed to blogs and whatnot, much like many here, but it was basically an a great HF poster.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Thank you for sharing. I recently subscribed to the athletic and have been very happy with it thus far.

Mostly subscribed because of the frequency people were sharing.

The Athletic is great.....Aavco got me into it and I really enjoy it.

Reactions: Saidin

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Wanna know the crazy thing. About 4 years ago who did the Jets hire to organize their american scouting? A random HF poster. I am not even kidding, it's a poster by the name of X-Sharkie. He was not "random" he was knowledgable in the American scene, but still. He contributed to blogs and whatnot, much like many here, but it was basically an a great HF poster.

Yea it’s a good story isn’t it. As I recall from what Garret said he is a really sharp guy and you can’t complain about the results, he appears to be doing a great job. Wonder how they found him?

Now that would make an interesting story in the Athletic for us draft junkie types.

Reactions: Mud Turtle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad