Injury Report: Tuch out ~6 months after shoulder surgery

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
So no need for anymore moves. They're just fine cap wise to carry a full roster until Tuch gets back.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Need to be under cap for start of season and putting Tuch on LTIR. Currently juuuust over, & Patrick to be signed.

With an injury/surgery like this, the team can put Tuch on LTIR during off season IIRC.

If not, they put someone(s) in Henderson the day before the season start to be cap compliant and then put Tuch on LTIR and recall them.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
With an injury/surgery like this, the team can put Tuch on LTIR during off season IIRC.

If not, they put someone(s) in Henderson the day before the season start to be cap compliant and then put Tuch on LTIR and recall them.
Weird, wouldn't you be able to do that with an LTIRed contract, then?

The Duck Knight

Feb 6, 2012
Weird, wouldn't you be able to do that with an LTIRed contract, then?

Yes. That's what Toronto was doing for a couple years. The problem with offseason LTIR is it doesn't allow you to maximize the benefits of using it when you get right up against the cap right before camp ends. None of which would matter for us anyways though because we can't use the LTIR space because Tuch will be back before the end of the season.

So this is the roster in all likelihood. When Tuch is ready to come back they can simply waive Carrier provided there isn't someone else on LTIR by then.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Dadonov trade makes a little more sense now but still probably means Krebs (and Dugan) likely to be hard pressed to get a spot.

Pacioretty-Stephenson-Stone
Marchessault-Karlsson-Smith
Janmark-Patrick-Dadonov
Howden-Roy-Kolesar
Carrier
LTIR Tuch
AHL Krebs, Dugan, Dorofeyev, Elvenes, Brown, Baertschi, Quinney

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Dadonov trade makes a little more sense now but still probably means Krebs (and Dugan) likely to be hard pressed to get a spot.

Pacioretty-Stephenson-Stone
Marchessault-Karlsson-Smith
Janmark-Patrick-Dadonov
Howden-Roy-Kolesar
Carrier
LTIR Tuch
AHL Krebs, Dugan, Dorofeyev, Elvenes, Brown, Baertschi, Quinney

That is still a strong lineup without Tuch. Really hoping Patrick can take a turn for the better and Krebs is ready soon.

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
That is still a strong lineup without Tuch. Really hoping Patrick can take a turn for the better and Krebs is ready soon.

Let’s not put Kolesar in the lineup over Krebs. Let’s not make the same mistake we made last year.

But you know they will: can’t risk someone claiming Keegan so let’s bury our top prospect (who looks ready to me) in the AHL.

The Duck Knight

Feb 6, 2012
Let’s not put Kolesar in the lineup over Krebs. Let’s not make the same mistake we made last year.

But you know they will: can’t risk someone claiming Keegan so let’s bury our top prospect (who looks ready to me) in the AHL.

Krebs shouldn't be competing with the likes of Kolesar for a job. There's no point for him to be with Vegas if he's stuck on the 4th line when he can be playing big minutes with Henderson in all situations. He needs to have a stellar camp and preseason and take Janmark's spot basically. Then you can justify bumping Janmark to the 4th and waiving Kolesar/Carrier.

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
Krebs shouldn't be competing with the likes of Kolesar for a job. There's no point for him to be with Vegas if he's stuck on the 4th line when he can be playing big minutes with Henderson in all situations. He needs to have a stellar camp and preseason and take Janmark's spot basically. Then you can justify bumping Janmark to the 4th and waiving Kolesar/Carrier.

I don’t mean play him where Kolesar would play, just have him as 1 of the 12 Forwards in place of Kolesar. If he is not playing 3rd line or above, Henderson is where I want him, too.

But yeah, I think Krebs is going to be in Henderson. I think the Reaves trade will make them think they need Kolesar for some grit so he will probably be in the lineup for the entire year again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad