TSP: New Jersey Devils Prospects and Scouting Reports

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I know his edgework isn’t great, but the top end speed hasn’t impressed me with all of his hype.

His stride is choppy and weird so he looks like he should be slow but when you compare him to the other players on the ice he’s actually going fast.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
On McLeod:
“McLeod is an absolute speedster, with great top-end speed and outstanding acceleration. McLeod is one of the fastest skating prospects in all of hockey- he’s that fast.”

Am I the only one who hasn’t been impressed by his skating? I’m just not saint it.

No, I agree with you. His stride is awkward and he just never seems to show that speed if he really does have it.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
On McLeod:
“McLeod is an absolute speedster, with great top-end speed and outstanding acceleration. McLeod is one of the fastest skating prospects in all of hockey- he’s that fast.”

Am I the only one who hasn’t been impressed by his skating? I’m just not saint it.

Ya def not as fast as the scouting reports indicated. This one appears out of date.

McLeod is definitely fast but he is not a good skater

a lot of people confuse the two

He's also not that fast. Certainly not "fastest prospects in all of hockey" fast.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I think TSP also overstates Smith speed. Now to ZBC's point, Smith does look like an excellent skater though without a high top speed. I always thought that was the case, and lately we've heard it from guys within the Devils organization.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
only time i notice mcleod’s speed is pouncing on loose pucks but that is a good skill to have. but he didn’t really blaze by defenders in open ice at all which is what you expect from all these reports

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I'm super high on Talvite, he'll be a solid third liner on a contending team. Walsh will be a top 4 PP1-guy if he pans out. He's just got that "whoa"-skill with the luck.
I'm to so sure about Walsh's skill. We'll see now that he's taking Fox's crown as the offensive defenseman there. I think his biggest asset is his cannon.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
only time i notice mcleod’s speed is pouncing on loose pucks but that is a good skill to have. but he didn’t really blaze by defenders in open ice at all which is what you expect from all these reports

I am one that likes Mcleod. Most are casting him off already, but I think he will be a useful NHL player and a valuable one. It doesn't appear he will every be a huge point producer but he certainly looks like he can be a really good 3rd line centerman that plays with jam.. kinda a guy you want in playoff games etc. I am one not to give up on this kid... hischier hughes mcleod zacha is a really nice center group down the road a couple years. speed size skill etc..

Reactions: HBK27 and Darkauron

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
I am one that likes Mcleod. Most are casting him off already, but I think he will be a useful NHL player and a valuable one. It doesn't appear he will every be a huge point producer but he certainly looks like he can be a really good 3rd line centerman that plays with jam.. kinda a guy you want in playoff games etc. I am one not to give up on this kid... hischier hughes mcleod zacha is a really nice center group down the road a couple years. speed size skill etc..

to add on I also think he makes team out of camp this year.. both he and bastian.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
I haven't been impressed by anything of McLeod tbh. He's soft, dumb, and can't shoot to save his life.

he isnt soft, or dumb. his shot or lack of willingness to shoot i will give you he plays an in your face game but he will definitely need to keep that style up.. so i politely disagree with your assessment and may god have mercy on your soul

Reactions: Darkauron

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
#4 Prospect: Mackenzie Blackwood

Goalie — shoots Left

I wonder how many goals he will score. :DD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad