TSN's Top 60 Draft Prospects

golgoXIII

Apr 2, 2007
Can't wait to see where Cherepanov will go,still think is the best player in the draft .

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Whats clear is that come draft day.. there are going to be a lot of picks that make people go "***"

The rankings are everywhere. Do not expect the real draft to look ANYTHING like mock drafts on this forum.

spikelechien

Jan 8, 2007
Braeshore
At least it is a unique list. Nice that they list ISS, and RLR rankings. This will be on my screen when watching the draft.

Yeah, I find it surprising all the way through. Bob MacKenzie has been very reliable in the past so we should consider that. Having said that, I find it surprising all the way through except for the top 7. There seems to be a pre-dominance of defensemen in an off year for d's. Also, Europeans appear to be almost forgotten in a year where they were 1 and 3 in the U18. Also, there appears to be players who because of their size, their leagues or both who appear to be way above what others have said and what I see as well.

Having said that, it just means Friday and Saturday will be more interesting. Stay tuned as they say.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Should be interesting to see who they have where in the mock. Obviously the Leafs aren't picking Hickey at 13 (well I hope not). Some unusual choices like Sutter at 9.

True that draft day should be something to watch. I'd hope the picks are something like here since I liked most of the choices for Toronto.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Brandon Sutter at #9 for TSN..It's intresting. Bob McKenzie says that he has size and skill. A good two-way forward....

I want the Oilers to draft him at #15 if he's available...

I didnt want this to happen but listening to Mike Okes statement on the pipeline show and him saying what the pens saw in sutter makes me want to change my mind.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Wow RLR and THN have Backlund in the mid-late 30's... Seems like they're taking too much stock in his draft year injury. And saying that Colton Gillies is a better prospect than Logan Couture mystifies me in this ranking.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
Bob M. said: "There has NEVER been a year like this, where players ranked as low as 50 by some teams are getting serious first round consideration from others".

I think Bob is vastly underestimating the situation here. Although there may be more variation this year, it is extremely common for players that one team has rated about #50 to go to another team in the first round. In fact, it is pretty common for one or two players to go in the 1st round that some other teams don't even have in its final 100 list.

Every year I've been involved there have been at least 1 or 2 players chosen in the first round that we don't really want at all and maybe 6 or 7 who are not in our top 50.

Apr 4, 2003
Embrun, ON
For those of you saying stuff like "Bobby Mac is out to lunch on this one (Sutter)...", Bob's top prospects on TSN are usually the best prognostication of what actually transpires on draft day. Perhaps this year will be different given the ranking disparities among teams of the prospects, but usually Bob's list is spot on.

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
Their iss rankings are complete wrong. Or not the neweset one...
Yep. Those must be their second last rankings (they are the same apparently forgotten below the weights in their guide)
they start to be different from #26 on..

Bob M. said: "There has NEVER been a year like this, where players ranked as low as 50 by some teams are getting serious first round consideration from others".

I think Bob is vastly underestimating the situation here. Although there may be more variation this year, it is extremely common for players that one team has rated about #50 to go to another team in the first round.
That caught my attention as well.
I have an hard time believing Bob is not aware of what you rightly excepted, so i thought more of an understatement by his part..
"There has NEVER been a year like this, where players ranked as low as 50 by some teams are getting serious first round consideration from others"
translates into something like
" There has NEVER been a year like this, where players ranked as low as 50 by some teams are getting serious top 15 consideration from others"
that sounds more like what he actually had in his mind or what he was implying..

For those of you saying stuff like "Bobby Mac is out to lunch on this one (Sutter)...", Bob's top prospects on TSN are usually the best prognostication of what actually transpires on draft day.
yeah, here comes something i'm never too sure about while reading TSN draft rankings:
-how much is this just a consensus list?
-how much is it a prediction? (the mock draft should be for it, but maybe this is more of Bob prediction out of some scouts' consensus while the mock is more of TSN's as a whole?)
- bottom line, how much, if any, Bob's own opinion and judgement is involved in this ranking? :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad