TSN's Top 50 Players (6. Chara, 16. Bergeron, 42. Lucic, 46. Krejci)

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
TSN's Top 50 Players

Yet another one of those ranking/projection threads. This ranking was done by a group of NHL coaches and GMs voting for who they thought would be the best for this upcoming season.

Bruins that made the list:

6. Chara (#1 defenseman)
16. Bergeron (#9 center)
42. Lucic (#14 winger)
46. Krejci (#17 center)

Rask seems like the most notable exclusion. That being said, only 4 goalies made it into the top 50 (14. Lundqvist, 22. Quick, 41. Rinne, 45. Bobrovsky).

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
TSN's Top 50 Players

Yet another one of those ranking/projection threads. This ranking was done by a group of NHL coaches and GMs voting for who they thought would be the best for this upcoming season.

Bruins that made the list:

6. Chara (#1 defenseman)
16. Bergeron (#9 center)
42. Lucic (#14 winger)
46. Krejci (#17 center)

Rask seems like the most notable exclusion. That being said, only 4 goalies made it into the top 50 (14. Lundqvist, 22. Quick, 41. Rinne, 45. Bobrovsky).

Bob over Rask? Criminal.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
They also said that Price was ranked 51, so Rask didn't crack the top 5 goalies, at least.

member 96824

Ehh...3 completely 100% proven goalies and the winner of the best goalie in the league trophy last year is perfectly fine over Rask if you ask me. As long as they have him in the #5 spot next.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Rask should be on it before those 4. I don't care about how they did during the season. He has actually led his team to a SCF.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
They also said that Price was ranked 51, so Rask didn't crack the top 5 goalies, at least.

They are also pumping his tires, it is so obvious

1. The GM's vote they did last season were Price the front runner for the Vezina nearing the end of the season

2. Crosby calling him the best goalie in the league durring the player interviews the other week

3. TSN calling him a top 5 goalie just now

Canada is trying to give him every drop of confidence possible, makes me think they don't believe in him.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
I don't really mind that Rask was left off. It's difficult to compare a goalie with a centre and conclude, one way or another, who's a better player. Although I think Rask is a top 5 goalie in the league, I still understand how some people can have reservations because he hasn't been a starter for a full 82 game season yet.

I really appreciate the love Chara js getting on that list. I have said many times that he's the true Norris trophy winner year in and year out. Guys like Karlsson may impact the way a team plays defence. Subban puts up gaudy PP numbers. IMO Chara impacts the way a team plays on offence and defence more than any other D-man in the league..

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'll take Rask any day of the week and twice on Sundays over Carey Price. Price = multiple playoff flame-outs, Rask = 1 SCF final appearance in two attempts.

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
Toews at #3 is comical yet totally expected given its TSN.

Given that Rask has a track record of success, had similar number to Bobrovsky and was dominant in the playoffs, there is no way he shouldn't be ahead of Bobrovsky.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Rask is a top 5 goalie but skeptics can always point to the Bruins system,with some validity,as distorting the view.

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal
Toews at #3 is comical yet totally expected given its TSN.

Given that Rask has a track record of success, had similar number to Bobrovsky and was dominant in the playoffs, there is no way he shouldn't be ahead of Bobrovsky.
Idk....he was pretty remarkable in the finals. He went after Chara over and over. He showed the other Hawks that Chara is human.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Idk....he was pretty remarkable in the finals. He went after Chara over and over. He showed the other Hawks that Chara is human.

Chara may have been the Bs worst defenseman at times,just didn't handle the workload of a condensed schedule the way they thought he would.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Well, that's obvious. maybe you should have kept reading.

TSN has unveiled the NHL's Top 50 players heading into the 2013-14 hockey season based on selections by a group of 14 NHL coaches and general managers

I wonder if they mean 14 coaches + 14 GMs. 14 total seems like a really small group to me for a list this big.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
I cared about lists a long time ago, no one ever agrees with them and they are all based upon others opinions and bias. Rask should be in there, but he is not, do I care, I think not.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Well, that's obvious. maybe you should have kept reading.

TSN has unveiled the NHL's Top 50 players heading into the 2013-14 hockey season based on selections by a group of 14 NHL coaches and general managers
i.e. TSN being shills for the NHL's marketing dept. as usual.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad