TSN's Top 50 Player Rankings

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Worst things like complaining about people complaining about matthews before anybody actually brings it up, cause thats what you did? :laugh:

Rankings are rankings, I doesn't bother me one bit, I'm just saying they were factually wrong last year putting Matthews at #10, and will most likely be wrong again putting Matthews at #8
Once again I only said what I did about waiting to see others complain about Matthews ranking is because that happened last year, when those people did it without Leafs fans saying here we go with the negative comments about Matthews ranking.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Eh, if you think people are upset that's you projecting. No one has shown any signs of anger in this thread lol.

Also, please justify why Matthews should be rated 8th in the league for this upcoming season. Hell, I'll make it easier for you - just rate centers. Explain why Matthews should be the 8th rated center in the league.

Because he's a beast, and if he stays healthy, I could definitely see him being top 10. Marner is tougher, but if you look at how he finished last season + playoffs, I don't have a problem with it.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Eh, if you think people are upset that's you projecting. No one has shown any signs of anger in this thread lol.

Also, please justify why Matthews should be rated 8th in the league for this upcoming season. Hell, I'll make it easier for you - just rate centers. Explain why Matthews should be the 8th rated center in the league.
I don’t have to justify anything to anyone. I watch Matthews 82+ times a year, I see everything else he does other than goals/points. It’s the people that don’t watch Matthews and look at the game end point sheet to judge him, that need to justify him as being too high. It’s laughable to ME, that people think he should be lower.

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
Once again I only said what I did about waiting to see others complain about Matthews ranking is because that happened last year, when those people did it without Leafs fans saying here we go with the negative comments about Matthews ranking.

And like I said, people were right last year. It's not a negative comment to say Matthews was ranked too high. Is is that unreasonable to think that a Selke winner that outproduced Matthews and the Hart winner should be higher then him that all Toronto fans can reply with is "oh classic people hating on Matthews"

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
I don’t have to justify anything to anyone. I watch Matthews 82+ times a year, I see everything else he does other than goals/points. It’s the people that don’t watch Matthews and look at the game end point sheet to judge him, that need to justify him as being too high. It’s laughable to ME, that people think he should be lower.

Well not that many times this past year.

The rest is a cool Toews fan circa 2014 post.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
And like I said, people were right last year. It's not a negative comment to say Matthews was ranked too high. Is is that unreasonable to think that a Selke winner that outproduced Matthews and the Hart winner should be higher then him that all Toronto fans can reply with is "oh classic people hating on Matthews"
How about the fact that Nathan MacKinnon who finished 2nd in the Hart Trophy to Taylor Hall was ranked #3 and didn't even make their list last season, where as Hall is ranked #9 this year. If anything I say that's worse than Matthews being ranked ahead of Hall.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
images

That moment when you realize that people are actually complaining about their player not being ranked 8th instead of 9th when not a single player from your team makes the list..

Please be humble.

Reactions: billcook

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
How about the fact that Nathan MacKinnon who finished 2nd in the Hart Trophy to Taylor Hall was ranked #3 and didn't even make their list last season, where as Hall is ranked #9 this year. If anything I say that's worse than Matthews being ranked ahead of Hall.

Yes I think Mackinnon is a couple spots too high as well, but it doesn't stick out as much

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Because he's a beast, and if he stays healthy, I could definitely see him being top 10. Marner is tougher, but if you look at how he finished last season + playoffs, I don't have a problem with it.

I have no issues with Marner. Great player. There are players ranked above him who he is better than.

As for Matthews, he could be a top 10 offensive player, sure, but that ignores goaltenders, DMen, all-around game, etc. He's ranked ahead of last years Hart winner, Selke-nominated players who score just as much as him, tons of players who outscored him, outproduced him, are better defensively... some can be justified, but having him ahead of ALL of them? It's a stretch, and the reasoning behind it is pretty clear.

So... you have nothing lol. You don't have to justify your opinion, true, but you do if you want anyone to respect it.

I have watched a ton of Matthews career, I like him a lot - he's a great player. I don't think he's top 8, but if you have no argument beyond "I watch him every game and he's soooo good!" then, well, there's nothing to say here.

Please explain this :huh:

Reactions: dukeofjive

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Since the Lightning defeated the Bruins in 5 games in the playoffs why should Brad Marchand be ranked #14 and Patrice Bergeron be ranked #17 and David Pastrnak be ranked #29? See I can take playoff results as well and use them against their rankings.

Try again: Brad Marchand led that series in scoring, Pasta was second, Bergeron was fifth. They showed up, the rest of the lineup didn't.

Not only that, but Bergeron and Matthews regular season numbers were almost identical. Then Bergeron dummied him in the playoffs head-to-head and the defensive side of the game is laughably lobsided.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Very simply you don't think it's weird that MacKinnon who finished 2nd in the Hart Trophy to Hall was ranked #3 and Hall who won the Hart was ranked #9. Personally I think that looks worse than Matthews being ranked #8.

Lol what in the world.... you realize they both finished well ahead of Matthews in voting, right? This justification...... is real bad lol

Anyways.... this thread is trash.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
It is a projection. Young players (19-25 year olds) will be given the benefit of the doubt in raising their play the next year. Middle age players (26-30 year olds) will be expected to maintain. And older gents are expected to regress a bit. Except for Malkin and Crosby, though it could explain Mac over Malkin a bit.

Reactions: Zrinski

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Lol what in the world.... you realize they both finished well ahead of Matthews in voting, right? This justification...... is real bad lol

Anyways.... this thread is trash.
I'm just talking about their rankings on the list. If it was based on the voting for the Hart Trophy than Hall would also be ranked ahead of Matthews.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->