TSN's Top 50 Player Rankings

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Mackinnon is WAY too high. Dude explodes for 1, albeit amazing, season after years of 55-65 point play and suddenly he's top 3?

No dice.

Seriously. Hall exploded for an amazing season too and has historically better stats. The hell did Mackinnon do to be 6 places better? I dunno man.

The difference for me is that Hall looked dangerous, while Mackinnon looked downright unstoppable.

I don't have an issue with Mac that higher. I think Barzal should be higher for the same reason. I'd have him right in that Matthews tier, around top 10.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Here come the complaints about Matthews at 8

I can't wait to read all the hate comments about Auston Matthews being ranked at #8. :popcorn:

I think even the most optimistic Leafs fans won't complain about him being that low.

Matthews at 8 oh boy . . . Fans are gonna complainnnnn.

I'm glad doughty is high and Carlson isn't overrated either.

What would you call this...
preemptive complaining about potential complaining?

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
I mean, I really don't care. I find it funny at this point. :laugh: All you're doing is encouraging more of this stuff by bringing attention to it though.
The attention was coming regardless. You make it sound like everyone is trolling lol, I guarantee there are actually a lot of butt hurt people on here that Matthews is #8

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
The question I answered was who would I take right now... Malkin or MacKinnon. Right now, I'd take MacKinnon. He's just entering his prime, he came off of a monster season, and yes, I expect him to repeat his success (lest he proves me wrong).

Malkin had a great season at his age, but every game he plays, it's a toss up who faces the other team's top checking line and defensive pairing - him or Sid (I'd guess Sid). You know MacKinnon faces the other team's best game in and game out.

I would take Malkin THIS season over MacKinnon 100 times out of 100.

3/4 seasons down the road maybe not but today absolutely Malkin.

Reactions: Casanova

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Man, you guys honestly bring it on yourselves.

I think most of us don’t even mind watching your team in and of themselves.
Last year without any comments from Leafs fans other people right away complained about Matthews being ranked at #10. So that's why we knew it would happen again this year and we were proven to be correct.

Reactions: Zrinski

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Man, you guys honestly bring it on yourselves.

I think most of us don’t even mind watching your team in and of themselves.

You should really stop watching though if you don't like what some people post on the internet. ;)

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Are the guys at TSN just going to continue to pretend that Bergeron didn't dominate Matthews in the playoffs? Must be some kind of regular season ranking.
Since the Lightning defeated the Bruins in 5 games in the playoffs why should Brad Marchand be ranked #14 and Patrice Bergeron be ranked #17 and David Pastrnak be ranked #29? See I can take playoff results as well and use them against their rankings.

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
Last year without any comments from Leafs fans other people right away complained about Matthews being ranked at #10. So that's why we knew it would happen again this year and we were proven to be correct.

And last year people were right, being ranked at #10 was too high for Matthews, but now hes at #8 and Toronto fans are the victim again ? Gimme a break

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Matthews at 8 is straight garbage, but somehow the bigger error is MacKinnon at 3. Seriously the guy has had one elite season. 1 and he’s been in the league for half a decade

Edit: didn’t even notice the little Marner over Draisaitl bs. And leafs fans claim there is no bias.

I couldn’t even imagine how they’d react if their big wing/center with back to back 70 point seasons who is better defensively was looked off for a smaller winger with less offensive output.

Last edited:

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
The attention was coming regardless. You make it sound like everyone is trolling lol, I guarantee there are actually a lot of butt hurt people on here that Matthews is #8

I mean, I don't think anyone is upset. It is clearly a BS ranking, anyone who is not a Leafs homer can see that. I have spoken to plenty of Leafs fans who would scoff at this rating, too. I have stood up for Matthews a ton, nothing against him, but 8th is a terrible ranking that, truly, is as close to unjustifiable as a ranking could possibly be. That said, I think people are more annoyed at sanctimonious Leafs fans than anything. People are critiquing other rankings, too, but there aren't 15 Avs fans in here lamenting Mackinnon's woeful persecution... if there were, they would be getting shit, too (and they would probably he more justified in their claims, too).

Reactions: dukeofjive

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
I mean, I don't think anyone is upset. It is clearly a BS ranking, anyone who is not a Leafs homer can see that. I have spoken to plenty of Leafs fans who would scoff at this rating, too. I have stood up for Matthews a ton, nothing against him, but 8th is a terrible ranking that, truly, is as close to unjustifiable as a ranking could possibly be. That said, I think people are more annoyed at sanctimonious Leafs fans than anything.
It isn’t a bs rating. And yes, a lot of people are upset.

Reactions: Critical91

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
If other people on here are bothered about Matthews ranking last year and this year, I feel sorry for them because there are worse things in life to be upset about.

Worst things like complaining about people complaining about matthews before anybody actually brings it up, cause thats what you did? :laugh:

Rankings are rankings, I doesn't bother me one bit, I'm just saying they were factually wrong last year putting Matthews at #10, and will most likely be wrong again putting Matthews at #8

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
It isn’t a bs rating. And yes, a lot of people are upset.

Eh, if you think people are upset that's you projecting. No one has shown any signs of anger in this thread lol.

Also, please justify why Matthews should be rated 8th in the league for this upcoming season. Hell, I'll make it easier for you - just rate centers. Explain why Matthews should be the 8th rated center in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->