TSN's Top 50 Player Rankings

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Kessel seems a bit low, Matthews definitely too high. Guess the Toronto factor makes him better than last seasons Hart and Selke winner (who also outproduced him), as well as an annual Norris candidate
The Toronto factor didn't matter for Phil Kessel when he played for the Maple Leafs. During his career in Toronto TSN ranked him at 47th, 43rd, 38th & 36th. So please stop with that false narrative.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
The Toronto factor didn't matter for Phil Kessel when he played for the Maple Leafs. During his career in Toronto TSN ranked him at 47th, 43rd, 38th & 36th. So please stop with that false narrative.

If anything this proves it. He had 80 and 61 points with the Leafs and was in the 30s and Leaf fans WAILED about how he was still too low. He just scored 92 points and he's at 40.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
People complaining about Matthews being #8 is confusing to me. Really shows the amount of people that don’t watch him. He does so much more than put up goals and points. You really got to watch him to appreciate it. #8 is the correct spot for him right now, he may be even higher next season.

Reactions: SHANNYPLAN

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Are the guys at TSN just going to continue to pretend that Bergeron didn't dominate Matthews in the playoffs? Must be some kind of regular season ranking.
maybe they're going to pretend that 1 round of the playoffs isn't going to be helpful in predicting who will be better this season. oh wait, that's actually common sense

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Tarasenko at 37. Amazing.

I'd also quit watching if we traded Pietrangelo for Voracek. Or about 8 other guys ahead of him.

Believe me, I know how you feel. If the Leafs traded Marner for the guy who's 8 spots ahead of him I'd be very upset to say the least.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
If anything this proves it. He had 80 and 61 points with the Leafs and was in the 30s and Leaf fans WAILED about how he was still too low. He just scored 92 points and he's at 40.
Wrong, he was ranked 38th after 80 points, put up 61 points in his worst season as a Leaf, then was traded to PIT and ranked higher at #36 even after how bad he was his last year here. The “Toronto factor” doesn’t exist. Why did Tavares drop?

Matthews is just great is all.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
maybe they're going to pretend that 1 round of the playoffs isn't going to be helpful in predicting who will be better this season. oh wait, that's actually common sense
It's a good thing the don't get their opinions from a lot of other people who post on here, especially when it comes to where Auston Matthews should be ranked.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Wrong, he was ranked 38th after 80 points, put up 61 points in his worst season as a Leaf, then was traded to PIT and ranked higher at #36 even after how bad he was his last year here. The “Toronto factor” doesn’t exist. Why did Tavares drop?

Matthews is just great is all.
Tavares did not drop, he remained at #16 which is where they ranked him last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->