TSN990 and the intermission. Tony gets angry

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
He has an unpleasant voice and doesn't know any more than anybody else, so I don't listen.

He also makes it clear that he likes soccer more than hockey, while Mitch Melnik was always far more interested in the Expos over the Habs.

I enjoy this discussion forum but don't really see the point of devoting a whole radio station to the Montreal Canadiens.

cause hockey is King, not the Alouettes, not the Impact, it obviously works, they've been on the air for over 10years

JMMR

Mar 21, 2006
Ottawa
You need to find better uses for your time. Watching or listening to derivative, anti-intellectual junk noise is one thing but don't try to justify it by claiming "entertainment value".

Don Cherry farts more hockey knowledge than Tony's ever had. Tony's a fat fish in a small pond and his hockey opinion is not worthy or valid of any discussion.

That quote with the pasta sauce is right on the money King Bobert - radio's dying because of this crap. They get so much acces and spew out so much noise. It's sad.

How come your user name is not Sandy McTire?

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Hopefully someone will upload the clip soon, I wanna hear that. Everytime he says something, even a scoop, he's so sure of himself it feels like it's Jesus talking to us. I really can't stand him, he blocked me and one of my friends on Twitter cor calling him out on his 100% guarantee that Makov was gonna sign a 2 year/11 mil contract.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Like said earlier. He's an entertainer. He's become a character.
When he first started, he was more real and authentic, far more enjoyable.

I get the whole character thing.. fine with me. I'll just turn off the radio.

Ice Poutine

LA POUTINE IS BACK!
Feb 18, 2006
ON MY CHAIR
I used to listen to The Scrum at noon but i grew tired of his stop and go style of commentary.

I mean..... its just like...he is looking.........for words.....to say..... and his brain.....just..... aint working...fast.......enough. Looks like....an uninformed....moron...

I hate that style of talk.

Butwhenhehastoplugsomethinglikeinotecamozzaon430984032sourcesnexttotonyshoeswellthenhejustzipsrhatalongreallyreallyfastandthentheresnoslowtalkingthen..!

:p:

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
you probably interupted him in the middle of one of his plugs.

"the canadiens need more size on the blue line and the only way to get it is if they eat at inoteca mozza on 430984032 sources next to tony shoes who are providing me with these comfortable shoes i'm wearing right now that go well with my suit made by modo uomo and brought to you by the letter c"

tony, is that you?

gunners14henry

Jan 29, 2012
Montreal
I once asked him on twitter why he would ask such stupid questions at press conferences. He retweeted it so his minions could give me **** and then he blocked me. :laugh:

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
The problem I have with Cherry is that although the game has evolved, he himself has not. He is still the Cro magnon man he has always been and longs for the days of bench clearing brawls and stick swinging a la Bobby Clarke. Look no further than his Rock em Sock em videos to see what he is all about.

^^^ this

Mynameismark*

Simon Selikas or however you spell his name is another nuisance. His voice and the way he talks bothers me.

Anyway, none of them know anything much about Hockey, at least more than any random joe. What would you expect from an italian and a greek??

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
Its surprising that a guy as "big" as Jellybeans is, has skin as thin as it is.
His attitude and knowledge leave something to be desired

Claimed Off Waivers

Mar 2, 2007
Montreal
Simon Selikas or however you spell his name is another nuisance. His voice and the way he talks bothers me.

Anyway, none of them know anything much about Hockey, at least more than any random joe. What would you expect from an italian and a greek??

That guy is the biggest Gauthier/Martin fan on earth. He honestly thought that they deserved no blame for the Habs struggles last season. :laugh:

ROEN

Writes for Habsworld
Feb 18, 2008
www.habsworld.net
As someone who worked at that station for a little while (Morning Show) I can tell you they are all awesome guys who take what they do very seriously and love their jobs, they all have their shtick and so do some callers

Hey Tony ... first of all ... here's my signature ... OOOOPPP OPPPPPPP !!!!

That got tiring really fast

Mynameismark*

As someone who worked at that station for a little while (Morning Show) I can tell you they are all awesome guys who take what they do very seriously and love their jobs, they all have their shtick and so do some callers

Hey Tony ... first of all ... here's my signature ... OOOOPPP OPPPPPPP !!!!

That got tiring really fast

That the blow horn guy? Eugene? If so, he is annoying.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
The problem I have with Cherry is that although the game has evolved, he himself has not. He is still the Cro magnon man he has always been and longs for the days of bench clearing brawls and stick swinging a la Bobby Clarke. Look no further than his Rock em Sock em videos to see what he is all about.

As for Tony, you are spot on.

Yup. True. I'd add that he's (Cherry) also blaaaatanly xenophobic, espouses a lack of safety and his political views need to be kept to himself. Disparaging visors and people of european and Quebecois origin is unacceptable. Imagine anybody in his position in the NFL or NBA saying **** like that!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad