TSN990 and the intermission. Tony gets angry

NHLFutureGuy3

Aug 22, 2008
Who else heard the intermission today? Tony went off. He took it personally when his co-host told him he put too much stock in having an even amount of right handed and left handed defencemen. LOLOLOL

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Who else heard the intermission today? Tony went off. He took it personally when his co-host told him he put too much stock in having an even amount of right handed and left handed defencemen. LOLOLOL

crap I missed it, he seems pretty calm right now

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
heard that lol...they were both going at it though

Then Tony, in typical Tony fashion...cuts him off, gives him a zinger and breaks to commercial lol:shakehead

Kingbobert

Jul 15, 2005
Montreal
heard that lol...they were both going at it though

Then Tony, in typical Tony fashion...cuts him off, gives him a zinger and breaks to commercial lol:shakehead

hes a loud mouth obnoxious baby, and this is coming from someone who finds him entertaining

but i hate that whenever someone calls him on something, or argues a counter-point better than him and he has no real rebuttal he cuts them off or hangs up on them

Kingbobert

Jul 15, 2005
Montreal
I called Tony to praise Galchenyuk and he started insulting me!!!

you probably interupted him in the middle of one of his plugs.

"the canadiens need more size on the blue line and the only way to get it is if they eat at inoteca mozza on 430984032 sources next to tony shoes who are providing me with these comfortable shoes i'm wearing right now that go well with my suit made by modo uomo and brought to you by the letter c"

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal

"the canadiens need more size on the blue line and the only way to get it is if they eat at inoteca mozza on 430984032 sources next to tony shoes who are providing me with these comfortable shoes i'm wearing right now that go well with my suit made by modo uomo and brought to you by the letter c"

LMAO. That's so Tony :laugh:

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
from someone who finds him entertaining

I find him entertaining too and this is why I like him, he's an ENTERTAINER, not a professional hockey analyst

Same goes for J-C Lajoie, Don Cherry (I hate what he says, but he's a great entertainer), PJ Stock, Most guys on l'antichambre, etc...

Entertainement =/= Relevance

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
I find him entertaining too and this is why I like him, he's an ENTERTAINER, not a professional hockey analyst

Same goes for J-C Lajoie, Don Cherry (I hate what he says, but he's a great entertainer), PJ Stock, Most guys on l'antichambre, etc...

this. ppl need to lighten up

mikeg

Feb 28, 2004
Nothing makes me change the station or turn off the radio quicker than Tony's voice.

It's ok to have opinions, but it's his whole schtick that just irritates me.

Maybe it's my own issues but I just find that he has and has never had any credibilty whatsoever other than thinking that being a bully gets you an audience.

bigtimehockeyfan999*

i heard part of this yah ......i loved the part about gauthier being hired by chicago lol

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007

You need to find better uses for your time. Watching or listening to derivative, anti-intellectual junk noise is one thing but don't try to justify it by claiming "entertainment value".

Don Cherry farts more hockey knowledge than Tony's ever had. Tony's a fat fish in a small pond and his hockey opinion is not worthy or valid of any discussion.

That quote with the pasta sauce is right on the money King Bobert - radio's dying because of this crap. They get so much acces and spew out so much noise. It's sad.

HabsHockey*

You need to find better uses for your time. Watching or listening to derivative, anti-intellectual junk noise is one thing but don't try to justify it by claiming "entertainment value".

Don Cherry farts more hockey knowledge than Tony's ever had. Tony's a fat fish in a small pond and his hockey opinion is not worthy or valid of any discussion.

That quote with the pasta sauce is right on the money King Bobert - radio's dying because of this crap. They get so much acces and spew out so much noise. It's sad.

Quoted because it's true.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl

im working and listening to TSN radio when i'm bored of my music playlist Kuwaitbro :) im getting payed to listen to Marinaro say stupid stuff and enjoy it

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I always thought Cherry was full of hot air as well.

Cherry is a cosmic supernova of hot air, but he knows the game from a lifetime of first-hand experience.

Tony has no more knowledge or insight than half of us on this board. What he does have is a microphone and bandwidth. This doesn't make him bad in any way, it just means his average opinions have the benefit of mass-marketing.

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
Cherry is a cosmic supernova of hot air, but he knows the game from a lifetime of first-hand experience.

Tony has no more knowledge or insight than half of us on this board. What he does have is a microphone and bandwidth. This doesn't make him bad in any way, it just means his average opinions have the benefit of mass-marketing.

The problem I have with Cherry is that although the game has evolved, he himself has not. He is still the Cro magnon man he has always been and longs for the days of bench clearing brawls and stick swinging a la Bobby Clarke. Look no further than his Rock em Sock em videos to see what he is all about.

As for Tony, you are spot on.

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site

hilarious :laugh:

Megaforce

He has an unpleasant voice and doesn't know any more than anybody else, so I don't listen.

He also makes it clear that he likes soccer more than hockey, while Mitch Melnik was always far more interested in the Expos over the Habs.

I enjoy this discussion forum but don't really see the point of devoting a whole radio station to the Montreal Canadiens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->