(TSN) Top 1-2 Centre Combinations in Today's NHL

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
4/5 points have been on the PP, I wouldn't say he's "on mcdavids wing" during a powerplay.

I do agree he needs to start playing better though, hopefully Pool Party can inject some speed into the second line. It's not easy to carry around boat anchors in Motorola and Lucic all night.
That poster is still holding onto the myth that Draisaitl is useless without McDavid, despite being shown multiple times he's wrong. Don't waste your time.

LeafShark

Feb 2, 2010
Per TSN ranking the best 1-2 centre combinations in today's NHL -- Do you agree?

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/ranking-the-best-1-2-centre-combinations-in-today-s-nhl~1517631

d9TepZ7.png

5nZjuIh.png

h1QsYym.png

kFLFk60.png
Toronto is better.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
4/5 points have been on the PP, I wouldn't say he's "on mcdavids wing" during a powerplay.

I do agree he needs to start playing better though, hopefully Pool Party can inject some speed into the second line. It's not easy to carry around boat anchors in Motorola and Lucic all night.
Regardless, hes not scoring as second line centre. Which is a recurring theme.

When they say top 1-2 center punch they're clearly talking about teams being able to throw 2 lines at their opponents, and the centers anchoring those lines. The oilers cant. Draisaitl centering his own line is completely ineffective.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
That poster is still holding onto the myth that Draisaitl is useless without McDavid, despite being shown multiple times he's wrong. Don't waste your time.
No one has shown anything of the sort. Projections of his scoring rates away from McDavid on both the pp and es place him at about a 55 point player on his own.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
No one has shown anything of the sort. Projections of his scoring rates away from McDavid on both the pp and es place him at about a 55 point player on his own.
You are wrong yet again. I've shown you the numbers multiple times. So have others. Search my post history and try reading for once.

If Draisaitl hadn't played a second of 5-on-5 with McDavid last season his pace suggests he would have finished with 69 points (had he played all 82 games), not 55 points.

The power play argument is as stupid as it gets. Every team in the league puts their best players on the same unit. Use Malkin's all-situations scoring rate away from Crosby and he would have finished with only 65 points last season, not the 98 he ended up getting. Or if Kucherov didn't play a second with Stamkos he would have finished with 54 points, not 100 like he actually got. This is not how hockey works, or has ever worked.

More (last season's numbers):
Leon Draisaitl
With McDavid: 2.65 pts/60
Without: 2.01
Difference: 0.64

Auston Matthews
With Nylander: 3.17
Without: 1.99
Difference: 1.18

William Nylander
With Matthews: 2.76
Without: 1.73
Difference: 1.03

Mitch Marner
With Marleau: 2.49
Without: 1.70
Difference: 0.79

Nikita Kucherov
With Stamkos: 3.39
Without: 2.03
Difference: 1.36

Evgeni Malkin
With Kessel: 2.49
Without: 2.27
Difference: 0.22

This is the last post I'm going to make towards you before I put you back on ignore for good, since you continue to make up numbers and ignore when someone uses the actual ones.

Last edited:

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
You are wrong yet again. I've shown you the numbers multiple times. So have others. Search my post history and try reading for once.

If Draisaitl hadn't played a second of 5-on-5 with McDavid last season his pace suggests he would have finished with 69 points (had he played all 82 games), not 55 points.

The power play argument is as stupid as it gets. Every team in the league puts their best players on the same unit. Use Malkin's all-situations scoring rate away from Crosby and he would have finished with only 65 points last season, not the 98 he ended up getting. Or if Kucherov didn't play a second with Stamkos he would have finished with 54 points, not 100 like he actually got. This is not how hockey works, or has ever worked.

More (last season's numbers):

This is the last post I'm going to make towards you before I put you back on ignore for good, since you continue to make up numbers and ignore when someone uses the actual ones.
Zero. Points. So far. Zero.

Kamus

Oct 21, 2005
It's a pretty damn good combo. You can disagree if you want but it's definitely up there.
Ban this guy already.... Every @$&king time same BS. It will be the same fricking thread as always.... Guys like this stating dumb ass comments others showing stats that disprove them and these guys running away like farts in a windstorm just to reemerge a few weeks later

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Ban this guy already.... Every @$&king time same BS. It will be the same fricking thread as always.... Guys like this stating dumb ass comments others showing stats that disprove them and these guys running away like farts in a windstorm just to reemerge a few weeks later
Huh? You're replying to my post saying Backstrom and Kuznetsov are pretty close to Matthew's and tavares.

Reactions: Devil Dancer

paragon

May 5, 2010
For me it's Pittsburgh, Toronto, Edmonton and Caps. Backström doesn't drive his line or score enough to be on the same tier as the first 2. Toronto's centers can score goals pretty much no matter what. McDavid alone is enough to put Edmonton 3rd.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Crosby/Malkin
Backstrom/Kuznetsov

McDavid is the best player but Draisaitl is nowhere near the other players. Matthews and Tavares have played 5 games together, no ****ing way they are 2nd.
They're not talking about their career together.

That they've been on the same team for 8 games doesn't matter.

Reactions: olli

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Drasaitl is too bad for that duo to be high on the list no matter how good McDavid is. Drasaitl looks like the worst forward on Oilers when he's playing 2nd line center.

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
As a Pens fan gotta say Kuzy - Backstrom some nights is more dominant than Crosby - Malkin. Mainly because Backstrom is just consistent as hell in the d-zone.

That being said list is fine.

Throw in OV with Malkin or Crosby and the gap gets bigger

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
As a Caps fan this topic sucks because I would rank them. Pens,Leafs, Caps then Oilers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad