TSN/Sportsnet: DEAL SIGNED AND DONE! NHL/PA Issue Joint Press Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSC2k2*

dumitru123 said:
I don't know if many people noticed this tidbit: player pensions were tripled! For those that think this is nothing, generous pensions are bankrupting GM and Ford right now...
Good god; the players win again! Now that's Goodenow! To be able to pull this out of the owners when painting himself already in a pretty small corner... impressive!!
Where did you hear this? Do you have a link?

kdb209

Jan 26, 2005
HipCzech said:
Is it correct to assume that all RFA contracts will be reduced by 24%? I thought I read that only existing contracts (ie 2005-06) will be subject to the reduction.

" a 24 per-cent salary rollback for any NHL player who has time remaining on an existing contract, keeping in mind that the players will receive none of the monies they were slated to earn in the lost season of 2004-05."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.as...274&hubName=nhl

Does anybody have a link to where it's written that RFA qualifying offers will also be rolled back?
It's a 100% certain bet. All of the league and PA offers (including the PA's original Dec 9 offer which started the whole 24% rollback thing) had the rollback affecting both current contracts and QOs.

NYR2

Feb 19, 2004
New York
I couldn't be happier that this mess is finally over. I can't wait to see hockey this fall!! :handclap:

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
dumitru123 said:
I don't know if many people noticed this tidbit: player pensions were tripled! For those that think this is nothing, generous pensions are bankrupting GM and Ford right now...
Good god; the players win again! Now that's Goodenow! To be able to pull this out of the owners when painting himself already in a pretty small corner... impressive!!

Covered in the linkage by any chance?

two out of three*

::plays "Blur - Song 2" and jumps around the house::

This should be the NHL Theme Song.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad