Status
Not open for further replies.

joepeps

Jan 2, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
Dan Galvin said:
Thank god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :handclap: :bow: :clap: :propeller :jump:

image this... The team who gets sid will be offered alot...

teams wanna get under cap... they will trade a nolan mogilny mccabe stajan for the first pick.. I wouldn't lol but there are teams who will make a Philly offer... maybe Philly itself!!!!

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
Jobu said:
NHL, NHLPA reach agreement in principle on new CBA

NEW YORK/TORONTO (July 13, 2005) - The National Hockey League and the National Hockey League Players' Association have reached an agreement in principle on the terms of a new Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Details of the new Agreement will not be made available publicly pending the formal ratification process by the NHLPA Members and the NHL Board of Governors.

It is anticipated that the ratification process will be completed next week, at which time the parties will be prepared to discuss the details of the Agreement and plans for next season. No further comment will be made until then.
:yo: :handclap: :yo: Its about time.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Is anyone else scared that the vote will be close? I hope to god it passes through the PA, but im still worried just because of what people like Kypreos are saying. I know I should take whatever people like Healey and Kypreos say with a grain of salt, but I still wont have a sigh of relief until the vote passes through.

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
PeterSidorkiewicz said:
Is anyone else scared that the vote will be close? I hope to god it passes through the PA, but im still worried just because of what people like Kypreos are saying. I know I should take whatever people like Healey and Kypreos say with a grain of salt, but I still wont have a sigh of relief until the vote passes through.

Shanahan was just on ESPNews, and said while some players may not be happy. He just CANT see this not getting done. Way to many people are ready to go.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
X8oD said:
Shanahan was just on ESPNews, and said while some players may not be happy. He just CANT see this not getting done. Way to many people are ready to go.

Since the deal was done, not a single player I've seen or heard interviewed (Peca, Burke, Iginla, Shanahan, Draper) has given any indication that this won't be ratified by a large margin.

MacDaddy TLC*

It is important to note that unlike all the previous offers, nothing is being leaked on the NHL and the PA website. Before the December offer was in Bettman's hands, it was on the PA website and every other correspondance after then until Feb was up as well.

Stonehands77

Jul 8, 2002
Waltham, MA
joepeps said:

teams wanna get under cap... they will trade a nolan mogilny mccabe stajan for the first pick.. I wouldn't lol but there are teams who will make a Philly offer... maybe Philly itself!!!!
I would say Philly is one of the least likely to make that pitch. The pieces that would interest someone in trading Crosby to them won't be the LeClair's or Amonte's (your proposed deal is laughable, because no one would take on that much salary under the new cap...it would cripple them for a long time), but the Carter's and Richards'. And the likelihood of Clarke trading them for even Sid the Kid is, IMHO, slim to none. But keep dreaming!

N.Y. Orangeman

Mar 15, 2002
myspace.com
joepeps said:

With all the talent on the market and a limited amount of dollars chasing that talent, why would any team make this kind of a deal?

HipCzech

Just win the game
Mar 25, 2004
Overpriced Bay
Is it correct to assume that all RFA contracts will be reduced by 24%? I thought I read that only existing contracts (ie 2005-06) will be subject to the reduction.

" a 24 per-cent salary rollback for any NHL player who has time remaining on an existing contract, keeping in mind that the players will receive none of the monies they were slated to earn in the lost season of 2004-05."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.as...274&hubName=nhl

Does anybody have a link to where it's written that RFA qualifying offers will also be rolled back?

Strazzobosco

Dec 6, 2004
Fairfax, VA
tripled pensions!?!?

I don't know if many people noticed this tidbit: player pensions were tripled! For those that think this is nothing, generous pensions are bankrupting GM and Ford right now...
Good god; the players win again! Now that's Goodenow! To be able to pull this out of the owners when painting himself already in a pretty small corner... impressive!!

EDIT:
it was in the TSN broadcast by Bob Mackenzie when talking to Meeham. today. The link is on the main page at www.tsn.ca/nhl
They don't mention much about it either though. I wonder what were the old pensions though but still... Tripling??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->