News Article: [TSN]:SENS remain in the mix for Duchene

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Sounds promising, but if Duchene was to come in to replace Turris should we not manage to re-sign him, that would be one heck of a lateral move. Dorion should be working hard to make the two of them our 1a and 1b centers long term, otherwise there isn't much of a point.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Ideally if we were to acquire Duchene it would be with Turris retained as well. Swapping out Turris for Duchene is a minor upgrade, lateral even

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
I think getting Duchene and losing Turris would, in terms of the direct in-and-out change on paper, make the Sens better.

But Turris knows his team mates on the Sens well, plays Boucher's system well, adapts to changes to the team well, and he hasn't complained or given up when seasons haven't been going well for us.

Its important to try to keep Turris if keeping him isn't going to cost the Sens one of the few players who are more important to the team than Turris is.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Sounds promising, but if Duchene was to come in to replace Turris should we not manage to re-sign him, that would be one heck of a lateral move. Dorion should be working hard to make the two of them our 1a and 1b centers long term, otherwise there isn't much of a point.

It's not a lateral move if he's brought in because re-signing Turris isn't in the cards. That's like the only reason to make the trade with the state of our salary structure and Turris+Brassard already down the middle because Duchene would be filling the gap left by Turris in 2018-19, coincidentally the same year we'd be trying to convince Karlsson to stay with the Senators.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa

I guess scouts from Sens (two scouts) are watching from home :sarcasm:

On a dodgy 240p stream they managed to scrounge up.

I'm not sure the Sens are a fit for Duchene, I'm not sure what we have (that we'd be willing to part with) that would be of interest.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Me too.

Avs are gunning for Chabot, so I would guess it's Turris + Chabot for Duchene. I sure as hell won't even consider that, but who knows with Dorion.

There's no way in hell that they're asking for both Chabot and Turris, and if they are, Dorion would never even consider it.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
What kind of value would Turris even have to the worst team in the league with not much chance of making the playoffs or convincing Turris to sign long term.

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
Tim & Sid talked about Ottawa's interest in Duchene...
Sid said something like "They're not really interested. But somebody is obviously messing with the Habs at the beginning of training camp to remind everybody that there was a center available and they didn't get him, to remind them of failure in preseason instead of hope. All of the radio shows in Montreal are now buzzing about Matt Duchene now instead of the start of the Habs season, increasing pressure on Bergevin. Plus, probably get involved in negotiations to drive up the price assuming that the Habs are still trying to get him."

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Tim & Sid talked about Ottawa's interest in Duchene...
Sid said something like "They're not really interested. But somebody is obviously messing with the Habs at the beginning of training camp to remind everybody that there was a center available and they didn't get him, to remind them of failure in preseason instead of hope. All of the radio shows in Montreal are now buzzing about Matt Duchene now instead of the start of the Habs season, increasing pressure on Bergevin. Plus, probably get involved in negotiations to drive up the price assuming that the Habs are still trying to get him."

Tim and Sid? Oh my. Would never think to put Tim and Sid and trentmccleary in the same sentence. But there you have it.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
If it costs Ceci or Chabot I'm not interested.

Can't tear a hole in the defense to patch one up front.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Trent, if you're suggesting Dorion is yo-yoing Chabot in front of Sakic to aggravate other teams, I'm on board.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
If Turris wants term the team should definitely reward him with it for being underpaid the last 4 years.

Extend Turris 7*5.5 Turris gets security, sens get a low caphit. You already know turris has the work ethic to be a great player into his mid thirties

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
If Turris wants term the team should definitely reward him with it for being underpaid the last 4 years.

Extend Turris 7*5.5 Turris gets security, sens get a low caphit. You already know turris has the work ethic to be a great player into his mid thirties

If Turris were willing to accept this id imagine it would already be done.

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
Ryan 2.0

Overpay in trade.

Forced to overpay in re-signing.

Under performs.

That is exactly how i feel about this. Part of me wants to see Duchene is an Ottawa uni and the other part of me wants nothing to do with it because i can see it being Bobby Ryan all over again.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
He signed the contract, i dont see why he needs to be compansated for anything. Its not like overpaid players like say Bobby Ryan give you a great deal on their next contract because they were overpaid for years. Sign him for what hes worth and the market dictates if you want to keep him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad