TSN says "games will be played"

Status
Not open for further replies.

dedalus

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
futurcorerock said:
Bad if you're a flyers fan. I've never laughed harder at philly chokejobs. It helped make the Super Bowl more fun for me
Nothing will ever compare to the Yankees's record-setting choke. Bwaaaaahahahahahaha!

Crows*

The Yankees choke last year was the biggest choke in sports history. :yo:

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
And for all those who disagree, I'm sorry but Jon Stewart, Jay Leno, et al are going to have a field day if the season is un-canceled.

uhhh, right...and that's such an incredibly frightening prospect because...? who the eff cares about those guys. they'd get one cheap laugh and then people forget about what was said and move on. a lot less damage to the NHL than if a season stays completely canceled IMO.

i don't really have any hope that the season will be resurrected but i'm just saying...

I disagree. Not only has this cancelation gotten sports stations in the US talking, it also opens the door for the PA to save face.

you know, i think the lockout in some ways has actually gotten the NHL MORE press than it would usually get. especially since the season has been canceled. it's being talked about on sportsradio, etc etc, all the time. that's not gonna keep up for very long of course but in an odd way i think the lockout has actually made some people more aware of hockey than they were before. doesn't mean they're gonna start watching if hockey comes back or anything...but it's just that hockey actually seems to be getting more press locked out than when it's actually on :shakehead

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
dedalus said:
Nothing will ever compare to the Yankees's record-setting choke. Bwaaaaahahahahahaha!

Good point, that was very enjoyable. :D

Anyway, lets get this thread back on topic.

Anksun

Dec 13, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
THEY JUST WONT STOP??

It's like a murderer who feel the victim as not suffered enough!!
Wednesday he hit with a knife, today he take the knife out and tomorrow he's gonna re-hit. For every hockey fan in the world, PLEASE make him UNDER-ARRESTED before he start hitting like a machine.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Otter said:
It isn't as if anyone just reads a thread title and starts planning their weekend around it. the heading is close enough to what they are trying to say.

I am so very tired of hope.

To quote Team America..

Sometimes hope is all we have...

:lol

stargazer21

Feb 18, 2005
I know I'm new here, and you guys will take this with a bigger grain of salt than most of the rumours flying around...but I just wanted to share a tidbit of info from Texas.

Guerin was supposed to be signing autographs at an annual event held by our sports station today (The Ticket).

Now, the guys who are on right now are saying that at the last minute, Guerin called at the last minute and said he had to fly out of town on urgent business. Said he couldn't say why...yet. I know what you're thinking "He just couldn't take the heat and bailed". But Guerin has never bailed out on interviews with Bob and Dan. Even when the Stars were taking all kinds of crap, he would do the interviews when he said he would, no matter how tough they were.

Also, these 2 guys (Bob Sturm and Dan McDowell) are big hockey fans. Bob is a HUGE fan. They are pretty much the only guys who'll talk hockey here in the DFW area. Bob is a complete mess over all this, and I really don't think he would just be making this up for ratings...he's as upset as we are.

So, take it for what it's worth. I had managed to tear myself away from ESPN, and the damn computer for the first time in 2 days...and here I am (and registered! LOL!)

(Also, Jason Arnott came in with about 15 minutes notice and is filling in for Guerin. Wouldn't have expected that from him.)

davidwii

Jan 20, 2005
mooseOAK said:
This does have a bit of Monty Python feel to it. The body is being carried out while saying "I'm not dead yet!".

:lol: :handclap: :yo: :bow:

deadcollector.jpg

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
Anksun said:
THEY JUST WONT STOP??

It's like a murderer who feel the victim as not suffered enough!!
Wednesday he hit with a knife, today he take the knife out and tomorrow he's gonna re-hit. For every hockey fan in the world, PLEASE make him UNDER-ARRESTED before he start hitting like a machine.

Ah, somebody gets my analogy :D

This rollercoaster just gets worse and worse. It's so agonizing

MmmBacon

Dec 2, 2004
dedalus said:
And for all those who disagree, I'm sorry but Jon Stewart, Jay Leno, et al are going to have a field day if the season is un-canceled.

As far as the NHL is concerned, that's probably a good thing. It's the only non-Bertuzzi publicity they've gotten to a mainstream U.S. audience in the past year, even if it is kind of screwy.

Filiatron

Feb 18, 2005
I really thought that I'd get some closure when the season was cancelled. Why can't I let go? :dunno:

Flyers Hockey

Feb 17, 2005
stargazer21 said:
I know I'm new here, and you guys will take this with a bigger grain of salt than most of the rumours flying around...but I just wanted to share a tidbit of info from Texas.

Guerin was supposed to be signing autographs at an annual event held by our sports station today (The Ticket).

Now, the guys who are on right now are saying that at the last minute, Guerin called at the last minute and said he had to fly out of town on urgent business. Said he couldn't say why...yet. I know what you're thinking "He just couldn't take the heat and bailed". But Guerin has never bailed out on interviews with Bob and Dan. Even when the Stars were taking all kinds of crap, he would do the interviews when he said he would, no matter how tough they were.

Also, these 2 guys (Bob Sturm and Dan McDowell) are big hockey fans. Bob is a HUGE fan. They are pretty much the only guys who'll talk hockey here in the DFW area. Bob is a complete mess over all this, and I really don't think he would just be making this up for ratings...he's as upset as we are.

So, take it for what it's worth. I had managed to tear myself away from ESPN, and the damn computer for the first time in 2 days...and here I am (and registered! LOL!)

(Also, Jason Arnott came in with about 15 minutes notice and is filling in for Guerin. Wouldn't have expected that from him.)
Are you Eklund's source ? He just posted mthe same thing on his blog.

HABitual

Mar 1, 2002
Kirkland Lake, Ontar
Visit site
As far as I'm concerned, TSN is being very unprofessional by speculating about there being a season salvaged any time soon. They are only getting hopes up unnecessarily as there is no guarantee there will be a season this winter/spring and if there were, the NHL would look extremely foolish to "uncancel" a cancelled season. I just can't see the NHL and NHLPA working out a legitimate deal any time soon. There's just too much disagreement over the salary cap at this point.

Otter

HABitual said:
As far as I'm concerned, TSN is being very unprofessional by speculating about there being a season salvaged any time soon. They are only getting hopes up unnecessarily as there is no guarantee there will be a season this winter/spring and if there were, the NHL would look extremely foolish to "uncancel" a cancelled season. I just can't see the NHL and NHLPA working out a legitimate deal any time soon. There's just too much disagreement over the salary cap at this point.

Sorry. I will not be taking you seriously until you fix your dress.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Chorus
Quit playing games with my heart
Before you tear us apart (with my heart)
I should've know from the start
You know you've gotta stop (from my heart)
You're tearing us apart (my heart)

MissTeeks

Feb 1, 2005
Calgary, AB
slats432 said:
Chorus
Before you tear us apart (with my heart)
I should've know from the start
You know you've gotta stop (from my heart)
You're tearing us apart (my heart)

The Backstreet Boys! That is gold! :)

stargazer21

Feb 18, 2005
Flyers Hockey said:
Are you Eklund's source ? He just posted mthe same thing on his blog.

Ummm...I don't know who Eklund is, but from what I've heard here, that's not a compliment, is it?

To answer your question, no. I'm just a woman in the Dallas area who's supposed to be getting ready for a fundraising event tonight for my Kiddo's school. Instead, I'm listening to the Ticket and sharing in not being put out of my misery with other fans. :)

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
stargazer21 said:

Yep I heard the same thing. 1st time Guerin has bailed on an interview with BAD Radio(Bob And Dan) that I know of, so take it whatever way you want to take it.

Leafer4Life

Go Leafs Go!
Oct 4, 2002
Owen Sound,Ontario
www.facebook.com
stargazer21 said:
Ummm...I don't know who Eklund is, but from what I've heard here, that's not a compliment, is it?

To answer your question, no. I'm just a woman in the Dallas area who's supposed to be getting ready for a fundraising event tonight for my Kiddo's school. Instead, I'm listening to the Ticket and sharing in not being put out of my misery with other fans. :)

Welcome to hfboards! I'll pm you the link to Eklund's blog.........

Flyers Hockey

Feb 17, 2005
stargazer21 said:

I was just joking with you. Thanks for the report.

ResidentAlien*

stargazer21 said:

hmm..you sound hot..

:joker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad