TSN: Rob Shremp feature (u have to see this move)

Lanny MacDonald*

Some great hands displayed there. Now think about all the time he spent working on those hot dog moves. Now think of all the time he COULD have been used working on his skating? Until Schremp proves he can skate with NHL players and play a solid two way game, he won't get a sniff of the show. Some are raving about what a guy he is to try this stuff in front of his "bosses", but you have to question his brains for trying this stuff in front of his "bosses" who are more than concerned about his lack of skating ability and refusal to work with the assigned power skating instructor. All those stories of Schremp's attitude just got hammered home with a huge exclamation mark with that piece. There is no "I" in "TEAM", but Schremp readily points out there is an "M" and an "E", and that spells "ME".

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
Some great hands displayed there. Now think about all the time he spent working on those hot dog moves. Now think of all the time he COULD have been used working on his skating? Until Schremp proves he can skate with NHL players and play a solid two way game, he won't get a sniff of the show. Some are raving about what a guy he is to try this stuff in front of his "bosses", but you have to question his brains for trying this stuff in front of his "bosses" who are more than concerned about his lack of skating ability and refusal to work with the assigned power skating instructor. All those stories of Schremp's attitude just got hammered home with a huge exclamation mark with that piece. There is no "I" in "TEAM", but Schremp readily points out there is an "M" and an "E", and that spells "ME".

You do realize that this was at a charity event right? He was putting on a show during intermission. Get off the kids back, The kid has an awesome set of hands and isnt afraid to show it. As far as him showing his "ME" attitude as you called it , you must have missed the part in the video where e said there was no way he would even attempt in a game because he knows hed get benched for it. Sounds like a real me attitude. Had he said Ill try it in a game I dont care about the consequences thats a different story. It was a show off move in a show off atmosphere. No big deal really.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
To everyone that claims that they can do this move, or that a myriad of players in their beer league can do this move, put your money where your mouth is and take a camera to your rink, tape it, and post it for all to see. I guarantee you that even if you can do it, it won't be anywhere near as fluid and it will more than likely be edited out of 100 failed attempts.

That entire video is an absolutely amazing display of world class hand eye coordination. Like it or not, hand eye is one of the most important skills a hockey player can have, and luckily for Rob he has a boatload of it.

For those of you comparing Schremp to Hisey and other guys with "sick" hands, do yourself a favor and look at stats and other things as well. Hisey managed 96 points as a 20 year old in the OHL. Schremp had 145. Hisey went undrafted. Schremp was taken in the first round.

The bottom line is that, in spite of all of his shortcomings, Rob Schremp is more than just a set of hands. I really hope he meets his potential and shuts all of you fools up.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA

I hate those ME guys who are always at those charity events.

likeavoss

Jan 15, 2006
Sherwood Park
What a joke. The final rookie game that the team uses to evaluate talent, and Schremp was there out of the goodness of his heart.

:amazed:

What? Schremp's going to have to shine in actual TRAINING CAMP if he wants to make this team, not a meaningless Bears vs. Rookies game. :confused:

I love how you act like you know what you're talking about, though. Keep up the good work. :thumbu:

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
"... Some are raving about what a guy he is to try this stuff in front of his "bosses", but you have to question his brains for trying this stuff in front of his "bosses...

Yeah he probably should have been wearing a resistance chute and came flying in and not even shot the puck and then backchecked like crazy.

It was a freaking Charity event during the intermission of a rookie game :eek:

:deadhorse :pillow: :cf: is what this thread has become

RUSqueelin*

Nov 2, 2005
Yeah he probably should have been wearing a resistance chute and came flying in and not even shot the puck and then backchecked like crazy.

It was a freaking Charity event during the intermission of a rookie game :eek:

:deadhorse :pillow: :cf: is what this thread has become

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :clap:

That was classic.

Perhaps he should have also had his skating coach barking instructions at him on how to skate properly. Gotta impress those bosses! (and the insane HFboard posters)

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
So a short little peice about a kid who can do impressive things with a hockey puck and a golf ball gets five pages of people arguing? Anyone who has anything negative to say about that video clip really needs to get a grip. He was clowning around for the cameras. Most people like to be entertained. I'm sorry you are so miserable that you can't allow yourselves to have a laugh at some pretty nifty moves.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

I prefer my hockey players to showcase defensive awarness and true grit during shootouts. There is nothing wrong with that.:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad