TSN Reporting hard/soft cap of 42 Mil rejected by PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPARTAKUS*

The NHL is playing some sick joke on us. Please NHL just cancelled the damn season. It's over. The only thing the owners are interesting in is to bust the union, the want to make the players say We are sorry we gave up you win. That's sad. The next time we NHL hockey Oct. 2006.

rwilson99

I am absolutely sick.

If the players reject a deal, which essentially freezes salary totals at current rates so 25 players like Pronger, Holik, Jagr et al can make 6 Million+ they don't care about their rank and file players and they don't care about the game.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
the usernames are like tlinden and tsaskin

now figure out the random passwords guys!

Feb 24, 2004
buce said:
No way Comrade Goodenow will allow a vote. He'll lose that one, so he'll do what any good communist will do...act like a dictator and not allow a free vote.

What would happen if Bettman put the PA's offer to a vote? I'm sure that 8-12 teams would accept it.

You're of the philosophy that because the NHL employs the players, the players should agree to anything the league tables? Why can't the League curb their own spending?

Lundmark17

Mar 3, 2004
buce said:
I live in downtown Toronto...how in the world could I not be near it. No hockey is killing me. Hockey is as much as religion to me, but I don't believe in union punks dictating to owners. I'll take the hit to stick it to the greedy delusional players. I hope they enjoy playing in some crapy Siberian outpost next year. Most of the other leagues have a 2 foreign player minimum. Where o Where are these jerks going to play. A year in the ECHL will make that last NHL offer look pretty sweet.

I hate to break it to you but there is hockey all around you. Go watch the Majors play in the OHL, or watch the AHL when Sportsnet airs it. If these guys are such jerks, watch another league and don't support them when they come back to play.

I'll believe this proposal when I see it. Over the past few weeks we have heard of many different proposals and none (that we officially know of) have been remotely true. So unless the PA or the NHL publically shows their proposals it's tough to believe.

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
WTF!?

I just tried and I got the username Al Roker!

the fat news guy!

he's in with the PA!

!

it's changed now

Account #1
Ratman

Alfreddson :lol

vanlady

Nov 3, 2004
SuperNintendoChalmrs said:
I also ended up with the Al Roker username.

:amazed:

You have been tagged. UH OH. Any network engineer worth there salt creates a user name to catch hackers.

Crows*

SSJTOM said:
WTF!?

I just tried and I got the username Al Roker!

the fat news guy!

he's in with the PA!

!

it's changed now

Account #1
Ratman

Alfreddson :lol

LOL RATMAN That's the one I made when I tried to access the site :lol

bladoww

Team of the Future
Jan 13, 2005
I know I'm way too optimistic, but I'm still not convinced that this was even a legit proposal. Anyway's check out this article if you haven't already... still a glimmer of hope for those of us that have any left (which I know isn't alot). :shakehead

Read this.

Daly:
"We're going to continue to keep quiet on the status and substance of negotiations."

Lionel Hutz

Apr 13, 2004
Locking the Lounge??
bladoww said:
I know I'm way too optimistic, but I'm still not convinced that this was even a legit proposal. Anyway's check out this article if you haven't already... still a glimmer of hope for those of us that have any left (which I know isn't alot). :shakehead

Read this.

Daly:

Who the hell is Andrew?

bladoww

Team of the Future
Jan 13, 2005
Ah, thanks.

Yeah I know... sorry bout that. I had gotten off of some other board a while back I think. Whoever runs it seems to stay away from the outlandish rumors and gossip, seems to stick to the facts a bit more. If you go to the home page there's the archived articles and whatnot.

Lionel Hutz

Apr 13, 2004
Locking the Lounge??
bladoww said:
Yeah I know... sorry bout that. I had gotten off of some other board a while back I think. Whoever runs it seems to stay away from the outlandish rumors and gossip, seems to stick to the facts a bit more. If you go to the home page there's the archived articles and whatnot.

Well, it was an interesting read. Some stuff not on the major news sites (that I've seen).

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
that quote is legit, as it's included in yahoo's report, which came directly from an email sent from daly to the AP. daly goes on to say that whatever plans for a meeting tomorrow have been scrapped :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad