TSN Reporting hard/soft cap of 42 Mil rejected by PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
Bob Mackenzie just said it on the 10:30 panel...

hw basically said that hes recieved word that ALL salaries were still linked to a 54% of revenues and that a hard cap of 42 mil was set... there was some wiggle room that softened it, but the players rejected it.

Saskin has already released a message saying that there "still remains signifigant philisophical differences. There are no meetings planned"

Doesnt look good.

more to come...

(pls note: Im editing as I update, and I dont have ALL the info... it was a quick clip.. so if im wrong on stuff, pls forgive... but the 42 Mil number and the Saskin statement are for sure accurate. Thanks)

Last edited:

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
no13matssundin said:
Bob Mackenzie just said it on the 10:30 panel...

hw basically said that hes recieved word that ALL salaries were still linked to a 54% of revenues and that a hard cap of 42 mil was set... there was wiggle room, but the players rejected it.

Saskin has already released a message saying that there "still remains signifigant philisophical differences. There are no meetings planned"

Doesnt look good.

more to come...

God, no luxury tax or anything. More of the same from the owners, can't say I'm overly surprised. At least it didn't include that stupid cap in individual player salaries like TSN was reporting earlier.

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
The owners have now proved they do not want a season played. This is not the creative proposal that daly was talking about this is more of the same. Wow they went up 3 million dollars from there last proposal a month ago

This thing is going to end up in court and the owners are going to have a tough time winning.

What a shame but at least baseball season is not to far away.

buce

Jan 25, 2005
Toronto
I guess the players don't want to play after all. Good luck in Europe you greedy pukes.

I'm glad the owners didn't cave. I couldn't stand the smug look on the ******* player's faces if they did.

Long Live Bobby Clarke!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I really find it hard to beleive that this is the owners best offer.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
buce said:
I guess the players don't want to play after all. Good luck in Europe you greedy pukes.

I'm glad the owners didn't cave. I couldn't stand the smug look on the ******* player's faces if they did.

Long Live Bobby Clarke!

Well when NHL hockey does come back, just make sure you're no where near it since you so don't care.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
The NHLPA should put it to a vote of the players and see what happens. If the player still aren't happy then reject it. Having a vote and rejecting can only strengthen their position.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
me2 said:
The NHLPA should put it to a vote of the players and see what happens. If the player still aren't happy then reject it. Having a vote and rejecting can only strengthen their position.

I completely agree.

CarlRacki

Feb 9, 2004
Son of Steinbrenner said:
The owners have now proved they do not want a season played. This is not the creative proposal that daly was talking about this is more of the same. Wow they went up 3 million dollars from there last proposal a month ago

This thing is going to end up in court and the owners are going to have a tough time winning.

What a shame but at least baseball season is not to far away.

While I'm disappointed the owners didn't show a little more creativity here, there were concessions in this.
-- A $42 million cap ensures players up to 60 percent of stated revenues, up from 54 percent in previous offer. NBA players get about 57 percent.
-- At a $42 million cap, the average player salary is $1.75 million, up from $1.6 million in the previous offer. The current average salary is about $1.8 million

buce

Jan 25, 2005
Toronto
go kim johnsson said:
Well when NHL hockey does come back, just make sure you're no where near it since you so don't care.

I live in downtown Toronto...how in the world could I not be near it. No hockey is killing me. Hockey is as much as religion to me, but I don't believe in union punks dictating to owners. I'll take the hit to stick it to the greedy delusional players. I hope they enjoy playing in some crapy Siberian outpost next year. Most of the other leagues have a 2 foreign player minimum. Where o Where are these jerks going to play. A year in the ECHL will make that last NHL offer look pretty sweet.

buce

Jan 25, 2005
Toronto
me2 said:

No way Comrade Goodenow will allow a vote. He'll lose that one, so he'll do what any good communist will do...act like a dictator and not allow a free vote.

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
CarlRacki said:
While I'm disappointed the owners didn't show a little more creativity here, there were concessions in this.
-- A $42 million cap ensures players up to 60 percent of stated revenues, up from 54 percent in previous offer. NBA players get about 57 percent.
-- At a $42 million cap, the average player salary is $1.75 million, up from $1.6 million in the previous offer. The current average salary is about $1.8 million

Look at the median salary ($850k), not the bloated average.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
Cawz said:
Just call the help line at the bottom of the page, and pretend to be Andreas Lilja.

"Hello, PA offices"

"Um, hi, im...uh... Andreas Lilja and I, uh, lost my password"

"Ok, Andreas, one question.. are you white or black?"

"Uh, yes... I mean, wait.. no... wait... uh,... im ...uh... im Andreas... uh.. *CLICK*

:)

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
go kim johnsson said:
A statement that seems to apply as much to the players as to anyone.

I can't say I'm surprised, but I'm very disappointed. I don't see what else the league can do. It just goes to show how out of touch with reality the players are. It's sad that they can't clue in enough to realize that things have to change (if they have realized this, they haven't done anything to show as much).

I have to give the players credit for one thing, though - they've held in. Their baseless greed sees to that.

CarlRacki

Feb 9, 2004
Schlep Rock said:
Look at the median salary ($850k), not the bloated average.

Isn't it painfully obvious by now that this lockout isn't about the guy making anywhere close to the median salary?
Regardless, if the cap is up $3.5 million per team (or much more, according to some reports), that's going to raise the median salary as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad