TSN: TSN radio reporting Pro Scout meeting

Hemlor

Jan 27, 2007
Chill out guys... Beside the trade deadline of last season, how many trades have we seen in the entire NHL since the start of last season ?... People around here thinking that MB could make 5 moves a year are not thinking clearly... No one making trades... LA just lost their last 4 games.. Are they going to trade just for the sake of it ?... Do their fans blame their GM for that ? ... Every team have problems during the course of a season yet, we don't see much trades in the NHL these days.. What's wrong with some of you ? ...

What?! Logic, sane comments? Get those type of thoughts out of your head, and especially off a Habs board! You should be banned! Moderators!!!!

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Mb wont do any move unless it's a minor one, that is unless Molson demands it. One of the things mb has been trying to promote is patience. So its up to Molson for any significant change, I think.

Trying to make a move under duress usually does not end up very well, though.

yeah, got a room full who tuned out the coach...minor trade will perk them all up ...lol;)

There is a situation happening in front of your eyes,that isnt minor anymore....It might have started as a grass fire,but now it's a forest fire.....

4wins 13 loss figure it out ....where heading for total melt down,trading a few players won't do any good....like replacing Martin with Cunnyworth,.

Price is cold (0-3-0, 6.24, .822 in last 3 GPI).

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
No, he is not. Sherman is still the GM over there. Roy have his say over personel movement, though. That's what he wanted in Montreal. he did not want the GM job, and the administrative tasks related to that position, just the hockey development side of it.

Sherman handles contracts as far as anyone can tell. Sakic and Roy run hockey operations right now.

habitue*

Sherman handles contracts as far as anyone can tell. Sakic and Roy run hockey operations right now.

When Bergevin got the GM job, there was no one (and still doesn't) like Sakic over him. If Molson would had wanted that, he would had hire Julien Brisebois to take care of the $$$$ and Roy of the players management.

I am sure Roy would not had accepted to have a guy like Briere in his line up this year.

Markowicz

Simple Jacques
Feb 27, 2009
I'm okay with trades of any kind as long as we don't take back problematic contracts. The team is still, as I've said all along, nowhere near good enough to compete for a cup, and a re-build of sorts would be welcomed by me.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Just to be sure....was it for sure known as an "EMERGENCY" meeting? Or just a meeting? 'Cause those things called meetings happens quite frequently.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
You have too much imagination. We are talking about getting PAP, here. Not Stastny or Talbot.

Statsny might be born in QC, but he is playing for the US team ion International competition. That's where he learned his hockey and lives all his life.

players or coach?
ufa PLAYER OPINION.

And Dave Stubbs in The Gazette recognized, “Therrien has fans and detractors in equal numbers, quite possibly more of the latter.” He added, “One prominent unrestricted free agent I’ve spoken with since regular-season’s end could be a nice fit in Montreal at a decent price and would fill a Habs need. But then I floated the name of Therrien among potential Canadiens coaches, a suggestion that drew 30 seconds of stone-cold silence. Finally: ‘If that happens,’ he said, ‘I’ve got 29 teams I can play for.’”

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I am sure Roy would not had accepted to have a guy like Briere in his line up this year.

We don't know that. I'm a Roy fan. And wished we would have had him instead. But while it's is FAR from being as bad as far as money wise is concerned, I would bet you that Roy is the one that got Cliche this year. And if he would have done it here....just after "who the **** is this guy", we would have a "We had to fill out the franco ratio"....

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
players or coach?
ufa PLAYER OPINION.

To add fuel tot he fire. Pierre McGuire (like him or not) is well connected in the NHL, said on Melnyk that had Montreal not hired him, there was ZERO interest in him from ANY other team in the NHL.

Thank God he was french or he'd still be on AC bashing PK...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So is this meeting over or what?

Looks like it.

Pro Scouts recommended an Alexander Amosu Vanquish II Bespoke suit and urged Bergevin to ditch his Hugo Boss collection -- bad karma.

They also thought he should try a different hairstylist.

Also, future tv commercials starring MB should be for luxury car brands only. :sarcasm:

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Hard to get accurate information between you and WestIslander.

Sergio Momesso said that he spoke with Mellanby who told Momesso that the Habs management have scheduled an emergency pro-scout meeting for the next couple of days.

Momesso is speculating, which is based on nothing but his own opinion, that the Canadiens might be looking to make a move. He said in his own opinion, if the habs had to move players, they would probably move Gionta, Bourque, Eller, Gorges, Briere, Leblanc.

It would make no sense for them to move Leblanc or Eller. LeBlanc gives them a cheap NHL ready player with some upside plus a RW(where they have a need). Eller is having a down year so it would be trading him with his value low, plus he can probably be re-signed cheaper than what it would ahve cost last summer. The others, I can see it...though Gorges makes little sense, Diaz or Bouillon or Murray make a lot more sense to make room for Beaulieu Tinordi Pateryn and Nygren.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
It would make no sense for them to move Leblanc or Eller. LeBlanc gives them a cheap NHL ready player with some upside plus a RW(where they have a need). Eller is having a down year so it would be trading him with his value low, plus he can probably be re-signed cheaper than what it would ahve cost last summer. The others, I can see it...though Gorges makes little sense, Diaz or Bouillon or Murray make a lot more sense to make room for Beaulieu Tinordi Pateryn and Nygren.

If they can get him signed to the same deal they gave DD... :amazed:

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
The only thing I can logically think of is something like this.

Eller + Markov + Leblanc + Gorges? + Picks/Prospects (if needed) for Ryan O'Reilly and Tyson Barrie or Stefan Elliott.

O'reilly has a brutal contract, no way I'd pay that much for him.

At 4.5-4.75 mil O'reilly is a real nice player, not at 6.5 mil. He would throw the salary structure out of whack, all for a 50 point guy.

As much as Eller sucks this year, he will be a cheap RFA and nearly as good as O'reilly if he bounces back.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm

The official word from the Avalanche is that Roy handle trade talks, Sakic has final say regarding any hockey related decision, that involes trades though.

(Safe to say that Sherman is nothing more than the cap-guy these days, he probably always was too, Lacroix and his son ran the team before)

habitue*

That's the one making most sense. Gorges has still some value in the NHL. A guy like Parenteau - who can play on a top-six, top-nine for sure, is about the right value in a trade.

We have too many left d-men in the system. It would finally give a chance to Beaulieu and Tinordi, even Emelin to play on left side.

MathMan

Jan 20, 2006
Or he could ride out this slump that they go through every year. Why make any panic moves at all? And can you justify your speculation that he has lost his team?

Because this isn't a momentary slump. The team has played poorly since November and Price can't paper over it anymore. This is a Leafs-style tailspin that might well make them sink just enough to land just out of the playoffs.

There's a lot of people who overreact to any losing streak, true, but this losing streak is still symptomatic of a longer trend that started even while the Habs were in that ten-game point streak. The Habs will win again, maybe even tomorrow, but that won't necessarily mean the problems are solved.

The long-term trend is a lot more worrisome than three bad games in a row.

That said, I don't believe a shakeup trade is the solution and I don't trust MB not to package a valuable player with futures to acquire a guy who's more highly regarded, more expensive, and worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->