TSN: TSN radio reporting Pro Scout meeting

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
What an awesome scene!

Terribly underwhelming movie though. Kevin Costner sucks.

If Eller or Gallagher (etc) get traded, I will lose my mind.

Gorges for PAP sounds fine, Gionta should go. That's about it for player movement. No need to ship anyone else off too hastily.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Yeah...

This team has been good enough to FINISH FIRST in the recent years,but there destined to make sure this is a 10 YEAR REBUILD that doesn't even need to happen.

Trading away players isnt the issue.....you can bring in any top name here,and that doesn't change the conflict in the room.

Trading away good talent at this stage,you're GETTING LOW VALUE.....and in the panic you do deals like Mike RIBERIO FOR JANNE NIMMINA TYPE DEALS or Scott Gomez for Ryan McDounagh....

So if the plan is to start tradin away players, for the new guys to play for this same coach,say hello to rebuilding in 2021 .

Last edited:

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Just want to point out for those who don't know that there's a roster freeze from Feb 7-23.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
We should merge you two and have the ideal poster, not too optimistic, not too pessimistic. :sarcasm:
I'm not a pessimist - I was defending rational progression under Gainey up until his last couple of seasons of senility. And then also for the post-Martin Gauthier where it was clear we were tanking but everybody was butthurt and wanted Goat's head because Dave Stubbs reported that Spacek was annoyed that he couldn't eat cheese.

With Bergevin it's different though - he came in a golden god into a great, not perfect but great, situation. Very talented young team, lots of assets, unlimited budget and the media and fans on his side.

He's proceeded to piss in all our faces all the while he's metamorphosed into Bob Gainey. I literally cannot see the difference between the two. Passive, arrogant ****wits.
This is nothing but a mild mediocrity era I lived through the Houle debacle or the many "genius" moves of Serge Savard.
A decade plus of this nonsense. This unprofessional, half-assed nonsense. And Serge 'lurch' Savard is the genius who hired Bergevin. So his legacy lives on, in a way.

I hope his investment company is indicted for treason, or something. Lurch saddled us with Bergevin, that's criminal enough... give him the chair!

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Just want to point out for those who don't know that there's a roster freeze from Feb 7-23.

Habs scouted AVS hard this year remember?

They know who it is they want.

Now Max Talbot is with Avs too...Therrien likes him eh,,...

Gallagher for Talbot.;)

habitue*

Hard to get accurate information between you and WestIslander.

Sergio Momesso said that he spoke with Mellanby who told Momesso that the Habs management have scheduled an emergency pro-scout meeting for the next couple of days.

Momesso is speculating, which is based on nothing but his own opinion, that the Canadiens might be looking to make a move. He said in his own opinion, if the habs had to move players, they would probably move Gionta, Bourque, Eller, Gorges, Briere, Leblanc.

They can trade the rest BUT him. Add Diaz to that list, maybe. 17-18 million $ of crap.

Bergevin, so far, has not been fleeced in a trade. He did not make many. Cole for Ryder was fine. Drewiske and Parros for picks, that's ok.

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
They can trade the rest BUT him.

Agreed, really hope they don't give up on him. He looks so good with Pacioretty on the pk when they play together, I wish DD would get hurt and we could see that combo 5on5. Now you get a guy like Chris Stewart to play RW on this line and it'll be a pretty heavy one... And now I wake up!

Hemlor

Jan 27, 2007
MB is losing control of this team.

A simple coaching change would do the trick for now. No need to make panic trades. I'm just fine with dealing Gorges but if you do that you'd better get a replacement in return because our D is thin enough as it is.

And we shouldn't even be thinking about dealing Eller. That would be a huge step back for us. Some team is going to rip us off for him though. I know it.

Or he could ride out this slump that they go through every year. Why make any panic moves at all? And can you justify your speculation that he has lost his team?

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Yeah...

This team has been good enough to FINISH FIRST in the recent years,but there destined to make sure this is a 10 YEAR REBUILD that doesn't even need to happen.

Trading away players isnt the issue.....you can bring in any top name here,and that doesn't change the conflict in the room.

Trading away good talent at this stage,you're GETTING LOW VALUE.....and in the panic you do deals like Mike RIBERIO FOR JANNE NIMMINA TYPE DEALS or Scott Gomez for Ryan McDounagh....

So if the plan is to start tradin away players, for the new guys to play for this same coach,say hello to rebuilding in 2021 .

Just don't trade away promising young players, it's as easy as that. Draft picks and veterans are easier to move from a management standpoint and are highly sought after by either rebuilding or contending teams.

I'm sure someone would like Anaheim, San Jose or Chicago would take a flyer on Gionta for his experience in the playoffs.

habitue*

Agreed, really hope they don't give up on him. He looks so good with Pacioretty on the pk when they play together, I wish DD would get hurt and we could see that combo 5on5. Now you get a guy like Chris Stewart to play RW on this line and it'll be a pretty heavy one... And now I wake up!

Eller looks good with the two Gally's.

With PAP with DD a nd MaxPac, that EGG line would be reunited eventually (when Galchy is back).

MB needs to find another winger for Plekky.

Puck Luck Run Amok

Oct 26, 2012
The void
Hey guys, I'm going to throw a potential trade theory out of left field here.
I think the reason management spoke to PK before the practice wasn't to necessarily scold him, perhaps it was to alert him of a change. I think that today's rumor involving Gorges & Gionta gives merit to the thought that the Canadiens want a new leadership core in the dressing room for the future of the franchise. Maybe they were communicating that to PK for a potentially drastic shift in the future of this team.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Habs should keep Gionta, it would be a mistake to trade him unless they get a top prospect or 1st round pick.

:amazed:

...if we somehow got a 1st rounder for Gionta, I would seriously run laps around my house naked in celebraton...my kids would probably be mortified, but not nearly as much as the neighbors...:laugh:

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Ladies and gentlemen, Max Talbot your new captain of the Montreal Canadiens

Can ya smell it?

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
If our leadership is traded Plekanec should get serious captaincy consideration. Subban, Pacioretty are possible assistant's.

Lozela

Nov 11, 2010
So wait a minute

They hire this guy to be the big GM and he needs to call a big meeting to pull a move ?

SMH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad