TSN Preview

I can't wait for the Kings to repeat and listen/read a bunch of whiners blaming it on the shortened season. That's right folks.. the Kings are going to win the Stanley cup again. I'm getting my outfit for the parade ready as we speak.

I think it would be cool to see the Kings and Ducks play in the playoffs so I'll root for that match up. The Ducks have a pretty crappy defense though.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
I am happy to have our whole team back and the chemistry it brings this season. The time off with the lock out helps too, but I think this is going to be a crazy season. I'm with coach, just make sure we get in the playoffs and go from there.

BTW.. not sure why Mike Milbury gets so much hate. I know he says some contraversial stuff and some of it is borderline stupid but he always gives his honest opinion and quite frankly, I think he is on the money about a lot of things. Especially his pick for the 2013 Stanley Cup champion! There is nothing better than when him and Pierre Maguire bicker like a couple of school girls. Milbury looks like he is ready to pound in Pierre's shiny head sometimes.

thumbs_up_large.png

Ron*

I can't wait for the Kings to repeat and listen/read a bunch of whiners blaming it on the shortened season. That's right folks.. the Kings are going to win the Stanley cup again. I'm getting my outfit for the parade ready as we speak.

Yup.

Last season's historic run was "fluke" and this championship will not be valid because of the shortened season.

Don't see anyone saying that now...right? Because EVERY team is playing a shortened season. :|

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Ugh, this sense of optimism is filling me with pessimism! I don't think my body is ready to handle being a cup favorite yet, our rise to excellence was too sudden :laugh:

onlyalad

New rule: no goalies.
Jan 13, 2008

I think it would be cool to see the Kings and Ducks play in the playoffs so I'll root for that match up. The Ducks have a pretty crappy defense though.

Have both teams ever made the playoffs in the same year? I dont remember it happening. Kings vs Ducks would be great for SoCal. It might even make the news. It would be bad for me becuase of the Duck Loving Wife. Not going to happen this year. I expect the Ducks to finish near the bottom this year. However with the short season anything could happen

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
Have both teams ever made the playoffs in the same year? I dont remember it happening. Kings vs Ducks would be great for SoCal. It might even make the news. It would be bad for me becuase of the Duck Loving Wife. Not going to happen this year. I expect the Ducks to finish near the bottom this year. However with the short season anything could happen

2010-2011 playoffs was the only year.

Captain Mittens*

I hate the Blues. I went to game 2 of the series last year and never have I seen such whining and excuses from a fanbase. Was so great when the Kings just beat the crap out of them that night.

You need to read NHL talk, the Blues fans on there will make your sides hurt from laughing.

One of the great quotes was that the series was really close and the Blues were in every game.

A section of that fan base is comical

Last edited by a moderator:

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
You need to read NHL talk, the Blues fans on there will make your sides hurt from laughing.

One of the great quotes was that the series was really close and the Blues were in every game.

i was reading through that yesterday and laughing. that was the ONE series that i felt was 1 and done. LA just run through them, over them and around them. the other series were close or tight, but not the STL series. they absolutely came unglued.

it will be interesting to see what happens when LA plays in STl on Feb 11. see if they try and extract some pay back for the hit on Peter

The first 5-10mins of game 1 was the Blues best play during the series. After that, the scores were close but the Kings were on. The only teams that the Kings had some tense moments with were Vancouver and New Jersey.

DeeMeck

Jan 19, 2008
I know I am in the minority...but I am just not sold on St. Louis.

People tout their system similar to the Kings and all, but in my eyes, Elliott and Halak turned in one of the greatest goaltending seasons of all time.

The Blues actual defenseman top to bottom are not top 10 in the league, and most of their forwards are 2-way forwards who get back and clog the middle. Backes, Oshie, and Berglund are all skilled players...but I don't even see how their top 9 forwards are top 10 in the league either.

Elliott crapped the bed against the Kings and the Blues were exposed.

They don't have alot of comeback ability when their team gets behind like the Kings do. They just don't have enough skill up front, and they have to play way outside their system when they are behind.

I just don't see Halak and Elliott duplicating their great performances. 14 shut-outs is insane and they played with a lead alot. When they don't have a lead they are a slightly above average team and the Kings exposed this in the playoffs.

Halak and Elliott will come back to Earth this year, and so will the Blues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad