TSN Overdrive and other Toronto Sports Media V4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Are hockey shows better when there are some actual ex players?

Depends on the former player?

For example - I can't stand listening to Colaiacovo. I listen to Todd Warriner during broadcasts and wonder why they couldn't find anyone else more relevant and informative.

Unlike most, I didn't have a problem with Nick Kypreos. Ray Ferrero's segments on OverDrive are daily must-listens.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Are hockey shows better when there are some actual ex players?

It depends on the player. I find that a lot of them still live in their glory days and constantly bring up how the game was played in their day. Then you get others who have stayed current.

Reactions: OddyOh and AreBe

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
So the point is this- Rogers killed Bob so that they could save the money they had to pay him and so that they could simulcast Tim and Sid nationwide on both the TV and radio networks and the reason why is because Rogers is getting decapitated on its American Association of US Ice Hockey Teams TV deal

It was so sad listening to Sid try to make the case that they were being moved to radio because they're just that good.

I wonder how many crew members from the TV show were let go because they're not needed anymore.

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
Poor Andi, Men are just the worst.
It's a TV simulcast across the country, right? Or at least on Chanel 495 or whatever, right?
It could be broadcast on multiple radio stations and not just 1050, right?

So, the not particularity genius revelation that we all know is that she is eye-candy for the camera and that is in turn causes problems on the radio, in some tedious "the medium is the message" kind of way.

Note this: There are women Leafs fans and women sports fans!

It is wrong for Andi to play the part of the blonde bimbo and she does not play that part as far as I am concerned.

Andi is entitled to a well- reasoned fact based opinion and she can read up in advance, and the producers can give her 10 talking points and go over them with her if they must.

This show should not be something like Stephen A Smith on ESPN morning show or Pardon the Interruption.

In summation: 1, she is eye candy for TV and eye candy has no impact on radio, 2, she is not an idiot and should not play that part, 3, there are women sports-fans and that could be a demographic of some sort that money can be made from 4, She is entitled to well reasoned opinions based on facts and this means she needs to read a bit- 5, I understand it is normal in the talk show business to have researchers and talking points provided to hosts- this can be done for Andi too.

Zizzzzy

Dec 6, 2017
What happened?

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050/leafs-lunch-november-4th-2019-hour-2-1.1392331

Just Andi man shaming all episode. 15:45 is where I wrote that. She starts off the show complaining for 8 minutes about "two losers" that didn't stop to offer her and her friend help getting their bags down. Every guest that she talks to the rest of the show then has it used as the conversation starter... just painful content

"....but I have to say that MEN tend to take advantage of smaller Women...."

Lol, Poulie trying his best to pour water of the fire haha

Reactions: Blowfish

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
https://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050/leafs-lunch-november-4th-2019-hour-2-1.1392331

Just Andi man shaming all episode. 15:45 is where I wrote that. She starts off the show complaining for 8 minutes about "two losers" that didn't stop to offer her and her friend help getting their bags down. Every guest that she talks to the rest of the show then has it used as the conversation starter... just painful content

"....but I have to say that MEN tend to take advantage of smaller Women...."

Lol, Poulie trying his best to pour water of the fire haha

... but did she ask them for help? like.. good gravy.

Eye Test

End the soft perimeter hockey.
Apr 13, 2019
Toronto
Men are so rude for not helping with her bags?

LOL maybe they didn’t even notice her or her bags. Maybe they had somewhere to be? Did she ask them for help? This isn’t 1915 anymore. The Me-to movement also comes with doing stuff yourself and not expecting things done for you. That’s an awful thought process from Andi in 2019.

It would be one thing if she asked them and they were rude to her. Or if she was pregnant and they didn’t help it would be rude but come on now this is just stupid. Also your the damn host of the show start talking hockey we don’t care about your day to day drama.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Men are so rude for not helping with her bags?

LOL maybe they didn’t even notice her or her bags. Maybe they had somewhere to be? Did she ask them for help? This isn’t 1915 anymore. The Me-to movement also comes with doing stuff yourself and not expecting things done for you. That’s an awful thought process from Andi in 2019.

It would be one thing if she asked them and they were rude to her. Or if she was pregnant and they didn’t help it would be rude but come on now this is just stupid. Also your the damn host of the show start talking hockey we don’t care about your day to day drama.

okay there's nothing wrong with being polite. I don't expect anyone to just rush up and grab my bags, or whatever fr me, but i would like to think if someone noticed me struggling they'd help - just like I'd do for someone if i saw them struggling.

(also that's not what the me too movement is at all).

with all of that being said - It sounds like Andi was expecting help and didn't open her mouth. which means tough poop for her.

Eye Test

Apr 13, 2019
Toronto
okay there's nothing wrong with being polite. I don't expect anyone to just rush up and grab my bags, or whatever fr me, but i would like to think if someone noticed me struggling they'd help - just like I'd do for someone if i saw them struggling.

(also that's not what the me too movement is at all).

with all of that being said - It sounds like Andi was expecting help and didn't open her mouth. which means tough poop for her.

Yes because that’s a normal thought process.

Being polite is great but when someone isn’t polite it doesn’t mean they are intentionally being rude to you. It just means they have different values than you do. Some people were never given that opportunity as a kid to learn correct values and shouldn’t be scorned for that. Also men shouldn’t be generalized in that context by her. Especially when she didn’t even ask for help.

The words you bolded are key and I agree. That’s how I view it as well. However it seems Andi doesn’t.

Reactions: Zizzzzy

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Yes because that’s a normal thought process.

Being polite is great but when someone isn’t polite it doesn’t mean they are intentionally being rude to you. It just means they have different values than you do. Some people were never given that opportunity as a kid to learn correct values and shouldn’t be scorned for that. Also men shouldn’t be generalized in that context by her. Especially when she didn’t even ask for help.

The words you bolded are key and I agree. That’s how I view it as well. However it seems Andi doesn’t.

i agree.
(sorry if it sounded like i wasn't or something. i was changing computers and I wanted to finish my thought and i don't think it came out as clear). - but you basically said what i wanted to say. My mom has this saying - not everyone thinks the way you do. so i really try to keep this to heart when something that would offend me - i pause and I go okay but what if where they are from/are/raised that's not the norm? etcc. it just brings a lot of peace of mind.

Andi makes me tired though. i've basically stopped listening to the show because she killed it for me. everyone can whinge about Simmons, and feschuck and whomever all day long, but i'd rather hear them run the show then Andi, because she sucks at it. (and this is someone who really enjoyed her when she hosted the Olympics (before she went Blonde) it's like she had an entire personality change and not for the better.

Eye Test

Apr 13, 2019
Toronto
i agree.
(sorry if it sounded like i wasn't or something. i was changing computers and I wanted to finish my thought and i don't think it came out as clear). - but you basically said what i wanted to say. My mom has this saying - not everyone thinks the way you do. so i really try to keep this to heart when something that would offend me - i pause and I go okay but what if where they are from/are/raised that's not the norm? etcc. it just brings a lot of peace of mind.

Andi makes me tired though. i've basically stopped listening to the show because she killed it for me. everyone can whinge about Simmons, and feschuck and whomever all day long, but i'd rather hear them run the show then Andi, because she sucks at it. (and this is someone who really enjoyed her when she hosted the Olympics (before she went Blonde) it's like she had an entire personality change and not for the better.

Word for word how I feel about pre andi and post Olympic andi.

Also word for word about how i was raised by a single mother who taught me the same philosophy as your mother.

Cheers.

Reactions: Daisy Jane

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Did Feschuk say that US teams watch Leafs Lunch in the US. That seems like a flat out lie.
We can watch Hockey Central on the NHL Network but I do t know how they would watch LL.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
I cutout Leafs Lunch last year when Andi tried recreating the most annoying sound in the world from Dumb and Dumber.

I don’t know how people can still tune into this program.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Not going to lie, it was a bit refreshing to have somebody actually challenge her talking points, be it a bit aggressive. There was a lot of negativity being spun yesterday after the Ovi comments, and I am glad as hell that somebody actually challenged her to validate the **** she was perpetuating as an influencer.

I guess you've never listened to her and Button talk to eachother.

Though to be fair Button is a jerk who attacks anyone with a different opinion to his own.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
It was so sad listening to Sid try to make the case that they were being moved to radio because they're just that good.

I wonder how many crew members from the TV show were let go because they're not needed anymore.

Um I'm pretty sure they aren't leaving TV. 590 needs filler since PTS is gone.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
It boggles my mind how many people in here were Bobcat fans. He was always arrogant in his opinions, admitted coutless times on air that he doesn't like hockey and always had to be the smartest guy in the room. So why would Leaf fans (or hockey fans for that matter) take any stock in his viewpoints about the sport?...

Does anyone remember his cringe inducing commercial about "not caring what anybody thinks" and "if you don't like it, the don't listen" then proceeds to walk across the Roger Centre like he has a pickle lodged up his ass?... Be careful what you wish for, Bob.

Reactions: McRpro

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens
But not frank leo!

It's 2019 andi, carry your own bags.

LOL i cant change the station fast enough when that commercial comes on. It's almost as bad as the Alpine Credits during every radio game broadcast, where the guy keeps rhyming every word with approved. No, Alpine Credit, the commercial didn't work, and I would never use you, solely based on that commercial alone haha.

Reactions: Zizzzzy and Ratboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad