TSN Overdrive and other Toronto Sports Media V4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
i love overdrive.
they don't know jack about anything but hockey, but i appreciate their effort when they talk about non-hockey stuff like the Raps. Hayes is fine tho.

Hayes knows other sports, O'dog knows golf and NFL a little bit. But noodles is so painful with anything but hockey, he just uses clichés like he doing an interview between periods as a player OR he tries to compare everything back to hockey. It would honestly be better if he just stuck to hockey.

I think they should split the show up into segments
4-5 NHL but with more in depth leafs stuff especially after a game
5-6 Ray at for the first 20~ mins then start transitioning into other sports
6-7 any sport biggest headline talk about that or just run through the other sports.

Noodles can leave 6-7 he adds nothing and is usually on that's hockey or something anyway, on a leaf game night odog can get over to the panel earlier.

Hayes used to do a show on his own right after leafs lunch anyway, he knows how to do it. Then aim to have your NFL, MLB or NBA guests call in cuts out noodles or odog cutting in with a pointless question too

Reactions: Keanu Reeves

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
I've been pleasantly surprised by Anthony Stewart and Jeff Marek. I always liked Marek but Stewart is holding his own and he's a recent retiree so unlike some of the older guys like Poulin, he is closer to what's really going on

Matthews34

Oct 9, 2009
Uxbridge
I've been pleasantly surprised by Anthony Stewart and Jeff Marek. I always liked Marek but Stewart is holding his own and he's a recent retiree so unlike some of the older guys like Poulin, he is closer to what's really going on

My only issue with Stewart is he's already jumped on the Leafs must trade Nylander media band wagon.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal

I’ve been enjoying it as well, not as Leaf centric of course but none of ego centric personal babble that Petrillo and friends fill the noon hour with. Almost all hockey, always thought of Marek as a bit similar to his best pal Strombo but havent noticed any of that too cool for the crowd stuff.
Stewart’s ok he’s sticking pretty close to the old time hockey script but he’s new and shows promise. Also thought Amber was great yesterday, evidently he’ll be doing every Wednesday. After boycotting Leaf lunch I’m happy to find a decent alternative at i time I can listen to live radio. Godsend.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
I’ve been enjoying it as well, not as Leaf centric of course but none of ego centric personal babble that Petrillo and friends fill the noon hour with. Almost all hockey, always thought of Marek as a bit similar to his best pal Strombo but havent noticed any of that too cool for the crowd stuff.
Stewart’s ok he’s sticking pretty close to the old time hockey script but he’s new and shows promise. Also thought Amber was great yesterday, evidently he’ll be doing every Wednesday. After boycotting Leaf lunch I’m happy to find a decent alternative at i time I can listen to live radio. Godsend.

He's definitely not like Strombo. Strombo always inserts himself into the interview as if people are there to hear him as much as the interviewee.

Reactions: garce

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Marek and Stewart are ok but they're a little dull. That said it beats leafs lunch. LL is garbage.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Tonight is the last Prime Time Sports? If true... :thumbd:

PTS was a Bob McCown thing.
It will never live up to the level it was at in his heyday.

Outside of trying to milk the association to Bobcat, there is no reason to keep the name of the show.
Radio talk shows are just that, people sitting down talking about some sort of topic. What the name of the show is, is irrelevant really.

Regardless, Overdrive is just going to crush anything Rogers throws at them right now.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
PTS was a Bob McCown thing.
It will never live up to the level it was at in his heyday.

Outside of trying to milk the association to Bobcat, there is no reason to keep the name of the show.
Radio talk shows are just that, people sitting down talking about some sort of topic. What the name of the show is, is irrelevant really.

Regardless, Overdrive is just going to crush anything Rogers throws at them right now.
I think you're right.

It's too bad Bobcat isn't around. That NHL TV deal has made a mess of things and a lot of people have lost their job because of it.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Sid and Tim will be taking over the 5 to 7 hours from Prime Time Sports. As someone who can't stand the loudness/abrasiveness of Tim and Sid, I will now be an OverDrive guy.

RIP PTS.

rielledup

Sep 17, 2015
So these three guys said they'd be pissed at Buflugyien for not playing ( particularly Odog as he said he wouldnt want him back ) even though it seems pretty obvious there must be a serious reason why he all of a sudden didn't want to play hockey anymore, and yet Odog is offended by grittys light hearted joke about lindsay vonn being able to do better than Pk?

I still listen to the show because I want to listen to sports banter and they still have their moments and at that time of day the alternative is Tim and Sid, but man I'm getting to the point where their stupidity and ridiculous takes is getting too much. All three of them are morons that can't be taken seriously.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
So these three guys said they'd be pissed at Buflugyien for not playing ( particularly Odog as he said he wouldnt want him back ) even though it seems pretty obvious there must be a serious reason why he all of a sudden didn't want to play hockey anymore, and yet Odog is offended by grittys light hearted joke about lindsay vonn being able to do better than Pk?

I still listen to the show because I want to listen to sports banter and they still have their moments and at that time of day the alternative is Tim and Sid, but man I'm getting to the point where their stupidity and ridiculous takes is getting too much. All three of them are morons that can't be taken seriously.

What I read somewhere else is that Buff wanted to retire after the season ended and the Jets asked him to hold off. So if that's the case and he just doesn't want to play anymore, it isn't serious.

Reactions: Lyons89

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
What I read somewhere else is that Buff wanted to retire after the season ended and the Jets asked him to hold off. So if that's the case and he just doesn't want to play anymore, it isn't serious.
If that's the case, Jets should have resigned Myers and let Buff retired. For pro athletes, if their mind is made up or pondered about retirement, it is best to let them be.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
EG8nxC7WoAAy2PM

It's official now.

O being a hater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad