TSN Overdrive and other Toronto Sports Media V4

Status
Not open for further replies.

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens
Honest to god who the hell cares what song plays after we score a goal. Everybody was slobbering all over Gloria last year during the playoffs. Its just a song it doesn't have any affect on the other team.

As a second generation eye-talian, lemme tell ya, Gloria brought back so many fun memories from the 80’s. Branigans version is a cover, but her version, and the original, were played at every Italian wedding in the 80s lol. Absolutely loved hearing the song.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
As a second generation eye-talian, lemme tell ya, Gloria brought back so many fun memories from the 80’s. Branigans version is a cover, but her version, and the original, were played at every Italian wedding in the 80s lol. Absolutely loved hearing the song.

I'm not Italian but every time we had a get together that song was played full blast with everyone singing at the top of their lungs.

rielledup

Sep 17, 2015
I don’t think they were trying to be insensitive. I think they were trying to say, that if he doesn’t want to play he should say he doesn’t want to play. Because they are right, the players in the lockeroom are probably saying they can use Buff. As much as it’s Big buff’s right, it’s also not fair to the organization to leave them in LIMBO.
If I was a teammate or a fan I'd rather him leave the door open and hope he gets over whatever it is than flat out retire. It may have been better from an optics or pr standpoint to retire only because idiots would him not retiring as an excuse to rip him for not being there.

rielledup

Sep 17, 2015
Sid and Craig Button saying things like McDavid could get 150 or 160 points is so incredibly stupid for people who have followed hockey their whole lives and one who was actually a GM. Almost as stupid as Poulin claiming Matthew's might score a goal a game all season last year.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
I think the name that Leaf this week for overdrive is Jim Benning.
Played for 2 Canadian teams. Toronto and Vancouver.

Drafted by Toronto Ontario the first round in 1981.

Cut by the Lightning at camp in 1992.

Reactions: francis246

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
If I was a teammate or a fan I'd rather him leave the door open and hope he gets over whatever it is than flat out retire. It may have been better from an optics or pr standpoint to retire only because idiots would him not retiring as an excuse to rip him for not being there.

Why? You can come out of retirement at any time. If you don’t want to play, just say you don’t want to play. Don’t keep dangling the possibility of coming back over top the team and your teammates. Plus the fact that he didn’t even skate this summer shows he’s not interested in coming back.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
How can you not tell it’s odog lmaooo!?
lmao. can't believe I didn't catch on. Whenever I see it (on tv) ODog is just listening and laughing, so I had no reason to assume it was him. I mean, maybe if he disappeared then I'd assume something. There are some words or things Gerry says, now that I think of it that remind me a bit of Odog. Definitely a funny bit.

OddyOh

Really, Healy?
Aug 18, 2010
Regina, SK
Why? You can come out of retirement at any time. If you don’t want to play, just say you don’t want to play. Don’t keep dangling the possibility of coming back over top the team and your teammates. Plus the fact that he didn’t even skate this summer shows he’s not interested in coming back.

I thought once a player signs and files his retirement papers, he can't un-retire for a period of time (1 year? 3 years?)...however, I can't find anything on it now. There must be some kind of rule though to prevent shady deals.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Gerrys % has well and truly run its course. The voice has at least, it blows my eardrums off when im listening to the podcast, but most of all like most jokes they are funny to begin with and its just not funny anymore. keep the %'s but the voice is just terrible at this point

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010
Gerrys % has well and truly run its course. The voice has at least, it blows my eardrums off when im listening to the podcast, but most of all like most jokes they are funny to begin with and its just not funny anymore. keep the %'s but the voice is just terrible at this point

It's awful.

I defended Overdrive earlier in this thread, but I turn it off or mute it when Gerry's % comes on. If you're going to be that annoying, you have to be really funny. It isn't.

Last edited:
Reactions: HC7 and Walshy7

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Would you rather have a gimmick like giant cannon going off?

Maybe in Toronto after each goal they can make it rain leaves?
I’d rather something lively and maybe slightly in tune with today. I’m in my mid thirties and hall & Oates were at their height before I developed a taste for music.

barilko05

NHL FAN
Jan 28, 2011
I’d rather something lively and maybe slightly in tune with today. I’m in my mid thirties and hall & Oates were at their height before I developed a taste for music.

I've always been of a mind that a goal song needs a definitive, memorable intro. That Hall and Oatest song doesn't grab me as "exciting". I like it...just not in this context. My vote? The Stone Cold Steve Austin theme. That glass break off the top would truly be epic after a big goal.

Welsh Maple Leaf

Jan 9, 2017
I've always been of a mind that a goal song needs a definitive, memorable intro. That Hall and Oatest song doesn't grab me as "exciting". I like it...just not in this context. My vote? The Stone Cold Steve Austin theme. That glass break off the top would truly be epic after a big goal.
That should be Matthews goal song only. Stone Cold Steve Auston

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Did you guys hear when instead of gerry o dog did Lou brown? I don't know who that is but I was on the floor.

Reactions: Lyons89

lovemyleafs

Jan 23, 2017
i love overdrive.
they don't know jack about anything but hockey, but i appreciate their effort when they talk about non-hockey stuff like the Raps. Hayes is fine tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad